Last Year's Balance vs This Year's... | The Boneyard

Last Year's Balance vs This Year's...

Reaction Score
One thing that has made me hit my head against the wall (that is for you Coco) all year is when people talk about this year and saying they need scoring from all over because its not like last year... I wondered about this from game 1, not just saying it now after the success they have shown.

I am seriously confused. I thought the mantra last year was "The Big Three," plus Lou was lighting things up in the 2nd half of the season. The year before they had KML. I understand Stewie is an all-time great, but she had one of the best point guards in history (arguably) picked #2 in the draft. She also had one of the best post defenders and scores in Tuck who was drafted #3. It was never a one woman show like Plum or Kelsey.

Has anyone thought this was odd? What am I missing. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I think it was Geno who said he wanted to see others score and not just rely on the Core 4. I think he even used the Core 4 term when he brought up that he wasn't to see more scoring from the others.

My guess is Gneo ahs said in the past he had all-americans he could get the ball to when he needs baskets. I thought I heard in some of his "All Access shows" he said he's not sure if he has scorers in big games he can rely on. SO he may be concerned if a game a player ro two goes cold, he wants others than the core 4 to step up.

Possibly because in the 1st two games - he firsthand experienced that he needed Saniya in one game to come up incredibly huge and Danger had to come incredibly huge in the other.

In the All Access show they showed during a timeout in the Baylor game Geno ripping into Collier for not taking an open shot highlighting that she was all-world vs FSU and now because she got a shot blocked he was riding her because she was scared to shoot. He also said how he felt the team was young so maybe he is expecting - as we saw vs SMU-- some games the stars don't shoot well and he doesn't want all the other players to rest on their laurels.

I thought he was asked in the latest game during the presser about how his team comes out like gangbusters and then droughts a bit. He did mention openly mention to paraphrase "well I put in the bench." I believe that gnaws at him that he has to admit it. I think it ganws at him because he doesn't 100% trust his star players though he trusts them a lot. But not as much as a prime Stewie Maya or Tina etc. Then it comes full circle. look at the 1st two games. . . then watch the all access after he has to tell Collier to shoot the ball despite prior game she was awesome.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be interesting hypothetically if this year's team was matched against last year's team? Last year would still win, but there are some interesting matchups possible.

Stewie vs. Pheese (or Gabby?)
Tuck vs. Gabby (or Pheese?)
KML vs. KLS
Nurse vs. Nurse
MoJef vs. Saniya

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be interesting hypothetically if this year's team was matched against last year's team? Last year would still win, but there are some interesting matchups possible.

KML vs. KLS
Nurse vs. Nurse
MoJef vs. Saniya

I think Nurse this year would beat Nurse last year.
The others are much harder to compare.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One thing that has made me hit my head against the wall (that is for you Coco) all year is when people talk about this year and saying they need scoring from all over because its not like last year... I wondered about this from game 1, not just saying it now after the success they have shown.

I am seriously confused. I thought the mantra last year was "The Big Three," plus Lou was lighting things up in the 2nd half of the season. The year before they had KML. I understand Stewie is an all-time great, but she had one of the best point guards in history (arguably) picked #2 in the draft. She also had one of the best post defenders and scores in Tuck who was drafted #3. It was never a one woman show like Plum or Kelsey.
Has anyone thought this was odd? What am I missing. Thanks.
Don't stop hitting your head against the wall on my account. Head bang. :D I don't know who they are and why they would say that. This years team in not that different from the UCONN's teams of Stewie era in two very important ways. 1) Offensively every player in the starting lineup is capable of taking and making any shot from any position on the floor. Every player was capable of making any pass to an open teammate for an easier bucket. It was not always that way because people used to sag off Moriah and give her the three up until Christmas of her Sophomore year. People talk about KML 3 point shooting but her post up game was awesome. UCONN routinely led the nation in offensive efficiency during this era with most starter having over 100 assists per year.
2) Every player was capable of switching defensively with each switch making the defense stronger.
So when people say "they need scoring from all over' that maybe because that is what UCONN is used to having.

Reaction Score

KML vs. KLS
Nurse vs. Nurse
MoJef vs. Saniya
I think they already have had this game - too bad none of us saw it. EVERY DAY in practice last year!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom