Les Miles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Les Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
That 5 mio payout is pretty stiff. Things are going to get worse given our next 3 games on the schedule. Sad thing is no one on the existing staff impresses me at all, so Bobby will remain under contract through 12/31.

Others may say give him one more year, but if the offensive can't provide a 2016 college attack by the ECU game then I think all the cards are showing.
We should have never gotten rid of Weist.

Reaction Score
Sucks to be them. They're not coming here. Pretty sure they are a bit smarter than that.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Benedict, get on the phone.
Les Miles is a quality human. Great keader of young men. . Hat said, he refused to fire his buddy that was running a 1960s offense. Sound familiar? As an LSU fan, i have mixed emotions because Miles has run a tight ship, but going under LSU is now 4-7 over the last 11 games and haqs lost to Alabamaw 6 straight times and Arkansas 3 straight.

Reaction Score
Les Miles wouldn't take Benedict's call.

Les Miles sucks as a coach. He's only won a national championship at LSU, 2 SEC championships, 3 SEC West Championships (in a conference with 'Bama and Auburn) and leaves with the highest winning percentage in the history of LSU football. Why in the world would we want him as a coach.

Seriously, some of you make freedom of speech look like a bad idea.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Brian Kelly's name is all over this job then he can recruit all the criminals he wants without getting his peepee whacked

Reaction Score
ur lost, he won early with Saban players and their culture and has been awful on his own

Man I'm use to your basketball knowledge being horrendous, but football too?

Reaction Score
I will be hung for this, but I would take Edsall. If he could win 7 a year in the Big East, I don't see why he couldn't win 8-9 or more in the AAC.

Oh I was just joking that LSU would hire him.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Les Miles sucks as a coach. He's only won a national championship at LSU, 2 SEC championships, 3 SEC West Championships (in a conference with 'Bama and Auburn) and leaves with the highest winning percentage in the history of LSU football. Why in the world would we want him as a coach.

Sorry BL, he really hasn't done a lot with a great deal of talent. If you follow the SEC close you would know that his teams over the past five years or so have underperformed.

I am not saying he is a bad coach, but he isn't a great coach and he certainly isn't a good offensive coach. I know old schoolers have no problem with 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but this fan base needs something else right now.

Reaction Score
You're kidding right. Miles wins 9 games a year. UConn wins 6 games a year. Hmmm...
He should be winning 10-12 games a year with the talent he has on the roster...I guess you never saw the post game presser where he hemmed and hawed his way through a botched 2 minute drill. He was probably one of the worst in-game coaches in the SEC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

All true points and all backwards looking. (A snarky cynic would even throw in a comment about that's the same logic that brought us PPGDL. I wouldn't say it, but someone else may). It's been painfully obvious that Miles hasn't adapted to the Wild, Wild SEC West.

Like @Jax Husky I root for LSU thanks to having a bunch of Cajun transplants for friends. LSU really is a higher level of play version of UConn and Fiasco.

Reaction Score
They pull the trigger and move on. There are lessons to be learned for those desiring to be successful.
You continue to show football is not your strong suit

Reaction Score
Everyone does realize he was fired because he couldn't coach a team that moved the ball and scored points?

On a roster oozing with 5-star talent and NFL draft picks all over the field. And a Heisman caliber running back.

Not interested.

You are 100% correct. Based on his MO that's one of those pot calling the kettle black scenarios!

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Sorry BL, he really hasn't done a lot with a great deal of talent. If you follow the SEC close you would know that his teams over the past five years or so have underperformed.

I am not saying he is a bad coach, but he isn't a great coach and he certainly isn't a good offensive coach. I know old schoolers have no problem with 3 yards and a cloud of dust, but this fan base needs something else right now.

Yes, from the outside, Miles' tenure is fantastic, but it has been a total downward trend since 2012. USC and maybe Texas are going to go after Herman with a lot of money as well. LSU needed to get the negotiations going first.

He would be very good at Uconn, but with a $12million payout, he may just retire. He is a Bo Schembechler clone that could bring in talent, win 9 games a year, and keep his athletes out of the police reports and in good academic standing. He brought off the field standeards to LSU that will remain forever, I'd bet.

Reaction Score
You're kidding right. Miles wins 9 games a year. UConn wins 6 games a year. Hmmm...

Agreed but Miles has multiple 4 & 5 stars and his strategy for reasons stated in this thread is a defensive oriented with an offense lacking in explosive plays. He has been on the hot seat for the last several years. I like him and agree that he is an excellent football coach but he hasn't been producing to LSU standards.

Obviously Bob Diaco needs to produce quickly as well. I have been a big fan of his but right now the team is not passing the eye ball test!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom