Let's Give Thanks | The Boneyard

Let's Give Thanks

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I know this season didn't end up being everything we hoped and wished for. I know last night was a poor performance. I know that as of right now, next season doesn't seem to have us improving by leaps and bounds.

But.

Let's take a step back and calm down for a minute. Let's have a little perspective and give thanks for the positives. We got over the Nova hump. We were ranked basically all year. We are recruiting better. Remember where we were not so long ago? Most importantly, we got to go to games and have fun with each other. Heck, I know of a few elderly UConn fans that didn't make it through covid. If we're able to post on here and go to XL/Gampel/MSG/etc. and hang out drinking beer, talking trash over UConn hoops, I'll take it. There's plenty of room to grow to get back all the way, but I had a really fun year as a fan of this program. Might be one of my favorite years ever. Just getting to go to games with friends and family is something I will never take for granted again. In the past, I would have been devastated after last night. Now, I'm grateful for the season we had. I can't wait for next year.

Stay safe and have a fun off-season! Enjoy the rest of the tourney and the golf course. Remember what matters most.

Puparoni

Woof!
Reaction Score
I know this season didn't end up being everything we hoped and wished for. I know last night was a poor performance. I know that as of right now, next season doesn't seem to have us improving by leaps and bounds.

But.

Let's take a step back and calm down for a minute. Let's have a little perspective and give thanks for the positives. We got over the Nova hump. We were ranked basically all year. We are recruiting better. Remember where we were not so long ago? Most importantly, we got to go to games and have fun with each other. Heck, I know of a few elderly UConn fans that didn't make it through covid. If we're able to post on here and go to XL/Gampel/MSG/etc. and hang out drinking beer, talking trash over UConn hoops, I'll take it. There's plenty of room to grow to get back all the way, but I had a really fun year as a fan of this program. Might be one of my favorite years ever. Just getting to go to games with friends and family is something I will never take for granted again. In the past, I would have been devastated after last night. Now, I'm grateful for the season we had. I can't wait for next year.

Stay safe and have a fun off-season! Enjoy the rest of the tourney and the golf course. Remember what matters most.
It's nice to again enjoy watching UConn BB. Not so many years ago there were games where I could care less if I missed them.

Reaction Score

But.

You've bypassed six stages of grief. Too early for acceptance and hope.

Reaction Score
Being ranked all year is a great point. I know the tourney is everything to people. But only 1 team wins the tourney. I think it's just as good to have a good reg season than to go a few rounds in the tourney. I bet you michigan , ND and Indiana fans arent happy with their programs after this past regular season. Even though they all won a tourney game. The reg season is the bulk of our Fandom.
People would find a way to trash Hurley if we lost in the 32, 16, elite 8 or final 4. You can count on that. I mean, there are BY posts trashing the team after a W, during this past season! Can't wait till next year!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom