Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 66
Reaction Score
Yea I'm really not understanding this everyone should jump in sentiment that's going around when the NCAA has essentially gone back to the old rules and we would never see Jalen Adams put his name in there during that era, but he should now? All these guys putting their name in is just gonna create a farce out of the system, there's only so many workout spots to go around in addition to the exclusive nature of the combine, these guys can figure out where they stand from KO and just being grounded in reality.

I could be wrong on this but my understanding is that declared players, in addition to attending the combine/talking to coaches and scouts, are also allowed more practice time per week with college coaches

Reaction Score
Hopefully he is talking about getting a 5 star center or PF

Reaction Score
Yeah hes yuge!

Who's to say they didn't take this picture during the year they take these in September so he's had 6-7 months in the gym. He won't be huge but if he's even Facey that's fine if he has more game. Let's face it he's not a power forward but Deandre was skinnier and filled in when needed.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hilton Units are the only acceptable unit of measure. What's Larrier's measurement in them?

Reactions: caw
C

Chief00

Even the guy from Putnam is not really a big dude; more a wirery guy. Larrier may be tough but he is pretty thin. The coaches seem to be in denial about having a legit strong guy who can move bodies around. Maybe it's because they all were guards.
I think Durham, if healthy, is the guy everyone is underestimating. He could be a real match up problem. I was thinking redshirt due to surgery but KO seems to be more optimistic!

C

Chief00

I saw Larrier in the gym w Travis, he's thin but muscular, not as thin as Facey.

So just curious if there has been any change since the KU game, what did the workout consist of?

Reaction Score
Even the guy from Putnam is not really a big dude; more a wirery guy. Larrier may be tough but he is pretty thin. The coaches seem to be in denial about having a legit strong guy who can move bodies around. Maybe it's because they all were guards.
I think Durham, if healthy, is the guy everyone is underestimating. He could be a real match up problem. I was thinking redshirt due to surgery but KO seems to be more optimistic!

I don't have any doubt a healthy Durham would be a match up nightmare. I just wish the kid well, not only a match up nightmare but man he seems like a great kid.

Reaction Score
I feel like you belong in the comments section of a local newspaper.

caw

Reaction Score

Wait, did you just say Diarra is wirery? I mean he's not senior year Jeff Adrien, but he's not Kentan Facey either, and he's closer to the former than the latter.

Reaction Score
Wait, did you just say Diarra is wirery? I mean he's not senior year Jeff Adrien, but he's not Kentan Facey either, and he's closer to the former than the latter.

He's listed as 6-7, 215, with Kentan as 6-9, 206, so he's definitely got a bit more bulk to him than Kentan.

Reaction Score
Diarra is not a brawny powerful force now. He's not going to displace guys to rebound by virtue of his power and strength. He is an energy big that is more attitude and relentlessness that expects to get rebounds. Hence he gets out of area boards, comes up with the type of rebounds where everyone jumps 2-3 times, and plays knowing that he is out there to get the ball off the backboards. Comments are always about his 'motor', not his strength. A bigger player can back him down no problem. He has a frame more suited than Facey to gain some bulk and strength, but that will not be the freshman Diarra. I think during his career he may become proficient at the foul line jumper like Adrien, Giffey, etc and that would be a big help at the weak point of zone defenses, but I would only expect an occasional shot like that now, a la Facey-Enoch. He has an odd body type in comparison with a lot of long lanky bigs in that he has long legs and a high waist with a shorter torso, (or he just wears his shorts high). The key with him is his commitment to go get the basketball.

Reaction Score
Diarra is not a brawny powerful force now. He's not going to displace guys to rebound by virtue of his power and strength. He is an energy big that is more attitude and relentlessness that expects to get rebounds. Hence he gets out of area boards, comes up with the type of rebounds where everyone jumps 2-3 times, and plays knowing that he is out there to get the ball off the backboards. Comments are always about his 'motor', not his strength. A bigger player can back him down no problem. He has a frame more suited than Facey to gain some bulk and strength, but that will not be the freshman Diarra. I think during his career he may become proficient at the foul line jumper like Adrien, Giffey, etc and that would be a big help at the weak point of zone defenses, but I would only expect an occasional shot like that now, a la Facey-Enoch. He has an odd body type in comparison with a lot of long lanky bigs in that he has long legs and a high waist with a shorter torso, (or he just wears his shorts high). The key with him is his commitment to go get the basketball.

Thanks for the analysis good stuff. Am I correct that he is somewhat similar to maybe a Bonzie Colson eventually? I like Colson a lot and we could use a similar impact player.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
One need not have a big body to be a great rebounder.

Dennis Rodman, one of the best rebounders in the history of basketball, was not big. He just knew where the ball was going, and he was quicker to the ball than anyone else.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I was hoping at some point "mau-surements" would take over, I have patience though.

I'm going to go ahead and vote against this implementation. Pretty sure the Pats would be the reference for the absolute zero end of the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom