Lizzie's Curbside: Serving The UConn Campus For 25 Years | The Boneyard

Lizzie's Curbside: Serving The UConn Campus For 25 Years

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Lizzie's Curbside: Serving The UConn Campus For 25 Years

"Elizabeth "Lizzie" Searing is the sole owner of Taking Care of Tummies, LLC, also known as Lizzie's Catering.

Searing is also known around the UConn campus, where she has been a fixture for 25 years, as Lizzie's Curbside.

Searing began as a hot dog cart vendor years ago, but has evolved to provide breakfast and lunch, encompassing a wide variety of offerings, to faculty, staff, students, and visitors at UConn's Storrs campus.

The idea for the business arose in 1989, when Searing was working as a catering manager at the Hartford Civic Center, during the heyday of the Hartford Whalers' hockey franchise. Hearing that Searing lived in Coventry, a chef at the Civic Center encouraged her to open a hot dog cart on campus.

"He told me I could make a killing," said Searing.

Originally resistant to the idea, Searing eventually decided to give it a try. Her future mother-in-law provided her with her first hot dog cart.

"The first day I think I made $100 or $120," said Searing.

Not a bad take for an unknown, new vendor on campus. And Searing has continued to do well ever since."

Anyone ever eat here on campus? It's the only outside food truck allowed on campus by UConn Dining- I've heard great things about the food but the prices were a little steep for me and I never ate there while I was a student.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34
Top Bottom