Lagow going home... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Lagow going home...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm sorry I cannot help myself, and I hope that I'm not censured for this - but I need to cleanse my palate of the images of mansiere's, and sitting on the can, with something good. Enjoy your day everyday - in one week, it will be time to close up shop and be getting prepped to head up to the stadium. I can't wait.

Heather Graham.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm sorry I cannot help myself, and I hope that I'm not censured for this - but I need to cleanse my palate of the images of mansiere's, and sitting on the can, with something good. Enjoy your day everyday - in one week, it will be time to close up shop and be getting prepped to head up to the stadium. I can't wait.

View attachment 3513

How did you get a picture of HuskyNan? ;)

Reaction Score
How did you get a picture of HuskyNan? ;)

I wonder how many people know that in reality, Heather, I mean Nan, is a true 5'8" withOUT heels, and 43 years old. Can you say fantasy woman? Go ahead - try it...."Fantasy Woman."

Reaction Score
To me it's pretty simple-you don't want someone who doesn't like to compete and want to be here possibly being your QB.

Glad this happened now. Instead of when the team was counting on him to perform.

I guess the signing day drama was a warning sign.

Was Terry Bradshaw (La Tech, Steelers, Hall of Fame) a competitor? Bert Jones (LSU, Colts, Pro-bowls)? Joe Ferguson (Arkansas, Bills, Pro-bowls)? They all were HS QB's (Bradshaw and Ferguson (younger) at the same school) at the same time, in Louisiana and all were being recruited by, according to Bradshaw, damn near everyone. The point is that they talked to each other constantly to ensure that they ended up on different college rosters. Combined, they probably lead any "all-competitor" team. QB is different. Only one plays and gets most of the practice reps. It's probably why so many transfer.

Reaction Score
yeah, but I doubt they all went through the drama of tweeting about being upset that UConn landed boyle, then the fake illness and so forth. Just go where you want and never mind the nonsense about "honoring your commitment". what, by showing up at summer camp and pouting? Look, I get he is 18 and away from home, but this was just a poor performance.

Reaction Score
Wow! A QB transferring from one of the poorest passing teams of the last decade. He either isn't that talented or seriously lacks confidence. Either way . . .

And here we go again with the QB position. Now UConn is down to four. So, some ineffectiveness here, and injury there, a disciplinary action somewhere else and the Huskies will be down to a walk on as a starter (nah, that could never happen).

Let's hope not. Let's hope one or all of these guys are the way out of this QB abyss that UConn has had with this position. Get it fixed P.

Reaction Score
We actually finally have a little depth at the position, something we've lacked for a long time. Closest we came to having depth was when we had Lorenzen, Frazer and Endres. We'll bring in another frosh for next season, too I imagine. My sense is that Boyle is the real deal and Taylor has some real upside, so we'll see where it goes. I feel that we are in competent hands with Witmer for the next 2 years as well.

Reaction Score
We actually finally have a little depth at the position, something we've lacked for a long time. Closest we came to having depth was when we had Lorenzen, Frazer and Endres. We'll bring in another frosh for next season, too I imagine. My sense is that Boyle is the real deal and Taylor has some real upside, so we'll see where it goes. I feel that we are in competent hands with Witmer for the next 2 years as well.

You imagine? Logan Marchi.

Reaction Score
Was Terry Bradshaw (La Tech, Steelers, Hall of Fame) a competitor? Bert Jones (LSU, Colts, Pro-bowls)? Joe Ferguson (Arkansas, Bills, Pro-bowls)? They all were HS QB's (Bradshaw and Ferguson (younger) at the same school) at the same time, in Louisiana and all were being recruited by, according to Bradshaw, damn near everyone. The point is that they talked to each other constantly to ensure that they ended up on different college rosters. Combined, they probably lead any "all-competitor" team. QB is different. Only one plays and gets most of the practice reps. It's probably why so many transfer.

Remember that Terry Bradshaw had to wait his turn behind the now famous Phil Robinson at La Tech!

Reaction Score
First I doubt Lagow is in that class.

And secondly there were warning signs when he waffled on signing day.

Sounds like he wasn't staying without guarantees of PT(his freshman year). Glad he left if he couldn't handle competition.

Reaction Score
Wow! A QB transferring from one of the poorest passing teams of the last decade. He either isn't that talented or seriously lacks confidence. Either way . . .

And here we go again with the QB position. Now UConn is down to four. So, some ineffectiveness here, and injury there, a disciplinary action somewhere else and the Huskies will be down to a walk on as a starter (nah, that could never happen).

Let's hope not. Let's hope one or all of these guys are the way out of this QB abyss that UConn has had with this position. Get it fixed P.
So tell me how many qb should we have. Eight. If we get town to the nitty gritty like that i could care less if gdl is throwing the ball

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just for Carl -

View attachment 3512

(no - not a selfie)

HAHA!! I was searching for a file on my computer the other day and ran across this exact same pic. I had no idea when I saved it to my hard drive but chuckled a bit knowing it was probably while posting on the BY while half in the bag. I deleted it but it bothered me for hours wondering what I must have Googled to get that and what post I thought it was relevant to.

Thank you, Medic! I never thought I'd see that rack again.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'll believe it when I see it in the courant.com/sports/uconn-football/

I'm not sure what you are referring to but I did see this in the Courant:
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-notes-0823-20130822,0,7434139.story

Pasqualoni, a Cheshire native, spoke to the importance of state players playing.
"UConn is to me, like it is in so many areas, the best, and to do it with the guys, the coaches, from the state of Connecticut, I promise you, is our commitment,"
I cannot begin to state how excited I got after readidng the above statement. I began thinking back to when Howard Scnellenberger stated that if he could recruit the local talent, Miami would be in the national title hunt every year. It is obvious that P is all in on using local talent to compete for national titles and hell, if there isn't a spot on the field for a kid who played high school football at Staples, Fermi, East Catholic or RHAM, why even bother having a football program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there a Connecticut native that PP has given a scholarship that didn't deserve one? I'm not in love with some of the statements but I really don't see him doing things recruiting wise that don't make sense.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Double like for FFCF and Whale. Couldn't agree more with both posts.

That said, 8 days from now starts HCPP's season of reckoning. I've got his back 1000% but it's time to for him to put up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Double like for FFCF and Whale. Couldn't agree more with both posts.

That said, 8 days from now starts HCPP's season of reckoning. I've got his back 1000% but it's time to for him to put up.

Well we were saying the opposite because I'm pretty sure his post was pure sarcasm.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well we were saying the opposite because I'm pretty sure his post was pure sarcasm.

I just got in sideways after 36 holes. If what you say is true then I dble liked them because neither one mentioned the topic of the OP.

Reaction Score
Listen you can beat on me if you choose to:

My clear point in February was that he didn't want to compete.

Six months later he quit... Because he wasn't up to compete.

So if there is something I missed I'm sure you can point it out. My insincere apologies for identifying the elephant in the room.

I don't disagree. Just irrelevant at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom