Let's not fool ourselves | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let's not fool ourselves

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why didn’t he get assigned to any UConn games this year? Last year, I remember him calling several games, but this year I can’t recall any.
Honestly and hear me out…. It’s a Providence fans fault. Fanta took part in that divine providence documentary and was hoodwinked because he didn’t know a pc troll would be dropping Hitler bombs and speculate on Cooleys cheating, Fanta caught a ton of crap for lending his name to that, and his TV sched seemed to reduce, but even more so , sadly, his dad died suddenly in January and he needed time off too.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I didn't think he was gonna go all the way to Monday but he done did it.
He's allowed.

Doesn't pause me a second from shooting back

One
Game
At
A
Time

Fanta gonna Fanta
And he's fantastic, so no complaints

Purdue in the finals feels too much like 1999 and we are Duke.

THIS is something WE have control over.

Media gonna media

"Resume resume resume!" held on as long as it possibly could, but when we wouldn't lose during the time Clingan was out, and then DC came back, and the "Purdue's body of work" argument had its back broken during that magical week when all kinds of teams lost to unranked opponents on the road except UConn (and Duke, tbh, but they weren't in the Top 10).

But then Uconn lost to Creighton, so media could anoint Houston, and KenPom did the heavy lifting to buttress the new ordering UNTIL Tournament week, when EVERY P5 best team failed to win its conference tourney EXCEPT UConn. So once again, they HAD TO make UConn the overall #1, even if it meant the Committee got boxed into non-credibly claiming that they hadn't just stuck with their pairings already determined before the weekend losses they never imagined would happen as they did. They were too busy working with the bid-stealer disruptions.

Ultimately, no big deal.

And here we are.

Making UConn into Duke is the trap. Media can't help it. It's what they do. But we don't have to take the bait.

Yes, our eyes might find it very attractive to mislabel our experience, but we don't have to act like it's a done deal, as Duke did in 1999.

Purdue's not going to do it. It wouldn't serve them either.

We can instead simply choose to continue to marvel at our lived experience of watching each game as it is played. Seriously, how great has it been!

Hubris does us no favors. It is more than enough to have living, breathing, unfolding joy, and the simply expressed wish for more on Saturday.

I am 'at choice' whether to embrace or suspend fashioning some future narrative telling of comparative history. We all are.

Why didn’t he get assigned to any UConn games this year? Last year, I remember him calling several games, but this year I can’t recall any.
I guess you didn't watch the Women's team regularly.

I hope you got to see "Divine Providence" before it got removed from YouTube. (I assume it hasn't resurfaced). Fanta was wonderful, nowithstanding what's accurately written in the post above.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've been sayiing this all tournament, it's a trap!
Trap.jpg

They're out there feeding us false intel. Don't fall for it.

Reaction Score
who are the two other bozos?

the zone is interesting. i'm surprised illinois did go to a zone, clogg the paint and dare us to shoot 3s. We aint making them so that could be a problem against a team like purdue with edey in the middle.
They weren't making them, but only a few were great shots. The threes you can get against a zone are so easy and wide open. And zone leaves you wide open to offensive rebounding, which this team excels at. Playing zone against UConn is a terrible idea

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
He's allowed.

Doesn't pause me a second from shooting back

One
Game
At
A
Time

Fanta gonna Fanta
And he's fantastic, so no complaints

THIS is something WE have control over.

Media gonna media

"Resume resume resume!" held on as long as it possibly could, but when we wouldn't lose during the time Clingan was out, and then DC came back, and the "Purdue's body of work" argument had its back broken during that magical week when all kinds of teams lost to unranked opponents on the road except UConn (and Duke, tbh, but they weren't in the Top 10).

But then Uconn lost to Creighton, so media could anoint Houston, and KenPom did the heavy lifting to buttress the new ordering UNTIL Tournament week, when EVERY P5 best team failed to win its conference tourney EXCEPT UConn. So once again, they HAD TO make UConn the overall #1, even if it meant the Committee got boxed into non-credibly claiming that they hadn't just stuck with their pairings already determined before the weekend losses they never imagined would happen as they did. They were too busy working with the bid-stealer disruptions.

Ultimately, no big deal.

And here we are.

Making UConn into Duke is the trap. Media can't help it. It's what they do. But we don't have to take the bait.

Yes, our eyes might find it very attractive to mislabel our experience, but we don't have to act like it's a done deal, as Duke did in 1999.

Purdue's not going to do it. It wouldn't serve them either.

We can instead simply choose to continue to marvel at our lived experience of watching each game as it is played. Seriously, how great has it been!

Hubris does us no favors. It is more than enough to have living, breathing, unfolding joy, and the simply expressed wish for more on Saturday.

I am 'at choice' whether to embrace or suspend fashioning some future narrative telling of comparative history. We all are.

I guess you didn't watch the Women's team regularly.

I hope you got to see "Divine Providence" before it got removed from YouTube. (I assume it hasn't resurfaced). Fanta was wonderful, nowithstanding what's accurately written in the post above.
The women bore me although I’m happy they got to the F4 but Iowa will demolish them. I didn’t watch that documentary but apparently that’s the main reason.

Reaction Score
Me too. Purdue in the finals feels too much like 1999 and we are Duke.
Purdue won’t be a 9 pt favorite in fact the line might even favor us IDK .
I do know we have to win a tough game on Saturday , as do they , to even think about it.
They’re all great teams in FF but remember Duke was the greatest basketball team since the invention of the game until they weren’t.

Reaction Score
The idea of a 3/2 zone against is interesting. We can pass to any of our 5 starters at the free throw line and cut like crazy. Everyone of those guys can pass. DC just turns and he can see the cutters and get them the ball. We have so many interchangeable parts and very talented players They have to hope we play a C game. That said we are dooooomed.

Reaction Score
The idea of a 3/2 zone against is interesting. We can pass to any of our 5 starters at the free throw line and cut like crazy. Everyone of those guys can pass. DC just turns and he can see the cutters and get them the ball. We have so many interchangeable parts and very talented players They have to hope we play a C game. That said we are dooooomed.
I mean you just dump it to Clingan and let him work. With Castle, Newton, Karaban, and Cam on the perimeter, you have shooting and driving ability for him to pass to if anyone comes down to double Clingan; then either they take a shot or make the second pass for a better look.

The fact that every player on this team is always looking for the next/better pass really neutralizes the zone. I wouldn’t intuitively be concerned about a zone at all

Reaction Score
I mean you just dump it to Clingan and let him work. With Castle, Newton, Karaban, and Cam on the perimeter, you have shooting and driving ability for him to pass to if anyone comes down to double Clingan; then either they take a shot or make the second pass for a better look.

The fact that every player on this team is always looking for the next/better pass really neutralizes the zone. I wouldn’t intuitively be concerned about a zone at all
I specifically remember a team throwing a zone at us this year. The play by play mentioned "Here's a little 1-3-1," which was followed almost immediately by a tic tac toe Clingan lob and dunk.

"So much for the 1-3-1" was the response by Raftery I believe

Reaction Score
I specifically remember a team throwing a zone at us this year. The play by play mentioned "Here's a little 1-3-1," which was followed almost immediately by a tic tac toe Clingan lob and dunk.

Zone against us = Cole slaw or chopped liver

Reaction Score

Yup I remember that lol, feels like it was pretty recent. Was it an early tournament game?

Reaction Score
Epic Fanta rant at 3:15. Time to HOUSE some steak fajitas for the boys!

Bruh! The scowl is epic lol! Someone needs to meme that. Fanta is the best part of that channel. The bald guy is really good but meh on everybody else.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The women bore me although I’m happy they got to the F4 but Iowa will demolish them. I didn’t watch that documentary but apparently that’s the main reason.
You are a piece of work

Reaction Score
Terrence Oglesby ( bald guy) who is absolutely fantastic . And our own @RobDauster who built the F68 empire and has provided all us hoop junkies with some great content over last 3 years.
Just Tried listening to field of 68. Why would they invite Goodman to be a part of the show he’s the worst talking head in all of college bball. Insufferable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom