League Championship Promotion race | Page 2 | The Boneyard

League Championship Promotion race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, Derby stumbled down the stretch and ultimately finished outside the top 6.
Watford and Bournemouth are going up, and the 4 team play-in semi-final will be:
Norwich v Ipswich
Middlesborough v Brentford

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Would like to see a new face so pulling for anyone but Norwich.

Hope QPR have a Wiganesque free fall next season when they're relegated this season. Tired of their crappy play

Reaction Score
Would like to see a new face so pulling for anyone but Norwich.

Hope QPR have a Wiganesque free fall next season when they're relegated this season. Tired of their crappy play
Agreed on both comments. I like saying "Ipswich" (probably b/c it sound like chipwich....and I like Chipwich's), so I'm pulling for them.... which means they're doomed.
image.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'll pull for Ipswich or Brentford. Somebody different.

Reaction Score
Middlesborou beats Brentford 2-1 w/ a 90th minute winner. Tough result at home in first leg for Brentford. Ipswich v Norwich tomorrow morning.

Reaction Score
With a shot a second place, the Gunners take Swansea a little too lightly and let one get by them just like earlier int he season. Darn it! While it went against Arsenal, the goal line tech worked as advertised, which is good. Any chance FIFA is watching? Now, take care of Man U to assure themselves of at least 3rd place and a slot in next year's Champions Cup.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
With a shot a second place, the Gunners take Swansea a little too lightly and let one get by them just like earlier int he season. Darn it! While it went against Arsenal, the goal line tech worked as advertised, which is good. Any chance FIFA is watching? Now, take care of Man U to assure themselves of at least 3rd place and a slot in next year's Champions Cup.
Fabianski never played like that for Arsenal. Just couldn't score. Plenty of chances. Still have 2 points and a game in hand, plus playing ManU. Still in our hands, just have to do it.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Fabianski has been unreal for us this season. I hope we hold on to him. I know there has been some talk of a larger club swooping in and taking him. Was shocked that Swansea won. They are within striking distance of somehow finishing 6th if Spurs and Southampton continue to falter. Yet we have to play Man City next and they are on a mission to finish 2nd.

Reaction Score
Middlesborough v Norwich City at Wembley next Monday, May 25th.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
On a related Promotion note...Bristol Rovers earned their way back into the Soccer League system by beating Grimsby Town on PKs. Got relegated to Conference Premier last season and got back up to League 2 through the promotion playoffs. Both teams scored within the first 30' of so and then nothing. (Only reason I followed this was because I randomly chose Bristol Rovers to play as in Fifa 12 so I've kept tabs on them in real life.) Gotta be tough getting relegated out of League 2. You go from professional teams to a club team atmosphere. It's one thing to get relegated from the Prem it's gotta be a whole different beast when you're relegated from League 2 into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom