Loagow now 3 stars | The Boneyard

Loagow now 3 stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know, I know, Lagow, on scout board, a few other too

Reaction Score
I was referring to scout rankings. I dont bother with espn rankings, just scout and rivals.

I don't subscribe to those, how much of a variance do you think there is between those and ESPN?

Reaction Score
I like ESPN because they have scouting reports on the players that give strengths and weaknesses. It is much better information about the player than rivals or scout.

Here are some Lagow excerpts from ESPN.

....He possesses ideal size and can make all the throws and some look easy. He sees the field very well, is quick in his drop and possesses adequate feet. .... However, he is not a guy that is going to make a lot of plays with his legs and improvise. ....Gets happy feet and antsy in the pocket instead of being calm and balanced. .....Delivery is quick and powerful, but he does wind-up some. Has a low elbow, but nothing alarming considering his elite height.

The full report is at least six times longer with an observation in every sentence. If you want a sense of the player, ESPN is by far the best.

Reaction Score
I like ESPN because they have scouting reports on the players that give strengths and weaknesses. It is much better information about the player than rivals or scout.

I agree. Its also quick and to the point from a "time/ease of use" perspective as well. I can get a quick recap and be done, as much as I am not a fan of ESPN it serves its purpose here!! In addition, dont look now but on the ESPN board we are up to 13 3* recruits for next year!!!! Thats crazy! BY FAR the best class we've ever had on paper here at Uconn!!

Reaction Score
After looking at his film and reason the espn reviews I really believe he is under rated. He was in a pro offense that was running the ball first and pass when needed. When he passed he did his job well. Saw good accuracy and good decisions. Also he evades pressure well. He had a great team and played against the best competition in the country. Think we got ourselves a dark horse.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
After looking at his film and reason the espn reviews I really believe he is under rated. He was in a pro offense that was running the ball first and pass when needed. When he passed he did his job well. Saw good accuracy and good decisions. Also he evades pressure well. He had a great team and played against the best competition in the country. Think we got ourselves a dark horse.

I know it is just a term, but you'd be hard pressed to name more than a handful of professional offenses that run the ball first and passes when needed, and even less that remain sucessful over the long term. Those that you will find (i.e. Washington) only run the ball more because of designed QB runs.

Back on point...The job is Whitmer's to lose, with Cochran backing him up an McCummings in the 3rd slot. I hope he moves to another position, personally to take advantage of his athleticism. That way, if, God forbid, UConn decides on a version of the true Wildcat, McCummings is already on the field.

The plan should be for Lagow to redshirt this year and challenge Cochran in 2014.

Reaction Score
You would like Lagow to redshirt, but if he's the best guy, I say burn that redshirt and on to greater glory.

Reactions: pj

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You would like Lagow to redshirt, but if he's the best guy, I say burn that redshirt and on to greater glory.
Which is what everyone said about Cochran...

If the quarterback was Bonislowski, I'd agree, but Whitmer has proven himself more than competent and Cochran still has all 4 years of eligibily left.

If Cochran is as good as people indicated last year and Lagow does not redshirt, they will burn through their eligibility at the same rate. In my opinion, Lagow would have to be the second coming of Johnny Heisman (who was redshirted, btw) in order not to Redshirt him.

pj

Reaction Score
No need to decide on redshirts until the season is well underway. That said, he does arrive in summer, not spring, and without spring football it's hard for a freshman QB to rise to the top of the depth chart, no matter how good he is. Just knowing the offense and building chemistry with receivers takes time.

Reaction Score
Actually, whatever happens in the next week or longer, he will start arriving every Friday and stay till late Sunday, every weekend and holidays, until he is there full time. He will start learning an offense and working out with whoever is willing to do the work and catch. No matter where he ended up, that was always the plan because in Texas there is a new requirement that started with his graduating class that makes it almost impossible to graduate early unless you go to a private school.

Reaction Score
Ok, I just decided to look at my son's account that I have tied to mine so it is easier to move funds and keep him fed.....wherever this kid goes they need a damn trough to feed hom or they are going to have to shut down the football program. I only look at it now and then but every charge is for food.......sometimes six a day. I will make money sending him to college. :)

Reaction Score
Actually, whatever happens in the next week or longer, he will start arriving every Friday and stay till late Sunday, every weekend and holidays, until he is there full time. He will start learning an offense and working out with whoever is willing to do the work and catch. No matter where he ended up, that was always the plan because in Texas there is a new requirement that started with his graduating class that makes it almost impossible to graduate early unless you go to a private school.

WOW! I appreciate all of the inside info, this is great stuff! I have a thousand follow up questions but a board like this is not the venue. Anyway, thanks for all of your insight, keep it coming.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Now that's commitment. A lot of frequent flyer miles. Hoping he sticks with UConn. Good luck.

pj

Reaction Score

Wow, terrific! I've never heard of a player doing that before. Hope he doesn't get exhausted with all that travel. Good thing American has nonstop DFW-BDL flights. DFW-BOS might save a bit of money with a longer drive.

That is terrific for UConn, as noted before we're very short on QB depth and injuries could require Richard to play next fall. It's great that he's investing so much to be prepared.

Hope he knocks them dead! I have a feeling this spring is going to see the best QB competition in UConn history!

Reaction Score

Whatever happens in the next week or longer? Don't we know WHAT is going to happen in LESS then a week?

Reaction Score

Interesting. Do you have to cover all of the expenses yourself? Or can the University help?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Do you have to cover all of the expenses yourself? Or can the University help?

The BY is going to raise funds for his hotel, hookers and booze too.

You really don't know the answer to your own question?

Reaction Score
The BY is going to raise funds for his hotel, hookers and booze too.

You really don't know the answer to your own question?

Well I wasn't sure after a LOI is signed and the student is no longer a "recruit" if there are certain allowances that can be made. Obviously the NCAA sucks but you never know. ;-)

Reaction Score
Nope, no more of the good old days. Between SMU and Colorado the payments and entertainment have been sidelined. Now you have the ridiculous days of choosing a school based on actual academic opportunity and the unspeakable expectation of actually having to get a job and earn a living with the degree you actually have to go to class to earn. You have to miss the glory days of college athletics. Now all we have is the cash machine Notre Cash unleashed when it broke the TV grip of the NCAA.........I may be dating myself so I should stop. :)

We are prepared to get him where he needs to be and will see what access there is to the coaches and future team members.

Reaction Score
Nope, no more of the good old days. Between SMU and Colorado the payments and entertainment have been sidelined. Now you have the ridiculous days of choosing a school based on actual academic opportunity and the unspeakable expectation of actually having to get a job and earn a living with the degree you actually have to go to class to earn. You have to miss the glory days of college athletics. Now all we have is the cash machine Notre Cash unleashed when it broke the TV grip of the NCAA.........I may be dating myself so I should stop. :)

We are prepared to get him where he needs to be and will see what access there is to the coaches and future team members.
http://assets0..com/images/GifGuide/clapping/busey_clapping.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak