LA @ Seattle | The Boneyard

LA @ Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sue 3-3 from 3 in 1st quarter. Stewey looks a bit tired. Understandable.

But the officiating is just atrocious. Seems as if more than half the plays get stopped for yet another whistle...which sucks the energy and flow right out the window.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Storm hold on for the upset. They are now in the top 8 for the playoff race.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Seattle beat LA despite Loyd and Stewart shooting a combined 6-25. I wouldn't have thought that possible. Sports are weird.

7 assists and 5 steals from Loyd is pretty nice, though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle beat LA despite Loyd and Stewart shooting a combined 6-25. I wouldn't have thought that possible. Sports are weird.

7 assists and 5 steals from Loyd is pretty nice, though.
Stewie shot like crap, including 2 missed layups, but she had 11 boards.

Sue hit 5 treys. She was emulating her Rio teammate.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sue 3-3 from 3 in 1st quarter. Stewey looks a bit tired. Understandable.

But the officiating is just atrocious. Seems as if more than half the plays get stopped for yet another whistle...which sucks the energy and flow right out the window.
they robbed LA :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
LA is calling in reinforcements. This website reports that Sandrine Gruda will finish the WNBA season with the Sparks:
Sandrine Gruda va finir la saison WNBA avec les Los Angeles Sparks - Ladyhoop

That, of course, raises the question of which current Sparks player will get her walking papers to make room for Gruda. Maybe Whitney Knight?

This is a lot like what the Mystics just did, cutting Jamie Weisner to make room for LaToya Sanders.

Reaction Score
I really don't get the front court addition. Gruda is good but they already have Lavendar and Wauters.

LA needed better guard play because the LA of old showed up tonight. Candace played subpar but was the only one capable of finding her teammates when they made their cuts. Seattle is going to be very good as they mature. Especially if KML can continue to improve. Great turnaround this season for her.

Overall it was quite sloppy and officiating on both ends was a bit head scratching at times. The Phoenix/Dallas game was too in the first half. I think officials may be bit rusty. ;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I really don't get the front court addition. Gruda is good but they already have Lavendar and Wauters.

LA needed better guard play because the LA of old showed up tonight. Candace played subpar but was the only one capable of finding her teammates when they made their cuts. Seattle is going to be very good as they mature. Especially if KML can continue to improve. Great turnaround this season for her.

Overall it was quite sloppy and officiating on both ends was a bit head scratching at times. The Phoenix/Dallas game was too in the first half. I think officials may be bit rusty. ;)
Or just continuing their mediocrity! :confused::eek:

So ... LA, Dallas, CT, SA, and Washington had no Olympians on their roster - three lost last night in their first game back, with LA being the only upset. The one win by CT was also an upset win. The Olympians returning to their teams had a wide range of performances - Stewart couldn't hit her shots while Bird was on fire, Maya didn't score much while Whalen couldn't miss, etc. So ... I don't think after the first five games we can draw any inferences regarding participation/non-participation with the NT.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Game announcers (affiliated with the Storm) had some interesting obsevations about Parker's game. Some of it was complimentary, but some of it seemed to echo some of what had been said here on the BY, that Parker sometimes gets discouraged and disappears or offers poor body language. Fair or unfair, appropriate or not, that perception is "out there."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Officials rusty--I like it!! ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Game announcers (affiliated with the Storm) had some interesting obsevations about Parker's game. Some of it was complimentary, but some of it seemed to echo some of what had been said here on the BY, that Parker sometimes gets discouraged and disappears or offers poor body language. Fair or unfair, appropriate or not, that perception is "out there."
Yep, it's not just the Boneyard. Other than Nneka and Lavender, I though the team looked lethargic. Candace wasn't the only one, but she definitely loped rather than sprinting. The Sparks' body language was poor. Candace did well with assists and had decent rebounding, but she wasn't aggressive on offense or energetic on defense. She was not the only player who had an off-night last night. Many looked rusty. Nneka, Sue, and Elena were some of the standouts.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yep, it's not just the Boneyard. Other than Nneka and Lavender, I though the team looked lethargic. Candace wasn't the only one, but she definitely loped rather than sprinting. The Sparks' body language was poor. Candace did well with assists and had decent rebounding, but she wasn't aggressive on offense or energetic on defense. She was not the only player who had an off-night last night. Many looked rusty. Nneka, Sue, and Elena were some of the standouts.
I don't know if you can really attribute it to rust. How is it that Nneka was able to look so good, as well as several others who did not play on the Olympics? Maybe some players just pout or don't play hard in general.

Reaction Score
Slowly but surely KML is establishing herself. The world knows she can shoot. But, in time, the excellence of her overall game will emerge...and she ain't slow ! A pure winner with a Bb IQ second to very few.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Slowly but surely KML is establishing herself...and she ain't slow !.

So true. How many times did we see Kia or Mo come flying up the court and dish to KML - who was ALREADY there, spotted up in the corner. She could move it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom