Let’s get Travelers, Subway, BIC, etc to Step-up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let’s get Travelers, Subway, BIC, etc to Step-up

Reaction Score
I don’t get why these large multinational companies would support UConn athletics NIL? What would they get out of it? Memphis at least makes sense since FedEx holds the naming rights to their arena.
Probably the same reason my small business sponsors my local high school football team. It’s good for the community and fans come after the games and support my restaurant. It’s good all around for a community.

Reaction Score
Probably the same reason my small business sponsors my local high school football team. It’s good for the community and fans come after the games and support my restaurant. It’s good all around for a community.
Well that’s my point what are UConn fans going to do - cancel and change their health insurance or buy a F-16? I’d love to see one of the CEOs of these major companies tell their shareholders why giving Charli D’Amelio’s dad $5,000,000 to give to amateur athletes creates shareholder value.

Reaction Score
Well that’s my point what are UConn fans going to do - cancel and change their health insurance or buy a F-16? I’d love to see one of the CEOs of these major companies tell their shareholders why giving Charli D’Amelio’s dad $5,000,000 to give to amateur athletes creates shareholder value.
A company like Stanley that makes consumer goods makes more sense.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Ironically - the biggest and most influential brand name in Connecticut - is UCONN.

Reaction Score

LEGO Arena
PEZ Arena
Pepperidge Farms remembers when it was Gampel Pavilion Arena

I'm full of ideas.
Or something........

I agree though. Black and Decker could do a commercial about providing the tools that lead to the three peat, CIGNA could do one about caring for the players destroyed by UConn, etc....

Reaction Score
First of all…I would love to have a F-16. Secondly, I agree that it doesn’t work for all companies. It would have to be mutually beneficial to both parties for it to work.

Reaction Score
Stanley seems like a no-brainer. How do we get them to see it that way?
Stanley put up a nice innovation center in Hartford with taxpayer money. It is sitting there empty. They may have moved it out of state. I wouldn’t count on them

Reaction Score

D.Amelio's list of the top 10 corp. in CT

1. Cigna @Cigna
2. Charter @CharterNewsroom
3. The Hartford @TheHartford
4. Stanley @StanleyBlkDeckr
5. Synchrony @synchrony
6. Otis Worldwide @OtisElevatorCo
7. XPO Logistics @XPOLogistics
8. Booking Holdings @booking
9. Amphenol @amphenol
10. Emcor Group @EMCORgroupInc

Are any of these current sponsors of UConn Athletics? - see https://uconnhuskies.com/sports/2018/6/12/sponsorship.aspx (from 2018)

Looks like only Cigna & Travelers

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
F-16's have GE engines.
PW powers the F35 (F135), F22 (F119), F15 and some F16’s (both F100). Among a slew of other military planes. They make commercial engines too.

A lot of the business decisions made at that level are handled by RTX, which was based in Boston, but re-located to Washington DC. They still have corporate boxes at Fenway Park and TD Garden, but nothing in CT.

Reaction Score
I don’t get why these large multinational companies would support UConn athletics NIL? What would they get out of it? Memphis at least makes sense since FedEx holds the naming rights to their arena.
Or maybe if they wanted to donate to the university of Connecticut, it will be for scholarships for students of exceptional academic ability who don’t have the resources to pay for tuition and board without going into massive debt

Reaction Score
I think we need to target our top industry unfortunately, hedge funds and private equity firms in Fairfield County. A guy like Steve Cohen - $5MM is literally nothing. It is going to be harder for a large company to do this. I don't know how many UConn grads actually work in front-office jobs for HF and PE, but there are probably a few.

Reaction Score
D.Amelio's list of the top 10 corp. in CT

1. Cigna @Cigna
2. Charter @CharterNewsroom
3. The Hartford @TheHartford
4. Stanley @StanleyBlkDeckr
5. Synchrony @synchrony
6. Otis Worldwide @OtisElevatorCo
7. XPO Logistics @XPOLogistics
8. Booking Holdings @booking
9. Amphenol @amphenol
10. Emcor Group @EMCORgroupInc

Are any of these current sponsors of UConn Athletics? - see Sponsorship (from 2018)

Looks like only Cigna & Travelers
That top ten list isn’t what it use to be UTC, GE, Aetna etc - all swallowed up by acquisitions.
For companies with big presence / they should be included anyways CVS/Aetna, Lincoln, UHC, etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
What’s the Powerball up to these days? If I win the jackpot….
This was the first post that came up when I clicked on this thread. Was thinking the same thing as I was clicking it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom