Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lauren Cox: game results, recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she had worn a UCONN shirt to an ND home game particularly this one - can you imaging the message board & twitter buzz right now?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wish that meant something other than she got a free ticket.
I hope not or someone has some 'splaining to do! (No freebees for recruits - they can buy 'house seats' but on un-officials nothing is free.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If the game had been at Gampel she'd have worn a UConn shirt. Not a big deal.

That said, my wish list for her school choice goes something like:

1) UConn

2-16) Anyone but Notre Dame

17) Notre Dame

Reaction Score
You know the message board talk that Lauren — a 6-foot-4 forward/center from Flower Mound, Texas — is a lock to pick Baylor? Or that there’s no way she’ll leave Texas?

“Baylor is an hour-and-a-half away and it’s a drive,” Dennis Cox said Wednesday. “Yeah, we’ve been to football games there. We’ve visited some schools that we can drive to. Don’t read anything to it. I don’t think (distance) is a priority for her. Lauren keeps pretty much to herself so I don’t know if she’s going to go near or far, east or west, north or south, or hot or cold.”

Right now, recruiting is on the back burner as Lauren Cox tries to lead the Flower Mound High volleyball team to a district title. The Lady Jags share first place with two matches to play before they head into the state playoffs.

But even with volleyball the recruiting process is moving slowly because, simply, she is no rush. Her college list remains lengthy at 20 schools.

“We talked late in the summer about trying to get some kind of list out of her,” Dennis Cox said. “We started out at 29 schools and 19 came to see her at her high school. We knew everyone could not make it and that was fine. We did no home visits.”

Dennis Cox did not divulge the list but did note, “There are a couple odd teams there but I think everyone can figure out most of who’s on it.”

UConn is one of the 20.

http://snyuconn.com/uconn/cox-taking-her-time-in-recruiting-process/
I believe Baylor just signed 2 post players including Brown from LA. They seem to have a depth up front. Uconn will not have anyone her size ahead of her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I believe Baylor just signed 2 post players including Brown from LA. They seem to have a depth up front. Uconn will not have anyone her size ahead of her.

You forgot Butler who will have two years remaining when Cox becomes a freshmen. Not sure what UConn would do with that, but you have to go all out for a talent like Cox.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Cox returned from her visit to Notre Dame to post 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks in three quarters of play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
My money is on Texas. I think the commitments from Brown and Mompremier closed the door on Cox going to Baylor. And Mompremier better bring it if she wants to beat Dekeiya Cohen out at the 4 position. That girl is going to be a terror next season and will be hard to keep off the floor.

Reaction Score
$5,000 of that has to go back to UT for books, fees, etc. But still, a $5000 check is like glue. Sooner or later NCAA will have to regulate that across all universities that so the NCAA has really done NOTHING constructive by allowing it. Somebody just SHOOT the NCAA rules committee. Or let some junior high team somewhere come up with some regulations. Good grief . . . . What will Alabama now offer? $20,000?

They already do. It's just in the "other' set of books.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lauren had 18 points, 14 rebounds, and 7 blocks in her last game. South Carolina was on hand to watch.

Reaction Score
You forgot Butler who will have two years remaining when Cox becomes a freshmen. Not sure what UConn would do with that, but you have to go all out for a talent like Cox.

Geno was able to play both Wolters and Lobo together so I don't think managing Cox and Butler would be a problem.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I'm reading in to coaches tweets, but it looks like Lauren will be visiting Louisville in the near future. It was a tweet by Coach Sam Purcell favorited by both Lauren and her dad. The tweet was something about a big visitor, co-mvp with a USA flag.

Reaction Score

No reason they can't be on the court at the same time. You'll recall a number of times during the tournament last year the line up was 6'5" Dolson, 6'4" Stewart, 6'3" Stokes. 6'5' Bulter, 6'4" Cox, 6'3" Samuelson anyone?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Are either of these athletes likely to commit to UConn? Opinions, please.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I don't think either is likely to commit to UConn. I have a feeling that they will both stay in Texas.
Agree. They both have not narrowed their lists and Uconn remains one of many possibilities. Unless they decide to make a Uconn visit before spring (indicating they have a high interest in Uconn), I would expect them to go elsewhere.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Unless they decide to make a Uconn visit before spring (indicating they have a high interest in Uconn), I would expect them to go elsewhere.

Her father had wanted to find a date in which she could come to Connecticut but I can't remember if that was for a visit or to watch a game. I still haven't given up hope.

Reaction Score
No way Cox sits two years, I don't care who is on the roster of the team she ends up on.

Lauren is certainly not going to start over Morgan and Natalie, which is why I mentioned the big lineup. That's the only way she starts. She has to be the 5 or the 4. She's not athletic enough to play the 3, Morgan is. If Gabby Williams continues to progress, Natalie, Morgan, Gabby, Kia and Katie Lou could be the starting lineup, leaving Lauren to come off the bench. Geno likes diversity. He doesn't want too many of the same type of players on the court or on the bench. Seems to have worked pretty well so far.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lauren is certainly not going to start over Morgan and Natalie, which is why I mentioned the big lineup. That's the only way she starts. She has to be the 5 or the 4. She's not athletic enough to play the 3, Morgan is. If Gabby Williams continues to progress, Natalie, Morgan, Gabby, Kia and Katie Lou could be the starting lineup, leaving Lauren to come off the bench. Geno likes diversity. He doesn't want too many of the same type of players on the court or on the bench. Seems to have worked pretty well so far.

Tuck would only be teammates with Cox for one year. I suppose Cox could come off the bench as a freshmen, but you don't recruit a talent like her to come off the bench more than one year. As I've said elsewhere, I don't know how they'd work it out, but Cox is going to play big minutes wherever she goes.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I really thing that Holmes is going to end up as the top recruit before it is all said and done. Her athleticism is crazy and she seems to have very high energy. If I had my pick, I would go with Holmes. I either were to pick Baylor I think Holmes would be a better fit.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Are either of these athletes likely to commit to UConn? Opinions, please.

I think Cox will end up at Texas. I have no feeling about Holmes will end up but I think she will be more likely to go out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom