Tennessee topics (merged threads) | The Boneyard

Tennessee topics (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Did ESPN open a branch office in TN? LOL...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I revel in TN's misery but next to TN the NCAA is among my least favorite institutions. Are you kidding! Why should the NCAA be so bureaucratically concerned about a secondary violations in WOMEN's ROWING! No disrespect to any Women rowers, I actually don't know any but COME ON MAN- Can't the NCAA find something better to waste money on.

Reaction Score
I can't stand the NCAA as much as the next person, but I actually find this process logical and helpful. Self-reporting minor infractions is a good way to keep away an outside investigation and to self-regulate your own program. While the regulations themselves are often preposterous, at least this part of the process involves minimal consequences

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Might as well turn it in now given the present state of affairs at TN.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Tennessee's disregard for the rules is shocking and, dare I say it, bad for woman's basketball. I've heard that there's more to come and it will be far worse. I'm not going say anything here, but if you are curious just ask Holly. She knows.

I'm just glad that Geno does things the right way. He's so classy.

Reaction Score
Given that Tennessee has a coach under constant fire who may soon be on the chopping block; a "superstar" UNC transfer who has been a huge disappointment; an undisciplined bunch of HS "AAs" that has already lost 9 games, some to pretty bad teams; has dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since the Paleozoic Age, and may not qualify for the NCAA tournament for the first time in memory :D... three minor NCAA violations seem like the least of the Lady Vols' problems.

Reaction Score
Given that Tennessee has a coach under constant fire who may soon be on the chopping block; a "superstar" UNC transfer who has been a huge disappointment; an undisciplined bunch of HS "AAs" that has already lost 9 games, some to pretty bad teams; has dropped out of the top 25 for the first time since the Paleozoic Age, and may not qualify for the NCAA tournament for the first time in memory :D... three minor NCAA violations seem like the least of the Lady Vols' problems.
Three minor NCAA violations
1. The superstar complains she was benched
2. The coach complains she was ignored
3. Rest of the team complain they are mistreated by USA Today Coaches Poll

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How can any self-respecting athletic program publish a self-report and leave Wendy's out of it? It's almost like leaving a copy of the Bible out of a hotel room.

JS

Reaction Score
Observations on the thread:

1. Someone said the LV's had two or three priors. We totalled them in a thread a while back, and the number was then in the teens. Several more than UConn, btw.

2. Secondary violations are all either school has had, although if memory serves Pat was personally reprimanded for one and personally involved in at least one other.

3. These minor violations carry no punishment and are almost (one known snitching exception) entirely self-reported.

4. They are, however, violations, contrary to the delusional view of certain LV fans that if you self-report it it isn't a violation.

5. TN needs to step up its violations game. With no recruits coming in, what it's been doing clearly isn't working. They need to commit some violations of the awful, unmentionable, unverifiable "Holly knows" variety.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
BYO . . .

b42c85124dd87e068d2df61e29971483.jpg

Observations on the thread:

3. These minor violations carry no punishment and are almost (one known snitching exception) entirely self-reported.

There were actual punishments attached; agreed to or sale-imposed (don't have time to find the citation, Squaw Valley calls on a bluebird day) and they will have some effect...no calls for the first 60 days...something like that

With the state of their recruiting, every little obstacle hurts.

JS

Reaction Score
There were actual punishments attached; agreed to or sale-imposed
I'm not counting self-imposed. These are routinely attached to a self-report and are generally rubber-stamped by NCAA.

If NCAA rejected the proposed "cure" (i.e. "what we're going to do about it") and demanded something more severe, then I'd count it as an NCAA punishment.

In such a case, NCAA would effectively be finding a primary rather than secondary violation. I can't think offhand of any instances of such escalation but am sure they've occurred in other sports than women's basketball.

Enjoy Squaw Valley. It's all downhill for you from here.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Margo's not so inspiring, belated message regarding the Texas A&M loss.
Blames the refs
Is unwilling to attack the rotations...although does by inference
Not her most interesting episode.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
wrong link buddy... even tho I like Chris Breezy Brown

(on edit) Breezy is just the intro, which is weird

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
should put "Margo" in the title so folks would know what they're clicking on... only reason I clicked on it cause you're an "interesting" fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom