Lexie Brown leaving Maryland | The Boneyard

Lexie Brown leaving Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Maryland myth- one happy family
It was more a hmmmm??? I didn't see the link. Did you edit it or are my eyes or computer just freaking out?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Along with the graduation of Laurin Mincy, Lexie Brown would be a huge loss for Maryland. She would have been an All American Candidate this year.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow -
It seems to me that we are seeing more starters/stars transferring in the last few years than I can remember previously. I am never that surprised that a bench player, even one who plays some significant minutes will decide to transfer, and never surprised when coaching changes bring on transfers, but that starters that seems to be thriving pack their bags it is always surprising.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She was from Georgia which isn't so far from Maryland (not like it's halfway across the country). She finished her sophomore year as an AA, and got all kinds of B1G awards as well. I will be curious to hear the reasoning. I could see if it were a player who wasn't getting any PT, but she was a starter and averaged over 13 PPG and was the 2nd or 3rd leading scorer on the team.

Usually it seems a player leaves a high profile school to go elsewhere for more PT or playing opportunities. That doesn't seem to be the case for Lexie. I will be curious to see if there is any more enlightening info that comes out...

Reaction Score
Interesting, at one time Brown, Deshields and Davis all were talking about playing at the same college. Now all three are transferring.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Having had a taste of 2 Final Fours in her 2 seasons at Maryland I'd expect her to look at schools with legitimate shots at the FF in '17 and "18. South Carolina comes to mind as needing guards in a big way after next season.

Three Maryland players were invited to the Pan Am/WUG trials and Brown was the only one of the 3 who didn't make the final cut.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Having had a taste of 2 Final Fours in her 2 seasons at Maryland I'd expect her to look at schools with legitimate shots at the FF in '17 and "18. South Carolina comes to mind as needing guards in a big way after next season.
t.

That would make too much sense. Plus as another Under-Armour school.... she wouldnt have to adjust to a new type of uniform.

HGN

Reaction Score
This is a surprising development to say the least. She was the face of Maryland Basketball this past year. And she seemed to be most happy and settled during the BIG-10 and NCAA Tournament. Echoing the other posters , I am curious to see why the transfer.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well the Big10 race just got alot more interesting. The good thing for Maryland is that they do have depth at pg. #3 is back for her senior year.. and she was a starter before she tore her ACL a few years ago. They still have #15 who started as a freshman after #3's injury two seasons ago.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well the Big10 race just got alot more interesting. The good thing for Maryland is that they do have depth at pg. #3 is back for her senior year.. and she was a starter before she tore her ACL a few years ago. They still have #15 who started as a freshman after #3's injury two seasons ago.

#15? #3? Channeling your inner Coach P?

Reaction Score
This is a surprising development to say the least. She was the face of Maryland Basketball this past year. And she seemed to be most happy and settled during the BIG-10 and NCAA Tournament. Echoing the other posters , I am curious to see why the transfer.

there is no chance the true reason for the transfer will become public

the Big10 is a weak conference, Maryland should still win it easily ...... The Ohio State has talent, but lacks defense, and discipline

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
#15? #3? Channeling your inner Coach P?

Well you know.... since Ive passed 40..... my memory just aint what it used to be :oops: Its easier to remember numbers than names. Lemme think... I think 15 is Pavelich (sp).... #3 is Mosely (sp) ..... yeah.. i think thats it.

Reaction Score
Could there be a race between Davis and Brown to see who can get to USCe first ?

Reaction Score
Maybe she'll head west, lots of good schools. Her dad works in Sacramento.
I would much rather see her out west than down south

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow!

These transfers are ridiculous this off season. And it's starters.

HGN

Reaction Score
there is no chance the true reason for the transfer will become public
jOHN, the true reason may never become public , but give me a juicy tidbit , and I will speculate the rest.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
“I want to thank Coach Frese, the staff and my teammates for two great seasons at the University of Maryland,” Brown said. “After talking with my family, I thought it was in my best interest to continue my education and pursue playing basketball at a university closer to my home. I truly enjoyed the friendships that I made and the outstanding support of the great Terp fans during my time in College Park.”

Reaction Score
As a fan of all things TERPS this is 'ing killing me right now :mad:
I do agree that the B10 is a weak WBB conference but damn it's bad blow to our program none the less. Also none of this matters UCONN will still win it all next year. Those young ladies personify what a true champion is all about! Is there room for me to jump on the wagon? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom