Kudos to Webster Bank and Bridgeport.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kudos to Webster Bank and Bridgeport....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Anyone who has been to the Bridgeport Arena knows that traffic "funnels" into the complex from the 95 and Route 8/25 exits. It is not easy unless you get there early... If you plan to arrive around 11AM you can to park quickly and without problem. On the other hand my son left his house in Trumbull late and arrived late. He ended up parking at the courthouse (for $3) and got to his seat about 5 minutes into the game... Pick your poison... Arrive early and pay the going rate... Or arrive late and miss some of the game... It still is a better venue than Hartford...
Actually, I went past the Rt8 traffic and went south on 95. Got off the Wordin exit and essentially drove right in without a problem. The other people I met didn't have such good luck.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Saw you and Danny on the tube, Phil. You're the one with the unusual hairdo, right?

No cracks about my hair, it's starting to go and I need to enjoy it while it lasts.

As for traffic, I've been to Bridgeport a number of times, and always got off Rte. 8 exit 3. I looked at the map, and saw that exit 1 dumps you right at the arena, so I was kicking myself for doing it wrong all these years...until I actually took the new route. I was at the exit at 11:10, and just barely made the National Anthem, and only managed that because I bailed out and changed my route.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't discount the novelty factor. One game a year there is special. After that, it becomes just another game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bridgeport apparently approaches traffic the same way Mayor PT Barnum apporached snow. God put it there God will take it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom