Kyle Schafenacker commits | The Boneyard

Kyle Schafenacker commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow didn't think we would beat out USC south.Great get and welcome Kyle.

Reaction Score
In my zeal, I forgot to add:

Rivals 3*, ESPN 3*

Offers from Cincy, South Carolina, SMU, among others.

Reaction Score
He's a solid commit! Cancelled all remaining visits, talked about academics and assistants at Uconn with NFL experience. Very nice get!!! Welcome to Uconn Kyle

Reaction Score
Awesome news! Welcome to UConn, Kyle. I can't wait to hear "Schafennacker just laid out that linebacker!!!"

This takes any sting out of losing out on Barone.... I'm very happy to have this guy.

Reaction Score
This is the kind of commit that gets noticed by other recruits. A kid from one of the top HS programs in the counrty. Lets hope a couple of the RB recruits get a look at who will be clearing holes for them.

Brown was a little slower this year in getting the Florida pipelines going, but with Hadley and now Schafenacker things are certainly heating up. More than makes up for the decommit of Barone a few months ago.

Reaction Score
Impressive commit for sure. Welcome Big Kyle! Glad to have you on board.

Reaction Score
In interviews he stressed how important academics were to him (and no doubt to his parents), so committing to UConn over USCe makes sense. However getting a prized recruit to buy into coming up north to play from Florida? The staff deserves credit (and Pasq) on selling the program. Let's hope kids from his HS see how smart of a decision it was so as to keep that pipeline open. And if I'm Richard Lagow, I'm smiling right now. This class just got a whole lot better.

Reaction Score
Terrific news. Welcome to UConn Country, Kyle. Lookin' forward to cheerin' you on!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Beating a dead horse here, but again here's a high school kid who is already close to his college size. 6'4" and 280 lbs.

Being that he's playing for St. Thomas Aquinas there's a high probability that it's mostly good weight. You can't play OLine in southern Florida at the big school level and have a lot of bad weight.

PP and his staff are clearly executing their recruiting plan of getting players with defined measurables for their position.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Kyle!!

Reaction Score
ESPN grade 79 - Schafenacker is a tough, nasty competitor with the playing strength and strong hands needed to control and knock defenders off the ball when drive blocking.

Reaction Score
Beating a dead horse here, but again here's a high school kid who is already close to his college size. 6'4" and 280 lbs.

Being that he's playing for St. Thomas Aquinas there's a high probability that it's mostly good weight. You can't play OLine in southern Florida at the big school level and have a lot of bad weight.

PP and his staff are clearly executing their recruiting plan of getting players with defined measurables for their position.

IIRC, this was Sam Dorvill's high school as well. (Dorvill was a FB in the early years of the Rent).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
IIRC, this was Sam Dorvill's high school as well. (Dorvill was a FB in the early years of the Rent).

And Difton as well.

Nothing bad with keeping a pipeline open in South Florida. With the U getting ready to be smacked again, there's players to had down there.

Also, as noted earlier in this thread, DeLeone's NFL experience and time with the Dolphins helps out with the street cred down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom