Leave nothing on the field | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Leave nothing on the field

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You guys crack me up with this stuff.

Diaco isn't capable of lying! Diaco was a complicit party to the Manti Te'o farce.

Notre Dame coaches were told on December 26th. The game was played January 7th. The news of the 'hoax' broke on January 13th.

I'd say he's pretty comfortable with lying.

Whaler, obviously you are not as cautious as Bob Diaco.

Libel is the use of false, defamatory claims about someone in written or printed form.

You can never be too careful.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler, obviously you are not as cautious as Bob Diaco.

Libel is the use of false, defamatory claims about someone in written or printed form.

You can never be too careful.

Do I need to be careful when Notre Dame published a statement saying Te'o told Diaco on December 26th?

The other two are facts easily found via google.

If one were so inclined they could watch video of Diaco at an hour long press conference with Te'o after Diaco was notified and Te'o fields questions on the topic.

So I'm going to hold off on retaining a lawyer, but that was some solid advice from a guy with his finger on the pulse.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
HIPPA must not apply to like Florida ST and the Alabamas of the world.

IF Boyle did have surgery that makes the coaching decisions even more questionable.

All irrelevant after Golson and Grayson come in to battle it out vs Bryant.

Reaction Score
Whaler
These Xavier guys are convinced that Boyle is the savior of the program and 20 years from now they will still think that. So the fact that he's a 1aa quarterback must be the result of injury. Can't be that he is a 1aa talent. Just accept it and move on. There is always going to be an excuse as to why they brought in a Juco backup, why he has consistently been beaten out for the job, why he flamed out twice when it was handed to him...Fwiw HIPA applies to medical personnel. It's the student privacy stuff that keeps coaches from talking although those can and often are waived. Once a player says he's injured all bets are off, too

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Boyle has even said he's had off season surgery to sure up a couple injuries. There was definitely an injury/ailment. And the coaching staff certainly does not have to disclose exactly what the issue was.
LOL, yup, which is why I was asking Whaler if that was a coaching lie. I saw it reported that there was surgery... unless Whaler was right, and we were lied to about the surgery as well...

Ah, love this place...

Reaction Score
You are either hurt and can't play or you can play. If Boyle was hurt last year He shouldn't have played. It was completely unneccesary. If he was ineffective because he was injured Whitmer should have taken the snaps.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL, yup, which is why I was asking Whaler if that was a coaching lie. I saw it reported that there was surgery... unless Whaler was right, and we were lied to about the surgery as well...

Ah, love this place...

Well if you remember or go read the quotes Diaco quite clearly said he WASN'T injured. So having surgery with no injury is strange.

Diaco was party to a charade on the sport's biggest platform at one of the sport's biggest schools. You'll note that Te'o and Notre Dame actually never came clean - Deadspin broke the story.

If you look at what happened with Boyle you have two choices:

1. Diaco lied about injuries
2. Diaco has no idea what the hell he is doing.

You love this place? I love that some of our best and brightest think they are defending Diaco by arguing he didn't lie.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'd say he's pretty comfortable with lying.

But the lies don't bother me as much as the truth. Diaco said that he needed two weeks off after playing Army. Army!

Reaction Score
freescooter said:
You are either hurt and can't play or you can play. If Boyle was hurt last year He shouldn't have played. It was completely unneccesary. If he was ineffective because he was injured Whitmer should have taken the snaps.

Exactly.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Well if you remember or go read the quotes Diaco quite clearly said he WASN'T injured. So having surgery with no injury is strange.

Diaco was party to a charade on the sport's biggest platform at one of the sport's biggest schools. You'll note that Te'o and Notre Dame actually never came clean - Deadspin broke the story.

If you look at what happened with Boyle you have two choices:

1. Diaco lied about injuries
2. Diaco has no idea what the hell he is doing.

You love this place? I love that some of our best and brightest think they are defending Diaco by arguing he didn't lie.

Keep deferring to the catfishing... yep, one argument starts failing, drag down anything you can find to push your agenda.

I hate to break it to you, but everybody lies. Sometimes calculated misdirection is a strategy. Sometimes it's important to do so, sometimes it's just to keep appearances, sometimes it's coach speak.

You don't like Diaco. Fine. I think most of the board knows that. Some agree with you, some don't and some are not sure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Since Carl's next move is to deflect inconvienient conversation with nonsensical claptrap and bible quotes - here is a video for Bob and Carl.

Remember it's not a lie if you believe it:

Hang in their Carl, one of these days you'll connect some dots. I won't bother with a cat poster I'm sure you've got plenty.

Reaction Score
I like Diaco. But I can't defend in any way how he used Boyle or how he talked about him all year. It was really strange. I'm sure he realizes he didn't handle it right either.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Keep deferring to the catfishing... yep, one argument starts failing, drag down anything you can find to push your agenda.

I hate to break it to you, but everybody lies. Sometimes calculated misdirection is a strategy. Sometimes it's important to do so, sometimes it's just to keep appearances, sometimes it's coach speak.

You don't like Diaco. Fine. I think most of the board knows that. Some agree with you, some don't and some are not sure.

LOL - I'm was being told he couldn't possibly lie - after he was a party to a three week lie in front of the entire country.

Now I'm being told of course he lies everybody lies. Which is what I said 20 posts ago before others tried to pretend he told the truth about Boyle.

Again not sure how a Diaco supporter can't see that claiming he told the truth makes him look like a terrible football coach but logic is clearly out the window with respect to some around here.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
LOL - I'm was being told he couldn't possibly lie - after he was a party to a three week lie in front of the entire country.

Now I'm being told of course he lies everybody lies. Which is what I said 20 posts ago before others tried to pretend he told the truth about Boyle.

Again not sure how a Diaco supporter can't see that claiming he told the truth makes him look like a terrible football coach but logic is clearly out the window with respect to some around here.
And you call him a terrible football coach. Because you dislike him, you focus on lying, perceived or actual.

I haven't judged him on his coaching ability yet. I see a motivator who had a poor first season with a rebuilding team, as many coaches do. Some of those coaches went on to be successful football coaches, some developers of men, and some both. Some never succeeded. I support Diaco because I support my school and team and the guys who are trying on the field there.

I'll judge his head coaching this year by how he handles and whether he improves from last year. He made several head scratching decisions in the course of the year. I'll judge his head coaching career after he's done it for more than a year. Doesn't mean I don't support him or will give up hope on my team, but I am not going to p1ss into the wind because of a slow head coaching career start.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And you call him a terrible football coach. Because you dislike him, you focus on lying, perceived or actual.

I haven't judged him on his coaching ability yet. I see a motivator who had a poor first season with a rebuilding team, as many coaches do. Some of those coaches went on to be successful football coaches, some developers of men, and some both. Some never succeeded. I support Diaco because I support my school and team and the guys who are trying on the field there.

I'll judge his head coaching this year by how he handles and whether he improves from last year. He made several head scratching decisions in the course of the year. I'll judge his head coaching career after he's done it for more than a year. Doesn't mean I don't support him or will give up hope on my team, but I am not going to p1ss into the wind because of a slow head coaching career start.

I actually said it makes him look like a terrible football coach if he was telling the truth - which obviously I don't believe.

I don't have an opinion if he's a good head coach or not yet. I am of the opinion he didn't do a good job in 2014 - but if he learns from it all will be forgotten.

I do believe he is completely full of at times and I think the way he plays games with the media is a mistake.

I actually don't have any real problem with Diaco- it's nonsensical posts that I take issue with. I agree with him that he took over a complete mess and don't have unrealistic expectations on what constitutes a good 2015.

Reaction Score
I actually said it makes him look like a terrible football coach if he was telling the truth - which obviously I don't believe.

I don't have an opinion if he's a good head coach or not yet. I am of the opinion he didn't do a good job in 2014 - but if he learns from it all will be forgotten.

I do believe he is completely full of at times and I think the way he plays games with the media is a mistake.

I actually don't have any real problem with Diaco- it's nonsensical posts that I take issue with. I agree with him that he took over a complete mess and don't have unrealistic expectations on what constitutes a good 2015.

Your post's are starting to get tired. Here is what I think of your latest post.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Post starting to get tired. Here is what I think of your latest post.

You'd mistakingly think that because you can't comprehend that one can be critical of decisions and actions while still understanding someone has potential.

You'd also potentially comprehend that because someone disagrees with your breathless fawning doesn't mean one believes the subject has no good qualities.

But you think it's libelous to point out what has been disclosed as fact because it doesn't fit your hagiography of the coach.

Reaction Score
You'd mistakingly think that because you can't comprehend that one can be critical of decisions and actions while still understanding someone has potential.

You'd also potentially comprehend that because someone disagrees with your breathless fawning doesn't mean one believes the subject has no good qualities.
Try this, it may help:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Ah, love this place...
Not saying he didn't have surgery but I tried to be a google monkey and couldn't find it...and even more reason for him not to play.

Reaction Score
I think we can all agree that Diaco handled the whole QB situation about as poorly as possible. Whatever you want to believe, fine. But the lesser of 2 evils is that Diaco was lying. Because if he was telling the truth about Boyle being injured, he'd be incompetent at best and negligent at worst.

I hope to God he was lying. (which isn't a big deal to me)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Do I need to be careful when Notre Dame published a statement saying Te'o told Diaco on December 26th?

The other two are facts easily found via google.

If one were so inclined they could watch video of Diaco at an hour long press conference with Te'o after Diaco was notified and Te'o fields questions on the topic.

So I'm going to hold off on retaining a lawyer, but that was some solid advice from a guy with his finger on the pulse.

With all due respect Whaler (and you know I do), if I were DC of the #2 college team in the country, and I found out that my start middle linebacker was embarrassed beyond the limits of the typical human condition, and I found out less than 14 days before the biggest game of my (or anyone else's) career up to that point, you better believe I'm keep that close to my vest until at least after the game. I don't call that lying, I call that minimizing distraction. Imagine the media circus if the catfish came out of the bag before the game?

Reaction Score
Right, when the other side gets personal you know you won.

Darn it! I should have quit when I was ahead! I'll know better next time. Thanks! whew!

"If you'd like a good laugh... if you follow CCarl's link he excuses Boyle's play because of a lower leg injury.

That's right folks: Tim Boyle didn't play well because he was hampered by a lower leg injury".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom