Lane Kiffin latest coach to pull scholarship from committed player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lane Kiffin latest coach to pull scholarship from committed player

Reaction Score
Did Kiffen call these players a week or 2 ago to tell them their scholarship was safe?

Reaction Score
Kiffen was also hired on Dec 12. Had plenty of time to think about it while house hunting.

Reaction Score
Contacts are everything...and Stump has them. Funny thing how once his tweet went out this took off nationally. My point in all of this...if you want to skewer one guy skewer them all.

Exactly. Mike Greenberg crucified Edsall and UCONN, and begged Edsall to call into the show to explain himself. He then said, "This exact thing is PROBABLY happening at PRACTICALLY every school...and in the last five years has PROBABLY done this to at least one player." THE single dumbest thing anyone has said regarding this situation. (Probably)

Really going out on the limb there with all of those hedge words. I could walk along any floor in my building and find 10 people who know more about sports than this clown. Everything is an "outrage" or is "perplexing" to him. Have fun in New York.

Reaction Score
Whatever. The system has to change though. It's a friggin joke without an ounce of integrity or sincerity to it. Once a coach offers it must be in writing, open and firm for a stated period and either accepted within the offer period. Once accepted its not revocable absent academic disqualified, injury, illness, change in staff or extenuating circumstances. If a kid renegs, he has to sit a year. If a coach renegs the scholarship spot is lost for the year. The P5 schools are ephing up the system predominantly by over committing and giving themselves an advantage. No kid or school should be able to announce any verbal or non-binding commitment. Let them recruit and sign kids any time in their junior and senior year. Once a commitment is signed, no other school can contact the kid. You will start seeing more kids go to G5 schools and P5s being much more selective. It levels the playing field for everyone. The NCAA needs to start protecting student athletes and the integrity of the game and system. As it is now, the system is rat's maze of on and off recruiting periods. Talk no talk rules, no talk but visit...etc.. yet they cant get the basics simple and fair because they are pulled around by the nose by p5s wanting to game the system. Off my soap box..

Reaction Score
There are so many unintended consequences in that proposal it would take days to work through all of them. Tasking the NCAA with protecting student athletes and the integrity of the system is putting the fox in charge of the hen house.

Early signing period eliminates almost all of this "pulling offer" stuff. Kids who are truly committed will sign early, those who aren't, won't. If a kid is signed, he can't have his scholarship offer pulled due to a coaching change.

Reaction Score
I feel so awful for that privileged white kid from south Jersey who now has to choose from a variety of FCS schools to continue his education for free while playing football. Poor Ryan Dickens.

How do you know he is privileged? Have you spent time with him?

Reaction Score
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right...
(Hey if he can imbed a Brittany Spears video...)

Reaction Score
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to my right...
(Hey if he can imbed a Brittany Spears video...)

UConn will make it up on the other end with the players that commited to UConn and then left for others schools.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Are you Edelman? This whole overblown situation of edsall pulling the offer to this kid is now going to be against the law per the article if im reading it right.

I was trying to say that the author of the article, a sports lawyer, should find somethin else to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom