Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey watched Cox score 24 on Tuesday (2/10). Louisville had a rep there as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
South Carolina was also represented at Lauren's game last night (1/10).

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
A local radio Louisville talk show indicated she will be visiting Louisville on Sunday, February 8 vs. Pitt.

This previous post of mine was misinformed. Cox is visiting Louisville this weekend, against UNC. Also visiting is Tori McCoy and Kylee Shook (Colorado kid).

Cox's team last night was playing Chou's team. An opportunity for those coaches present to watch them both.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Kim Mulkey watched Cox score 24 on Tuesday (2/10). Louisville had a rep there as well.

Cox had 10 boards and 8 blocks as well.

More importantly, UConn was also represented at her game along with UCLA and Notre Dame.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This previous post of mine was misinformed. Cox is visiting Louisville this weekend, against UNC. Also visiting is Tori McCoy and Kylee Shook (Colorado kid).

Cox's team last night was playing Chou's team. An opportunity for those coaches present to watch them both.

Inquiring minds – scratch that I want to know.
Am I the only one that is nervous about this - Cox, McCoy & Shook visiting Louisville on the same weekend –this late in season?
I know COX had visited Baylor several times according to her father, but has she visited any other school not within “convenience range" of her home?
McCoy is hurt but was thought to be a UCONN lean, has that changed?

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Cox has visited Notre Dame, surely not a convenience trip. I believe she was there when you all played ND.
Truthfully, I had heard that McCoy was pretty high on ND. I'm sure excited about the visitors, but not getting any hopes up, at all. Way too soon.

Reaction Score
Sometimes a late response regarding UConn means that the staff is not really hot to acquire that person. A'ja was brushed off by Geno at the news conference, why, When she could have asked the same question of her own coach and respected the rules of the interview that limited the discussion to reporters only? Geno's response was awesome and seemed to indicate some level of relationship to the rudeness of the interuption. Sometimes there is a lot more to a late commit that meets the eye.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sometimes a late response regarding UConn means that the staff is not really hot to acquire that person.

Is this comment about a certain player? If it's about Cox, UConn has been on her for quite a while. They had someone watching her last night and Geno saw her a few weeks ago. Geno and Moseley watched her last April during the Nike EYBL.

Reaction Score
Is this comment about a certain player? If it's about Cox, UConn has been on her for quite a while. They had someone watching her last night and Geno saw her a few weeks ago. Geno and Moseley watched her last April during the Nike EYBL.
Wilson

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Wilson

I don't think so. Wilson seemed to be an example, not the subject of watanabe's point. Wouldn't make any sense to bring up a discussion about Wilson in this thread unless it was to correlate her with someone else.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cox has visited Notre Dame, surely not a convenience trip. I believe she was there when you all played ND.
Truthfully, I had heard that McCoy was pretty high on ND. I'm sure excited about the visitors, but not getting any hopes up, at all. Way too soon.
Thanks Jenny,
I forgot that Cox was at UCONN vs. ND game. You used the dreaded "you all" in your response so I taking that to mean you are not a UCONN fan. If not, what is your allegiance? McCoy being a ND lean is news and interesting. There was a pretty extensive interview with her and her father-after her Freshmen ( maybe Sophmore) year where McCoy's father pretty much said : "an offer UCONN would be the ultimate sign of accomplishment for his daughter" he went on to imply that is what they are untimately working for and sounded like that would be hard to turn down. I think that is where the UCONN lean came from. I'll try and find the interview and link it here.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks Jenny,
I forgot that Cox was at UCONN vs. ND game. You used the dreaded "you all" in your response so I taking that to mean you are not a UCONN fan. If not, what is your allegiance? McCoy being a ND lean is news and interesting. There was a pretty extensive interview with her and her father-after her Freshmen ( maybe Sophmore) year where McCoy's father pretty much said : "an offer UCONN would be the ultimate sign of accomplishment for his daughter" he went on to imply that is what they are untimately working for and sounded like that would be hard to turn down. I think that is where the UCONN lean came from. I'll try and find the interview and link it here.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/sto...ayer-of-the-year/31912/tKKuopg5p0eT0SUCchFKoA
I found the video. Noteworthy for a couple of reasons. 1 ) I was somewhat close on father’s quote which can be heard starting with 29 seconds remaining.
2) She specifically mentions 2 schools as places she has visited Illinois and Kentucky. Not clear which she is referring to but she said she like their style of play. Illinois is her “HOME school” and will definitely make her top 5- Another Wilson situation? My overall impression is still the same-if Geno offered they would find it hard to say no.

Does anyone know if UCONN has officially offered McCoy?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Flower Mound won its opening playoff game Tuesday (2/17). Lauren Cox scored 31 points.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Thanks Jenny,

sorry for the delayed response. we have been hit with a winter storm (I know, I know, does not compare to the NE) however, you all are more prepared for your storm than we are for a foot of it.
That being said, Cocohusky, I am a Louisvillian, and kindy nutty for my Cardinals.
I follow a lot of wbb, and watch a lot of games, hence popping up on message boards across the net.

I know nothing about McCoy's interest in different schools, other than a very reliable source that often gives me intel said she was high on ND. I took that to mean a ND lean. It is early, she is obviously still looking at schools.

It was a big recruiting game for us, and our fans did a fabulous job of showcasing the atmosphere our women's program has become accustomed to. the game itself left things to be desired, but we got the win, and the recruits there had to love the atmosphere it was a very, very loud crowd. Aside from the 2015's mentioned, Megan Walker was there and signees Ta'ja Cole and Asia Durr.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
sorry for the delayed response. we have been hit with a winter storm (I know, I know, does not compare to the NE) however, you all are more prepared for your storm than we are for a foot of it.
That being said, Cocohusky, I am a Louisvillian, and kindy nutty for my Cardinals.
I follow a lot of wbb, and watch a lot of games, hence popping up on message boards across the net.

I know nothing about McCoy's interest in different schools, other than a very reliable source that often gives me intel said she was high on ND. I took that to mean a ND lean. It is early, she is obviously still looking at schools.

It was a big recruiting game for us, and our fans did a fabulous job of showcasing the atmosphere our women's program has become accustomed to. the game itself left things to be desired, but we got the win, and the recruits there had to love the atmosphere it was a very, very loud crowd. Aside from the 2015's mentioned, Megan Walker was there and signees Ta'ja Cole and Asia Durr.

Jenny, thanks for the response. Hopefully the worst of the storm and its after effects have passed. I am Husky crazy, WCBB nutty, and Maya Moore certified obsessive. I think you are really going to enjoy Cole and Durr. Especially Durr. I think if you get her a few bigs to work with the Cardinals will be in the mix for NC. Megan Walker is supposed to be the next "it" player so where she signs will be very interesting as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox had 26 points, 21 rebounds, and 10 blocks Friday (2/20) to help Flower Mound squeeze by Natalie Chou's Plano West in OT and move into the 3rd round of the playoffs.

But Cox was even better as she piled up a triple-double with 26 points, 21 rebounds and 10 blocks. She stole passes into the post, led fast breaks and found ways to score despite being sandwiched by two defenders every time she got near the basket.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/hi...wer-mound-girls-to-ot-win-over-sl-carroll.ece

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Correction to the post directly above:

Cox' Flower Mound beat a different team, not Chou's Plano West.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Flower Mound won its regional semi today (2/28) to advance to tomorrow's final.

Lauren Cox had 31 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks; even hit a three

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lauren Cox led Flower Mound back from a double-digit halftime deficit to beat Natalie Chou and Plano on Wednesday. FM advances to its regional semis.

Cox: 30 points, 16 rebounds, 7 blocks

http://starlocalmedia.com/planocour...cle_4b109bb0-bd6e-11e4-8b98-5b5e9af0e27a.html

Natalie Chou plays for Plano West, not Plano which is the team Flower Mound defeated on Wed night. Plano West is playing now for the right to meet Flower Mound tomorrow in the district finals. Plano West has defeated Flower Mound twice this season.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Natalie Chou plays for Plano West, not Plano which is the team Flower Mound defeated on Wed night. Plano West is playing now for the right to meet Flower Mound tomorrow in the district finals. Plano West has defeated Flower Mound twice this season.

I know. Every time Flower Mound plays the one local paper puts up a photo of Cox and Chou in a game and I always assume those teams played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom