Leicester City | The Boneyard

Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone on here follows or watches the Premier league, or even soccer for that matter, but I'm amazed at what this team is doing. It's so good for soccer, a team with a fraction of the wages teams like Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU, etc. Leading the league and doing it by beating the giants is great, I'm a Liverpool fan but i recognize that this is a really great part of sports.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
First half of the season my thoughts were they would come back to earth. But they are for real and it feels kind of like they have crested the hill and are going to keep rolling the back half. It's a little nutty to see. Reminds me of some of the hoops teams in the early days where you couldn't believe they were this good. But they were.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone on here follows or watches the Premier league, or even soccer for that matter, but I'm amazed at what this team is doing. It's so good for soccer, a team with a fraction of the wages teams like Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU, etc. Leading the league and doing it by beating the giants is great, I'm a Liverpool fan but i recognize that this is a really great part of sports.
yeah, my friends are pretty stoked about it and they aren't leicester fans

Reaction Score
The most talented teams don't seem to have a come from behind game because they are not used to it. They don't seem to know how to shift tactics. City was just pounding its head into the wall today as Leicester packed 10 men into defense after going up, and City was trying to dribble through it. It's crazy that the most talented teams don't seem to know how to come from behind.

Reaction Score
As a pretty big City fan this one hurt especially at home. But, I can't help myself from being ok with tiny Leicester beating all the giants. They're for real but I'm still not 100% sold they'll win the league. If they get a similar result next week at the Emirates, then it may be time to put their names on the trophy.

Reaction Score
The most talented teams don't seem to have a come from behind game because they are not used to it. They don't seem to know how to shift tactics. City was just pounding its head into the wall today as Leicester packed 10 men into defense after going up, and City was trying to dribble through it. It's crazy that the most talented teams don't seem to know how to come from behind.

That's just how City plays under Pellegrini. The idea is that if you hold on to it long enough and just pin the other team deep in their own half, guys like Silva, Nasri, and De Bruyne will eventually make a killer pass and Aguero will finish it. And they are able to come back using that strategy a fair amount(see Monchengladbach in the CL in December), but I'd like to see more counter attacking as a City fan.

Reaction Score
My brother's favorite team. He even went to a game when they weren't even in the premier league. He is really happy and is a poster on here. He is in Asia with his wife so I wonder if he will chime in soon. Well I'm a Liverpool fan. I also like Chelsea a little bit so a bad year for my teams.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its early in the year but it has been an impressive showing so far.
Its typical for the better players on the EPL rosters to be "resting" any little bumps and bruises.
In the past 3 yrs or so you are beginning to see some 2nd tier and once relegated teams gain strength as they search for players from non traditional EPL pulls.
I agree with a poster here - Mahrez is playing at or near with the top talent.
The season is long but its always great to see some surprises
I'm a huge ManU fan since the 60's but the corporation (I know, weird to say) has made some stupid and unusual moves/decisions.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
My brother's favorite team. He even went to a game when they weren't even in the premier league. He is really happy and is a poster on here. He is in Asia with his wife so I wonder if he will chime in soon. Well I'm a Liverpool fan. I also like Chelsea a little bit so a bad year for my teams.
I am a Liverpool fan as well - today was not a good day with the fan walkout and the coughing up a 2 goal lead in 10 minutes to Sunderland

Reaction Score
Yeah, this board is reserved for Best Pizza, Which Car Should I Buy, and Football. Oh, wait...
Don't forget condiments and architecture.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Good for Leicester. It's just an example of the increasing level of parity in the PL. But boy are they a well-managed team. Ranieri's system is incredible for the personnel they have and the competition they face in that league. They play with so much defensive organization and so tight centrally that forces teams out wide. It seems like they are the first to every ball and the counter is deadly with Mahrez and Vardy. I wasn't convinced they were capable of a title until today. W @ City. Wow.
It will hurt as an Arsenal fan if Arse finish above City and behind Leicester. This is Arse's best chance at a title in probably a decade.

Reaction Score
Gutted about Leicester's loss today. Up 1-0 to Arsenal and than the damn Red Card. Then giving up the losing goal on the last free kick. Still as a Leicester fan happy to still be on top of the league with a chance to win it all!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
its tough to play 1 man down against the Gunners - too much offensive pressure
Really stupid infraction in stoppage time
I am impressed with the Leicester's defensive shape and how they hold their line
They have become a formidable team in the short time that my Red Devils have become so ordinary
At least it looks like City my lose - Go Spurs!!!!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ok the Spurs just won
Wow what an EPL this year
Love it - and I'm a Man U fan for over 50 yrs

Reaction Score
Ok the Spurs just won
Wow what an EPL this year
Love it - and I'm a Man U fan for over 50 yrs
Yeah, i just watched that Spurs game. So glad we got rid of Sterling, Liverpool fan, as he wasn't worth the money he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom