Let look at the redshirts, who will contribute? | The Boneyard

Let look at the redshirts, who will contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These guys are much more likely to make a contribution than any true frosh. I can see Campenni getting into the rotation at DT. McQillen is a very talented and versatile player and TE is a position that could use some depth.

Vann and Ashiru have already been talked about by DC Brown, so they will see the field, if not as part of the two deep, then definitely on special teams.

Andrew Adams FS 5-11,185 Fayetteville, Ga./Woodward Academy
Earned First Team All-City/South Fulton County by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution...played in 2009 GISA All-Star Game...had ten tackles, two interceptions and two TDs in first round state playoff game in 2010 vs. Ridgefield HS...team had a 10-2 record in senior season

Kenton Adeyemi DT 6-4, 257 Wethersfield, Conn./Kingwood-Oxford/Fork Union (Va.)Enrolled at UConn for spring 2011 semester...played high school football at Kingwood-Oxford (Conn.) and then prepped for a season at Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia...was an honorable mention all-league selection in high school...an outstanding track and field performer who was second in New England in the discus and foruth in the shot put...named to the Honor Roll at Fork Union.

Jefferson Ashiru LB 6-1, 210 Powder Springs, Ga./McEachern
Played in Cobb County All-Star Senior Bowl...two-time Cobb County Player of the Week in 2010...team posted an 11-2 record as a senior...three-sport athlete.

Julian Campenni DT 6-0, 274 West Pittson, Pa./Wyoming Area
Named to the Pennsylvania Sports Writers Class 2A all-state second team...named (Wilkes-Barre) Times-Leader All-Wyoming Valley Conference First Team...WVC Small School MVP... made 106 tackles, 34 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and forced seven fumbles this past season.....played in the Big 33 Football Classic for the Pennsylvania team.,.also played for the North team in the Chesapeake Bowl all-star game.

Tyree Clark CB 5-10,187 Tampa, Fla./Alonso
Team captain who was two year starter...made 85 tackles as a senior...posted four interceptions as a senior with two forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries...as a junior had six interceptions to lead the Tampa Bay area...named Honorable Mention All-Hillsborough County by the Tampa Tribune.

Max DeLorenzo RB 5-11, 209 Berlin, Conn.
Rushed for 2,154 yards as a junior and 5,040 for his career to set school records...named Class M MVP this year by the Connecticut High School Coaches Association...a two-time all-state pick by the CHSCA and the New Haven Register..also played cornerback and had 58 tackles and two fumble recoveries as a senior.....rushed for 1,397 yards as a senior with 21 TDs as team advanced to Class M quarterfinals...had a school record 334 yards of rushing with three TDs in Class M championship game win over Bethel as a junior.

Dalton Gifford OT 6-5, 294 Fairhaven, Mass./Barnstable/Bridgton Academy
Enrolled at UConn for spring 2011 semester...enjoyed standout high school career at Barnstable (Mass.) before spending a semester at Maine's Bridgton Academy...at Barnstable, team won Old Colony League title in 2009..an All-OCL pick as a senior and played in Eastern Massachusetts Shriners' All-Star Classic...earned high honor roll accolades at Bridgton.

Xavier Hemingway OT 6-4, 247 Powder Springs, Ga./McEachern
First Team All-State for Class AAAAA by the Georgia Sports Writers Association... named All-Area by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for Cobb County...team captain played in the Cobb County All-Star Senior Bowl...team went 11-2 in senior season...

Wilbert Lee SS 6-0, 202 Brooklyn, N.Y./Boys and Girls
Named to the New York Daily News All-City team as a senior...two-time New York Post All-City selection...rushed for 964 yards and 12 touchdowns in senior year...also had 75 tackles with two interceptions on defense...had an injury-shortened junior season , scored five touchdowns - three through the air, one rushing and another on special teams...also had 40 tackles with three interceptions and a sack with a fumble recovery.

Sean McQuillan TE 6-4, 242 Glastonbury, Conn. Avon Old Farms
Enrolled at UConn for spring 2011 semester...high school standout who was a two-year all-state and all-conference honoree...was team captain at Glastonbury...had career totals of 1,900 rushing yards with 1,400 passing yards and 43 touchdowns...team won 2008 Class LL state championship...prepped for a fall 2010 semester at Avon (Conn.) Old Farms

Paul Nwokeji OT 6-5, 256 Randolph, Mass./Thayer Academy
Team captain who was first team All-Independent School League....Boston Herald All-Scholastic Team member...earned All-New England and Lineman of the Year honors from the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council.

David Stevenson CB 5-8,171 Stone Mountain, Ga./Stephenson
First-team all-region pick...was MVP of Atlanta Combine...played in National Underclassmen Combine's All World Gridiron Classic in December...team went 9-2 in senior season.

Marquise Vann LB 6-0, 225 Cincinnati, Ohio/Fairfield Senior
Had 75 tackles and an interception as a senior...was a team captain...earned first team All-Greater Miami Conference...also picked up all-county honors and second team all-region.

Reaction Score
I agree Pal, also Staff really likes Wilbert Lee, it just all depends on what position (tb/S) he ends up at….

Reaction Score
Ill say that Vann pushes to start. I think a great get.

Reaction Score
I am really excited to see Vann. I loved his high school film, his play can best be described as violent. The fact he was mentioned by coaches, makes me think he has a bright future as a MLB.

We are in desperate need of a blocking TE/H Back, so I am hoping McQuillan can contribute.

Wilbert Lee's high school coach raved about him, a tremendous athlete. At the very least I think he will be a demon on special teams next year, while getting time in the secondary.

Reaction Score
Julian Campenni also has an opportunity now that the two top D Tackles are gone. He has a very compact, stout frame, looking to see if he added more weight. Can fit in well as a NT in 3-4 looks.

Reaction Score
Julian Campenni also has an opportunity now that the two top D Tackles are gone. He has a very compact, stout frame, looking to see if he added more weight. Can fit in well as a NT in 3-4 looks.

Seems to be last years version of Mikal Myers. Similar in build just a little lighter. I like him to contribute along with LB's Vann and Ashiru. Hoping to see what Lee can do as well.

Reaction Score
I believe these are their HS measurables. Curious to see who spent time in the weight room. I'd like to see one of the CB's break the two-deep, so we have a little expereince in 2013.

Reaction Score
I believe these are their HS measurables. Curious to see who spent time in the weight room. I'd like to see one of the CB's break the two-deep, so we have a little expereince in 2013.
No, these are their 2012 spring roster measurables,

Reaction Score
McQuillan @ H-Back will use his size speed in the passing game.

Vann on specials/LB

Reaction Score
That list seems nice.something tells me that 7,8, or more are going to be good players with a couple being studs. Something tells me McQuillan is going to be good seems to be very versatile and athletic also been hearing good things about vann, hemingway, lee among others. Got to be excited about 3 big OL in their as well thats pretty awesome. getting hemingway and ashiru late was huge. (UConn the best 3 star and under recruiters.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
IIRC, Adams looked really good in the film they showed during last year's signing day. Look forward to see if he can step in.

Reaction Score
It will depend, largely, on injuries. I don't think any of the RS frosh are being pencilled in to start at the moment.

Most likely to have an impact on specials or a chance if injuries occur: Lee, Ashiru, Vann and possibly McQuillan.

To be clear, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
If Shoemate gets injured again or isnt as successful at the power-running spot as Coach P would like, its a possibility we see Delorenzo. P raved about the kid last spring.

Reaction Score
No, these are their 2012 spring roster measurables,
Are you yanking the guy's chain Palantine? If those are these kids measurables then we're doing a not so good job with our current staff over a year's time with strength and conditioning...

Reaction Score
IIRC, Adams looked really good in the film they showed during last year's signing day. Look forward to see if he can step in.

I thought so too bro... He looks like a guy that can make a few plays on D...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom