Link to buy football season tickets | The Boneyard

Link to buy football season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just texted about 10 of my buddies (mostly UConn grads) with the link to season tickets and a screenshot of B12 expansion news. Have not gotten any "hell yeah" responses, most straight "no" comments. Having a hard time getting the casual fan to committ to UConn football even though season tickets only go for $115 with young alumni. So irritating since these are the same people who complain that our conference blows.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Benedict's official twitter account retweeted this -

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The posse is coning in next week to help...

http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/?section=about-aspire

>>Boosting attendance and improving the fan experience is a priority for Benedict and a school spokesman said UConn is using Georgia-based The Aspire Group to help increase ticket sales. The Aspire Group will be on campus next week, bringing 11 or 12 people to work for UConn.<<

They do a really good job. I have a friend who worked with them for a few years. Was excited to hear that we were consulting.

Reaction Score
I just texted about 10 of my buddies (mostly UConn grads) with the link to season tickets and a screenshot of B12 expansion news. Have not gotten any "hell yeah" responses, most straight "no" comments. Having a hard time getting the casual fan to committ to UConn football even though season tickets only go for $115 with young alumni. So irritating since these are the same people who complain that our conference blows.

Help me understand the Connecticut reluctance to spend money to attend sports events. My wife and I have had season tickets at the Rent since the second year, and I think it's a great fan experience. We've been to the Rose Bowl, Northwestern, Notre Dame , Temple and Penn State for games, and frankly and the Rent is by far the best from a spectator standpoint. Yes tailgating at Penn State is better but that is by necessity since it can take hours to get out of the parking lot.
I see all the concerns about size, but if memory is correct, Baylors new stadium is only 45,000. I forget what we got the Rent up to for the Michigan game but I think it was 43000 so we can't be that far off . As others have said, the Rent was designed for expansion. If we can spend $650 million for a busway we should be able to find the money for stadium expansion..
In the hay day of the Big East, the Rent was sold out for numerous games like Pitt and West Virginia. Wh9o was the big name Baylor quarterbaack that said the Rent was the noisiest place he had paid.
It isn't only football that has attendance problems. When we first moved to ct, it was almost impossible to get a Basketball ticket at XL. Now it is Embarrassing to
See two top teams [men and women] playing in front of many empty seats so please don't tell me it's because football hasn't been winning. BB is winning and fans still don't turn out.
UCONN has the right athletic director and I think he can turn it in the right direction, but it will not be easy.

Reaction Score
Help me understand the Connecticut reluctance to spend money to attend sports events. My wife and I have had season tickets at the Rent since the second year, and I think it's a great fan experience. We've been to the Rose Bowl, Northwestern, Notre Dame , Temple and Penn State for games, and frankly and the Rent is by far the best from a spectator standpoint. Yes tailgating at Penn State is better but that is by necessity since it can take hours to get out of the parking lot.
I see all the concerns about size, but if memory is correct, Baylors new stadium is only 45,000. I forget what we got the Rent up to for the Michigan game but I think it was 43000 so we can't be that far off . As others have said, the Rent was designed for expansion. If we can spend $650 million for a busway we should be able to find the money for stadium expansion..
In the hay day of the Big East, the Rent was sold out for numerous games like Pitt and West Virginia. Wh9o was the big name Baylor quarterbaack that said the Rent was the noisiest place he had paid.
It isn't only football that has attendance problems. When we first moved to ct, it was almost impossible to get a Basketball ticket at XL. Now it is Embarrassing to
See two top teams [men and women] playing in front of many empty seats so please don't tell me it's because football hasn't been winning. BB is winning and fans still don't turn out.
UCONN has the right athletic director and I think he can turn it in the right direction, but it will not be easy.

Amen preacher, but the choir is fine tuned.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pssssssss ... You don't need to be young or an alumni to get the 115 dollar tickets.
Double psssssssss you don't need to spend 900 to sit in the chair backs.

Reaction Score
Pssssssss ... You don't need to be young or an alumni to get the 115 dollar tickets.
Double psssssssss you don't need to spend 900 to sit in the chair backs.
You know, I'm sitting here for the first time looking at buying legitimate, non-young-alumni season tickets in the chairbacks... and then I see that to even have the *privilege* of buying these seats, I have to donate $800. Eight hundred US dollars. On top of the $600 that they already cost. To buy tickets to UConn football.

They want to sell season tickets and fill the stadium? They're going to need to lower these donation amounts significantly. Because it's straight up absurd when I can buy the same seats on stubhub for probably $30 - $50 per game, if that.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You know, I'm sitting here for the first time looking at buying legitimate, non-young-alumni season tickets in the chairbacks... and then I see that to even have the *privilege* of buying these seats, I have to donate $800. Eight hundred US dollars. On top of the $600 that they already cost. To buy tickets to UConn football.

They want to sell season tickets and fill the stadium? They're going to need to lower these donation amounts significantly. Because it's straight up absurd when I can buy the same seats on stubhub for probably $30 - $50 per game, if that.
I agree, but are you 100% on chair backs? I'm in 219 near the band and no donation. Granted no chair either but I'm fine with the trade off.

Reaction Score
I agree, but are you 100% on chair backs? I'm in 219 near the band and no donation. Granted no chair either but I'm fine with the trade off.
Thanks I'll take a look for those, didn't realize there was a tier with no donation. Much more reasonable.

I had no idea how high the donations were, though. And all UConn does is cry that they can't sell more season ticket packages. This is a simple enough problem to fix if they gain some awareness that they're not, in fact, the New England Patriots.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My feeling is the economy has everyone looking closely at what they spend... and if they have enough they are getting out of the state.

The crowd that needs to be there buying in has left, the next generation needs to get fired up before they will keep it as an option.

just my .02

Reaction Score
Does every pair of season tickets get a parking pass, or just the chairbacks and club seats?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Does every pair of season tickets get a parking pass, or just the chairbacks and club seats?
I had to pay for my parking pass separately.

Reaction Score

Not sure if they're still doing it, but they were running a promotion where if you know a season ticket holder, they can buy extra tickets for you and they'll waive the donation. I think there was a post on it about a month ago.

Reaction Score

Sect 241 isn't chair backs but they are the section over form me and have pretty much the same view. PM @FfldCntyFan @Nostical @businesslawyer and ask them about that section. I'm in 242 (chair backs) and the donation although a bit steep is nice come tax time. It also helped me get really good seats for hockey.

Reaction Score
Sect 241 isn't chair backs but they are the section over form me and have pretty much the same view. PM @FfldCntyFan @Nostical @businesslawyer and ask them about that section. I'm in 242 (chair backs) and the donation although a bit steep is nice come tax time. It also helped me get really good seats for hockey.
I actually ended up springing for 2 seats in 241 :)

Reaction Score
I actually ended up springing for 2 seats in 241 :)
I try to meet up with @FfldCntyFan at 1/2 tie for a beer...we have tried to get BL in but it just hasn't worked. I'm hoping this year we can get BL, Nos and you if you are up to it. usually we drink our beers and try to find the positives in what was a ugly on-field product. Last year was actually pretty pleasant some games. make sure you dress warm as the temps drop...not being in the sun it can get cold over there.

Reaction Score
My feeling is the economy has everyone looking closely at what they spend... and if they have enough they are getting out of the state.

The crowd that needs to be there buying in has left, the next generation needs to get fired up before they will keep it as an option.

just my .02
Along the shore, from New Haven to Greenwich, is a different story. People are not looking to leave that area.

Reaction Score

Crap I gotta step it up

Reaction Score
I try to meet up with @FfldCntyFan at 1/2 tie for a beer...we have tried to get BL in but it just hasn't worked. I'm hoping this year we can get BL, Nos and you if you are up to it. usually we drink our beers and try to find the positives in what was a ugly on-field product. Last year was actually pretty pleasant some games. make sure you dress warm as the temps drop...not being in the sun it can get cold over there.
I'd definitely be down for that. Looking forward to the first game on 9/1, hopefully get off to a good start

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Yeah - its a familiar story. Just keep pushing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom