Ladazhia Williams to South Carolina | The Boneyard

Ladazhia Williams to South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, how many kids does/will South Carolina have on scholarship? Is South Carolina becoming another Louisville, stock-piling talent? Or is Dawn keeping numbers within bounds?

Reaction Score
SC has 13 players. 3 are seniors and 5 are juniors so they definitely need new players.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, how many kids does/will South Carolina have on scholarship? Is South Carolina becoming another Louisville, stock-piling talent? Or is Dawn keeping numbers within bounds?

VowelGuy said it perfectly. We've undergone a mass exodus of talent and will undergo another very soon... We're just replacing it.

Last year ALONE, we graduated FIVE seniors and had THREE transfers out. After this season, we graduate THREE more seniors.. and the season after that (A'ja's class) we graduate another FOUR.

Our roster is balancing out to be about 3 or 4 per class. 2016 we brought in 4.. 2017 will likely be 4 (I think we'll land one more commit).. and considering what we lose in 2018, our recruiting class next year will likely be 4 players strong as well.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Exciting get for Dawn, and well done. Nice size and quickness. Dawn just keeps moving her program in the right direction.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think its a nice pickup for the Gamecocks. Though I am surprised a little that USF let her get out of the state.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Our roster is balancing out to be about 3 or 4 per class. 2016 we brought in 4.. 2017 will likely be 4 (I think we'll land one more commit)..
Who do you think you land? Are you still after more than 1 kid from 2017? Of the top 15, only 3 have verbaled - one to Texas, one to UCONN and one to UCLA... Lots of kids still un-committed...

I agree that Dawn continues to recruit well, but unless she can land at least a few top 3-4 caliber players over the next several years, I don't know that SC will stay at the top as a final 4 contender once Wilson leaves... 2015 was kind of a bust for you and in 2016, you got a couple of kids ranked right about 30, but that's not good enough to remain elite...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Who do you think you land? Are you still after more than 1 kid from 2017? Of the top 15, only 3 have verbaled - one to Texas, one to UCONN and one to UCLA... Lots of kids still un-committed...

I agree that Dawn continues to recruit well, but unless she can land at least a few top 3-4 caliber players over the next several years, I don't know that SC will stay at the top as a final 4 contender once Wilson leaves... 2015 was kind of a bust for you and in 2016, you got a couple of kids ranked right about 30, but that's not good enough to remain elite...

We are still in the mix for several players... top 15 players Evina Westbrook, Chennedy Carter, Anastasia Hayes and Jade Williams.. top 100 players Kasiyahna Kushkituah, Shalexxus Aaron and Cara Ursin.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We are still in the mix for several players... top 15 players Evina Westbrook, Chennedy Carter, Anastasia Hayes and Jade Williams.. top 100 players Kasiyahna Kushkituah, Shalexxus Aaron and Cara Ursin.
Gotcha. You said you think you will land one more commit? It would seem that you'd hope it would be Westbrook, but if it's only one, who is most likely? Any idea who seems to favor you guys at this point?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

O ye of little faith. Plenty of room for recruiting 2017's class, and there's so many up for grabs.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Gotcha. You said you think you will land one more commit? It would seem that you'd hope it would be Westbrook, but if it's only one, who is most likely? Any idea who seems to favor you guys at this point?

If I could choose then I would take Westbrook hands down. Here's where Walker's decision could have impact.. If Walker goes to UCONN then ND will no doubt through in the kitchen sink for Westbrook. If Walker decides on ND then maybe that sways Westbrook into looking at her other finalists. Or that could backfire if Westbrook decides that she wants to play with Walker at Notre Dame.... that's why their upcoming visit together at Notre Dame is so important. If Westbrook makes it through that weekend without committing then I feel really good about our chances.

A few weeks ago I would've told you that Kushkituah was going to be the 3rd commit to SC, but with LaDazhia Williams committing out of the blue (she canceled her other official visits) I'm not sure Kushkituah still comes. She may end up at Georgia or Tennessee.. SC didn't offer Hayes sisters so she's likely going to attend elsewhere. Aaron is likely staying on the west coast. I've long thought Chennedy Carter could pull the trigger for SC but she's been very quiet for months so I'm not sure what she's thinking.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
LaDazhia plays for Kenny Kalina's AAU Team and she's the first player of his that signed with one of the Elite WBB programs. He's been pushing her for over a year and had wanted for Geno to actively recruit her. Good Pickup for SC, will be interesting to see what kind of player she will be in college.

USFMB

Full of the Bulls
Reaction Score
I think its a nice pickup for the Gamecocks. Though I am surprised a little that USF let her get out of the state.

I know she attended quite a few USF WBB games at the Sun Dome.

We have previously signed a number of girls from her AAU team. She even plays on their recently named Courtney Williams team.

FGB Team Courtney Williams

I don't have any inside info on why or how she made her college decision.

We did sign and enroll 4 new freshman "BIGS" (6/2 - 6-4).

We weren't on her official visit list. Of course, she really wouldn't have need, considering her familiarity with USF.

Florida Girl's Basketball - FGB
September 6 at 3:23pm ·

Florida's Most Highly Recruited 2017 Prospect has set her 5 Visits - Ladazhia Williams of Lakewood Ranch will visit Ohio State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, South Carolina & Florida State in the next few weeks to decide where she will play at the next level! We wish her and her family the best during this exciting time

They are all Highly regarded WBB programs.

We already have two verbal commits for the 2017 class. I don't know if there are any remaining scholarships, considering that have six new players this season.

Good luck to her in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99