Lifted from VT CR board | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Lifted from VT CR board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You're betting against an ACC Network as is everyone here. I know. I've seen the posts for 2 years. The ACC is working on it.

Which conference sorts out its network issues first (ACC with Raycom, XII with LHN) will determine which of the two is a P4 member and which is carved-up Dexter style by the B1G, SEC and PAC (only applies to the XII should it fold).

Reaction Score
I'll pass.....you're doing fine on you're own...
Good to see you again. I'm sticking to this thread that is about the ACC. It started with GT AD comments. It's not about Rutgers and not about the Big Ten either really. There are others that are. So jump in.

Reaction Score
An interview for a job that was never vacant. I don't know why you're bothering with this nonsense. Everyone here knows that you're either a liar or you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
If you've never heard of gauging interest before, you've never recruited talent for anything. No the job wasn't vacant, but LSU seriously considered firing their coach. They ended up not being stupid enough to fire Less Miles with no one lined up like Maryland did with Randy Edsall. What Maryland did to Randy Edsall was appalling. Glad to see he got another job in the NFL.

What Joe Aleva did to Les Miles was appalling too. But we saw him do it to the Duke Lacrosse coach ten years ago before even knowing that the allegations against the team were true.

Reaction Score
Which conference sorts out its network issues first (ACC with Raycom, XII with LHN) will determine which of the two is a P4 member and which is carved-up Dexter style by the B1G, SEC and PAC (only applies to the XII should it fold).
Possibly Mr. Conehead. But I actually am beginning to believe it won't get to 4. If the Big XII expands, I think it will survive. I think the ACC is fine. The CFP contract is for 5 conferences until 2027 or so. The Bowls are tied into 5 conferences.

If the Big XII sits like it is currently sitting, the 10 school conference won't be big enough. That's what they are working and why UConn should be talking to them. I think Gordon Gee is the key as WVU is who has the most to gain from pulling the Big XII East. He's also right in the middle of what they are doing. Hopefully the UConn administration knows Gordon Gee and others in the Big XII of course.

Reaction Score
If you've never heard of gauging interest before, you've never recruited talent for anything. No the job wasn't vacant, but LSU seriously considered firing their coach. They ended up not being stupid enough to fire Less Miles with no one lined up like Maryland did with Randy Edsall. What Maryland did to Randy Edsall was appalling. Glad to see he got another job in the NFL.

What Joe Aleva did to Les Miles was appalling too. But we saw him do it to the Duke Lacrosse coach ten years ago before even knowing that the allegations against the team were true.

I have recruited talent, and you're full of crap. LSU isn't calling Jimbo Fisher about an interview while Miles is still employed. That would have gotten out and been a PR nightmare. I wouldn't be hearing it for the first time from a delusional ACC homer.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This thread should be retitled - "Boring ACC discussions."

Don't these people from other schools have homes to go to?

Reaction Score
This thread should be retitled - "Boring ACC discussions."

Don't these people from other schools have homes to go to?

I think Stimpy does business as 'John Swofford' (seriously) over on Landthieves.

Reaction Score
I think Stimpy does business as 'John Swofford' (seriously) over on Landthieves.
Not been over there in a year. And only read it. Oklahoma folks aren't interested in the ACC. They are split between the PAC12 and the SEC. What's he saying?

Reaction Score
FSU's facilities are better than Florida's and compete quite well with anyone's......new IPF, new player's lounge, locker room, new player dorm, coaches offices, meeting rooms, etc...the stadium is being upgraded to a tune of $85 million on top of new "club" facilities already underway. New soccer field updates, a great baseball complex, and FSU recently purchased the Turner Center for basketball (which is also receiving upgrades).

Seminole Boosters, Inc...has gotten into the development business with the 20 acres they own on the campus edge...and have been making good money on their College Town development.....see College Town (apartments have been 100% rented...more being constructed), leased space to restaurants and clubs, leased space to CVS drug store, etc...and all income will support athletics long term.

And FSU is in the middle of a $250 million athletic fund raising campaign.

http://fsucollegetown.net/dining__entertainment

Jimbo understands...and he is a leader...

"We're in the elite class of universities in this country," said FSU football coach Jimbo Fisher, "but we understand we have to go forward. In coaching, they say, 'How are you going to maintain?' We're not maintaining anything in our program. You're either getting better or you're getting worse. You have to be aggressive, and you have to move forward."

Reaction Score
I have recruited talent, and you're full of crap. LSU isn't calling Jimbo Fisher about an interview while Miles is still employed. That would have gotten out and been a PR nightmare. I wouldn't be hearing it for the first time from a delusional ACC homer.
Do you not think they had a PR nightmare? I thought it was rather bad. They aborted and recovered, but it was typical Joe Aleva.

Reaction Score
Not been over there in a year. And only read it. Oklahoma folks aren't interested in the ACC. They are split between the PAC12 and the SEC. What's he saying?

I'll believe you, but he's basically the ACC troll on Lanthieves.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Sorry guys. I thought I was bringing something new to the table. I just brought back all the old arguments from the same ACC posters. Won't happen again.

BTW - I actually thought fishy banned stimpy.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys. I thought I was bringing something new to the table. I just brought back all the old arguments from the same ACC posters. Won't happen again.

BTW - I actually thought fishy banned stimpy.

Obviously people are interested in conversing about this topic, so I say no harm no foul. As for Stimp his opinions may be unpopular, but that doesn't mean he should be banned. You have to save that for the really special people like Okie Lite or Notre Dame Joe who's sole purpose in life seems to be to derail every thread they participate in.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Obviously people are interested in conversing about this topic, so I say no harm no foul. As for Stimp his opinions may be unpopular, but that doesn't mean he should be banned. You have to save that for the really special people like Okie Lite or Notre Dame Joe who's sole purpose in life seems to be to derail every thread they participate in.
I like having you "outsiders" on the board. And that includes @btstimpy and @NickyNewark, who seem to both take a lot of heat. Part of the fun of the old BE was the back & forth with Cuse, RU, Pitt, BC etc fans. In the AAC we only get a handful of conference visitors, but at least we get some variety on the CR board.

Reaction Score
I like having you "outsiders" on the board. And that includes @btstimpy and @NickyNewark, who seem to both take a lot of heat. Part of the fun of the old BE was the back & forth with Cuse, RU, Pitt, BC etc fans. In the AAC we only get a handful of conference visitors, but at least we get some variety on the CR board.
OUTSIDER...MAYBE BUT AFTER A FEW YRS....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's hard to get banned here.

We generally rely on shaming and piles of abuse. Most people self-correct.

But, sweet Jesus, the Virginia nitwit lacks any kind of self-awareness. The FSU nitwit is bad, but he's an amateur compared to that twit.

Generally, people have a sense of when they're boring the s--- out of other people, but those two were born without that switch.

Reaction Score
Orkney...love you're handle....my ancestors are Herb
ridian

That’s very cool… and thank you. I’ve been to Inner (but not Outer) Hebrides. Totally wonderful place, totally wonderful people…as are ALL Scots, totally wonderful single malt (Talisker is a favorite - from the Isle of Skye...Yum!). I’m off to Orkney next (hence the name), then Shetland, finally west to the Faroe Islands. Then I have to figure out how to get home…probably out of Iceland if I were to guess.

I love Scotland. I tell anyone who will listen Scots are the best people I have met in my travels...and I have traveled. Beautiful people, beautiful land. The best!

Unfortunately, I was born German…(lol)

Small world, Nicky, don't ya think?

Reaction Score
That’s very cool… and thank you. I’ve been to Inner (but not Outer) Hebrides. Totally wonderful place, totally wonderful people…as are ALL Scots, totally wonderful single malt (Talisker is a favorite - from the Isle of Skye...Yum!). I’m off to Orkney next (hence the name), then Shetland, finally west to the Faroe Islands. Then I have to figure out how to get home…probably out of Iceland if I were to guess.

I love Scotland. I tell anyone who will listen Scots are the best people I have met in my travels...and I have traveled. Beautiful people, beautiful land. The best!

My ancestors are from Prince Edward Island,,yes seems all the Celtic peoples are nice.

Reaction Score

We visited Scotland in 2011 and 2013. I love the Highlands. We stayed on the shores of Loch Ness and Loch Lomond, visited Sterling Castle, the Isle of Skye, Inverness, Culloden battlefield, Aviemore, etc... It is a place of great views, terrific history and great people. I love Scotland, too. Can't wait to go back.

Heading back to Ireland (dual citizen, visit often) in March. We may hop a flight to Glasgow again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom