Lagow going home... | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think that the staff had inkling that this would have happen even if they did not take two other QB's. Something was askew with this entire thing from the start. The whole thing was unsettling. I think that he regretted the decision from the start, but continued to say he was a man of his word and he could not back down from that.

This had nothing to do with PP or CT kids etc.

Good luck with the rest of the post. I have had enough.

Richard wherever you are, good luck. Thanks for coming here and honoring your commitment.

pj

Reaction Score
He's from Texas, he always wanted to play in the Big XII, which is big down there by the way. His family has enough money that whether he's a preferred walk-on or scholarship player may not matter to him. If he's competing from behind 4 others in either place, he might as well be close to home, close to his girlfriend, and in the league he is a fan of, playing on a big stage if he breaks through. It's a reasonable choice.

I'm glad he gave UConn a try, disappointed he didn't stay, but I wish him the best, and I think we have every reason to be optimistic about our QB situation as Boyle and Kivon Taylor sound like they're both genuine talents.

Reaction Score
(The following comment isn't directed at you huskymedic)

He is transferring to a school where he not only has to earn the position, but he has to earn a scholarship??

Sounds like a prima donna to me. :rolleyes:

Maybe it just wasn't a good fit for him? I wish him luck, we got Towson in 7 days.

I'll give him this -- his actions are consistent with the statements he made on Twitter when Boyle committed -- essentially that if he has to compete he wants to do it closer to home.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've had another day to stew on this, and the more I do, the more cynical I feel about the situation. I am not saying that the Lagow Camp is not within their right to leave school and go somewhere else, but there was always something a little off to me.

I think the Lagow Camp is kidding themselves when they say he honored his commitment, because I don't think he did. I think the he committed too fast and he shoed other programs off. At the same time, ten toes were certainly not in, especially after the Boyle verbal was made public. He barely put his hand in the water to test the pool's temperature, and that is only after he reluctantly came out of the house in the first place. Regardless of the positivity of the tweets, I think Twitter could have been a way to try and convince the Camp that they made the right decision, with woefully incomplete information. I think that falling ill on NLI day possibly made for a convenient excuse and when they could not procure a better deal, they took what was originally offered...A Bird in the Hand, so to speak.

A scholarship is for 1 academic year, with three options to renew. He backed out of the bargain after a few weeks. I don't know him personally, so I don't know how he addresses other challenges, but I don't find the execution of this particular game plan to be all that classy. I don't find it to be character-building. There was a choice presented: accept the scholarship to UConn, or don't. As an 18 year old freshman, I felt home sick within an hour of my parents dropping me off, and I lived barely 70 miles away, so I get it. But I don't think this action had to do with homesickness in the least.

As I've said, I do not personally know Lagow or his family, so obviously this criticism comes from the little bits of public information and my observations at 30,000 feet. I hope that they learn from their experiences in order to address other challenges.

One more thing...I fully expect some criticism about this post as well. I may not address it as it is my opinion and it probably won't change, but I've said it before and I'll say it again. I couldn't care much less if the Lagow camp still reads this board. If Richard Lagow is going to make as a starting QB in college and (God willing) pro football, my opinion (or that of any other poster) should be the least of his concerns.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The kid left and is no longer a thought in my mind. I'm focusing now on the athletes who want to play for my alma mater. I hope the media and the BY stop posting, tweeting, etc on this kid. Yeah he honored his commitment but so did a bunch of other kids who stuck it out.

Maybe it was culture shock for him coming from TX, maybe it was homesickness, I don't care anymore. We have Towson in a week and a camp full of kids that want to have UConn on their chest and on their helmets. Let's stop talking about someone who didn't want that and focus on the ones who did. End of story, good luck Lagow where ever life takes you, and lets #ringthebell baby!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
i don't get all the love for the kid. He is more of a distraction than a positive. has been since signing day. He clearly didn't want to come here if he wasn't #1 checked out his options up to and including signing day, came up with the fake illness that kept him form signing his name. Please. Clearly he only came to UConn when it was clear that he wasn't getting a ride anywhere else. Then came up with the lame excuse that Pasqualoni was being "pressured" to use local kids. A far better approach would have been in my view to simply have gone somewhere else on signing day. Far less distraction. I don't get the "keeping his commitment" bs either. Neither we nor he benefited from him coming for a couple of weeks. I wish him well, but the kid was a prima donna who wanted to be handed the quarterback job.

Reaction Score
i don't get all the love for the kid. He is more of a distraction than a positive. has been since signing day. He clearly didn't want to come here if he wasn't #1 checked out his options up to and including signing day, came up with the fake illness that kept him form signing his name. Please. Clearly he only came to UConn when it was clear that he wasn't getting a ride anywhere else. Then came up with the lame excuse that Pasqualoni was being "pressured" to use local kids. A far better approach would have been in my view to simply have gone somewhere else on signing day. Far less distraction. I don't get the "keeping his commitment" bs either. Neither we nor he benefited from him coming for a couple of weeks. I wish him well, but the kid was a prima donna who wanted to be handed the quarterback job.

It's so weird to see you assuming the worst about something on the Boneyard.

pj

Reaction Score
It may have worked out for the best for both parties. We get an extra roster spot and it looks like we have enough QBs with 4 this year, 5 next year. He gets whatever he's looking for, and a place where maybe he can focus on football without thinking there may be greener pastures somewhere else.

It's time to get ready for the season, and root for the guys who are here.

Reaction Score
Did I miss it where he said Coach P was pressured to play local talent. I thought that was an assumption of some of the BY. I was at the practice on Saturday and he appeared to be mired at the end of the line. Nice arm strength but didn't stick out anywhere else. If he really had the goods I think he would have been taking the reps he deserved. Too much pressure on the staff not to do well this year. Now lets get on with the task at hand and "Get R Done". Go Dogs!

Reaction Score
So how about it? Is it still cleavage if it's covered up?

I like Husky Sweater Puppies. (I've been matched up with same pair for many, many years now - attached to my wife)

FYI: The bottom line is that this kid, has been nothing but a drama magnet.

I'm a Parcells football guy, as most of you can already guess if you've paid attention to me at all in the past, and one of Parcells cardinal rules of playing the QB position, was not to be a celebrity quarterback. I agree 100%. Nobody in that locker room laboratory needs a celebrity QB creating drama.

I have no doubt, that every moment of this kids relationship with the University of Connecticut has been handled with the highest standard of professionalism and adherence to governing rules and regulations in intercollegiate athletics - on the part of the university, and he's no longer the university of Connecticut affiliated or UCONN's responsibility. In hindsight, PP's comments on the QB position over the past week, and specifically at the chamber in Middletown, can be viewed in new light, because he would have known for at least a week now, that Lagow was planning on leaving, and where he was interested in going, as long as Lagow, and OSU had handled the situation as required by the NCAA. No reason to think otherwise- I'm sure UCONN and OSU did everything the way it's supposed to be done. So, he's Oklahoma State's responsibility now, according to personal online postings and media interviews he's done already, although as of the media writing last night, OSU was unable/unwilling to confirm it officially - understandably, since it had been less than 24 hrs that he was released from UCONN and he most certainly hadn't been officially admitted yet as a student at OSU.

I promise on all I hold sacred that I have nothing more to write about the player here.

So. Boobies. Boobies. Boobies.

and Tailgating in a week. One WEEK!!! And - yes - I think it's still cleavage when they're covered up and you can't see it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So how about it? Is it still cleavage if it's covered up?

I like Husky Sweater Puppies. (I've been matched up with same pair for many, many years now - attached to my wife)

FYI: The bottom line is that this kid, has been nothing but a drama magnet.

I'm a Parcells football guy, as most of you can already guess if you've paid attention to me at all in the past, and one of Parcells cardinal rules of playing the QB position, was not to be a celebrity quarterback. I agree 100%. Nobody in that locker room laboratory needs a celebrity QB creating drama.

I have no doubt, that every moment of this kids relationship with the University of Connecticut has been handled with the highest standard of professionalism and adherence to governing rules and regulations in intercollegiate athletics - on the part of the university, and he's no longer the university of Connecticut affiliated or UCONN's responsibility. In hindsight, PP's comments on the QB position over the past week, and specifically at the chamber in Middletown, can be viewed in new light, because he would have known for at least a week now, that Lagow was planning on leaving, and where he was interested in going, as long as Lagow, and OSU had handled the situation as required by the NCAA. No reason to think otherwise- I'm sure UCONN and OSU did everything the way it's supposed to be done. So, he's Oklahoma State's responsibility now, according to personal online postings and media interviews he's done already, although as of the media writing last night, OSU was unable/unwilling to confirm it officially - understandably, since it had been less than 24 hrs that he was released from UCONN and he most certainly hadn't been officially admitted yet as a student at OSU.

I promise on all I hold sacred that I have nothing more to write about the player here.

So. Boobies. Boobies. Boobies.

and Tailgating in a week. One WEEK!!! And - yes - I think it's still cleavage when they're covered up and you can't see it.

h4F79FD9B

I'd say these sweater puppies fall under the "Husky" category.

Reaction Score
Carl, do I have this right? You like Parcell's cleavage? Imus used to say he needed a man bra...

Yes! Yes!! Even Eeyore can get out of the rain if you hit him with a stick long enough and hard enough. Nice one free scooter. There was a time when Parcells definitely needed the bro (Seinfeld reference for you youngsters) and no, I've never had any cleavage fantasies about Bill, and I feel a little sick now, having just typed those words because they are sure to create images.

I'm sure there would be blowback right now if I posted youtube montage of Jaime Pressly and Heather Graham in tight sweaters, but it sure does cleanse the frontal cortex palate.

Reaction Score
I'm flying solo for Towson. Anyone need a tailgate buddy? I'll bring beer.

I'm sure Butchy will gladly host you at his tailgate....

You in blue lot? I am bringing the wife and another couple as my normal crew all bailed for this one.

Reaction Score
Yes! Yes!! Even Eeyore can get out of the rain if you hit him with a stick long enough and hard enough. Nice one free scooter. There was a time when Parcells definitely needed the bro (Seinfeld reference for you youngsters) and no, I've never had any cleavage fantasies about Bill, and I feel a little sick now, having just typed those words because they are sure to create images.

I'm sure there would be blowback right now if I posted youtube montage of Jaime Pressly and Heather Graham in tight sweaters, but it sure does cleanse the frontal cortex palate.

It's called a mansiere.

Reaction Score
that's just wrong medic - terribly wrong.

Heather Graham, Jamie Pressley - that's my speed.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Butchy will gladly host you at his tailgate....

You in blue lot? I am bringing the wife and another couple as my normal crew all bailed for this one.

Gray Lot. Not sure what time I'm getting in there but will stop over with a 6 or 12 pack of your choice. PM me.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure there were rules posted around here recently about posting suggestive images and such, and I know I've been pushing it, so I'm sorry to the powers that be for the collective good of the boneyard, and I think that maybe the photos should be scaled back - especially the barechested man. Yuck. Boobies are the last resort, to get folks like those around here to change what they're focused on though I think. Keeping the eyes of the cleavage is a difficult task.

I think that sweater puppies are one of the most attractive things about living in a climate where it gets real cold for half the year. Everybody can experience the motor boat look, and the bikini tops, and low cuts, etc., but the sweater puppy is uniquely northern animal.

There are moments, when not only do you get a welcome and very pleasing surprise on a cold night, but they can even serve as temperature gauges.

(I apologize to any women reading here for the 'locker room' type talk.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom