Huskies in the Pros (Baseball) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Huskies in the Pros (Baseball)

Reaction Score
I see Anthony Kay is one of a few 1st Round picks, who remains unsigned. Any ideas if the Mets are offering below slot?

Any chance he returns?

Reaction Score
I see Anthony Kay is one of a few 1st Round picks, who remains unsigned. Any ideas if the Mets are offering below slot?

Any chance he returns?

By chance the Connecticut Tigers are playing at Brooklyn tonight, the Mets farm club in the New York-Penn League, and we are listening to the broadcast. At one point tonight Chris Jones talked a bit about Anthony Kay. Basically, he said that Kay has not signed yet, but all signs point to Kay eventually signing on with the with the Mets before the signing deadline on July 15.

Even before Chris Jones said that, I would have been very surprised if Kay returned to UConn for his senior year. There is simply too much money that Kay would have to leave on the table if he were not to turn pro.

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander made his minor league debut last night pitching a scoreless inning for the Blue Jays of the Gulf Coast League. Olander never played for Jim Penders and company, but he is still a UConn Husky in pro baseball.

Hartford Courant

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander made his minor league debut last night pitching a scoreless inning for the Blue Jays of the Gulf Coast League. Olander never played for Jim Penders and company, but he is still a UConn Husky in pro baseball.

Hartford Courant

Dom Amore@AmoreCourant 1 day ago
Tyler Olander pitched two scoreless inns for Gulf Coast Blue Jays, 0 hits, 1 W, 1k. He now has 4 scoreless IP as a pro. @UConnMBB

Reaction Score

Last I saw he was signed to a minor league contract by the Padres.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant Aug 19
Two singles, a double and home run No. 24 tonight for @UConnBaseball's George Springer in #Astros win

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 2h2 hours ago
Again: single, double, Homer (25th) for George Springer in #Astros win. Needs 9 HR to tie Walt Dropo's mark, most by @UConnBaseball in MLB

Dom Amore ‏@AmoreCourant 1h1 hour ago
John Andreoli had Single, double, Homer tonight for Trip A Iowa Cubs. Has 12 HRs, 32 SBs, .366 OBP. Next from @UConnBaseball in big leagues?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom