Late Return from the Sun vs. Mystics | The Boneyard

Late Return from the Sun vs. Mystics

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Kelsey Bone, Alyssa Thomas, Alex Bentley...
Kelsey had a really good game. This is way closer to the Kelsey that could and should be out there every night. She was finishing (!) and running hard on the break. Too many fouls and turnovers but she was positively engaged in the game all the way through and her line shows it. The Sun are so much better when Kelsey has the positive vibe going and is finishing under the basket.

Alyssa does what Alyssa do... AGRESSIVE to the hoop at all times on O and fights hard for the ball underneath in the rebounding action. She may become an All Star as she plays now, but if she could ever develop a legit outside threat... super star. On the last play of the game she went down hard and was in considerable pain in the right hip area... I sure hope she's OK.

Alex.... "no, no, NOOOOO!... good shot". She shot 80% from 3 today and about 42% overall. She made some really tough shots. 17 points total but only managed 2 free throw makes in the second half when the team really needed all hands on deck. Too many times she dribbles away precious time looking for a way to create on her own, it seems. When this happens. there is no offense. The ball needs to move crisply and get the D in motion and all that dribbling eliminates that completely. This is a talented and exiting player to watch but I think she needs to work on the mental side of the game to really be a top guard in this league.

For Triad... Jasmine couldn't throw the ball in the ocean but otherwise is a steady veteran presence directing the offense (or trying to) and on D. Chelsea shows flashes of what she could become... here's hoping. Same with Elizabeth (BTW does she go by any nickname? I mean 4 syllables... c'mon "Liz" give us a break!), gotta say she really looked lost a few times but hey, its game 1.

Camille Little did not shoot well tonight... I still have painful memories of her torching the Sun for about a million points one night... she owes us some of that now that she's here. She was very vocal on the court and on the bench... seemingly in a positive way so good on her for that. Veteran leadership is something the Sun need badly.

An entertaining game that the Sun would probably have won handily if they had Chiney and Allie (and Kelsey G) available. Off to Atlanta next... they'll be in a good mood after losing the opener to NY. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom