KO talks 2016 recruits and more | The Boneyard

KO talks 2016 recruits and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://sportzedge.com/2016/03/25/ke...ther-or-not-he-can-watch-the-ncaa-tournament/

SE: For UConn fans that haven’t seen them play, what do each of the incoming freshmen bring to the team next year?

OLLIE: Well, Alterique is the ultimate leader, ultimate winner. He’s won I think his third state championship a couple of weeks ago, so he’s an ultimate winner. A great leader on and off the basketball court, a great young man, that’s going to give us that point guard leadership, him and Jalen, which, when we won our championships, we had that two-point guard attack. And I think we’re going to get back to that, when we had Shabazz and Kemba, we had Ryan Boatright and Shabazz, we’ll get back to that attack with those two guys.

Vance Jackson is a prolific shooter, out of Los Angeles. But he can do so many other things. He’s 6-9, he can post up, underrated passer. So he’s going to bring a great dimension to our team, especially our spacing, where he can stretch the floor. He can shoot the ball out to 35 feet on threes. He’s just a great shooter.

Mamadou Diarra is coming in giving us that rugged four that we need. Just dunking the ball, rebounding the basketball, and still honing his skills. I think he’s going to give us a great boost.

We have a versatile, four, slash 3 man, slash 2 man, slash 5 man in Juwan Durham. He’s coming off of two torn ACL’s that kind of set him back this past year, but I think he’s going to be ready to play come November, and we’re looking forward to having him in the fold.

A lot of people don’t even know about (VCU transfer) Terry Larrier. They don’t even put him in that class, and I’d definitely put him in that class.

SE: What does Terry bring?

OLLIE: He’s 6-9 and can shoot the basketball, he’s an athlete, he can run the court. I mean, he’s the prototypical pro that they’re looking for. Just the length that he’s going to bring to the court for us. And the toughness he’s going to bring, an inner-city Bronx kid, so he has that toughness that we love, especially through the connections that we have in New York. So it’s going to be a welcome sight, and I think a lot of people at UConn and the country is going to really love Terry Larrier.

Reaction Score
interesting comments on the draft. Sounds like Hamilton isn't the only one declaring.

Reaction Score
interesting comments on the draft. Sounds like Hamilton isn't the only one declaring.
It's a no lose proposition so not surprising.

Reaction Score
It's a no lose proposition so not surprising.
Yep, it's still a little strange because I'm pretty sure pre 06 you could do the same thing , and there wasn't some mass exodus of prospects. Whole rosters were not declaring. It is what it is though

Reaction Score
SE: What does Terry bring?

OLLIE: He’s 6-9 and can shoot the basketball, he’s an athlete, he can run the court. I mean, he’s the prototypical pro that they’re looking for. Just the length that he’s going to bring to the court for us. And the toughness he’s going to bring, an inner-city Bronx kid, so he has that toughness that we love, especially through the connections that we have in New York. So it’s going to be a welcome sight, and I think a lot of people at UConn and the country is going to really love Terry Larrier.

Oh Jesus I think we have heard "prototypical" before over on the football forum.... DOOOOOOOOOOMED

Reaction Score
We have had some guys come in and underachieve, but Alterique is going to be that dude. He has the pedigree, but more importantly, is a tough-minded kid that will be a leader on and off court.

U simply can't have a leader that gets down on himself every time something goes wrong. With The two-headed point guard back, u will have two guys with ability and leadership to steer the ship.

I want all the guys back, next year could be special!

Reaction Score
"He (Jackson) can shoot the ball out to 35 feet on threes."

WTF? So can I, I just can't make 'em. That sounds like impossible range. Does he want him to shoot from 35-feet when he's open? Because that will be always! That is one of the craziest things I have herd Ollie say. If that is true, yikes!

caw

Reaction Score
"He (Jackson) can shoot the ball out to 35 feet on threes."

What? So can I, I just can't make 'em. That sounds like impossible range. Does he want him to shoot from 35-feet when he's open? Because that will be always! That is one of the craziest things I have herd Ollie say. If that is true, yikes!

Yeah, that's even a bit further than normal Curry range

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
But at the end of the day, I have some great friends that are head coaches that are doing a wonderful job still in the tournament. I’m going to go down to the Final Four, and root those guys on.

KO is @August_West ?

Reaction Score
But at the end of the day, I have some great friends that are head coaches that are doing a wonderful job still in the tournament. I’m going to go down to the Final Four, and root those guys on.
Calhoun said that KO and Tony Bennett are good friends when he was on Mike and Mike last week.

Reaction Score
Yep, it's still a little strange because I'm pretty sure pre 06 you could do the same thing , and there wasn't some mass exodus of prospects. Whole rosters were not declaring. It is what it is though
Yea I'm really not understanding this everyone should jump in sentiment that's going around when the NCAA has essentially gone back to the old rules and we would never see Jalen Adams put his name in there during that era, but he should now? All these guys putting their name in is just gonna create a farce out of the system, there's only so many workout spots to go around in addition to the exclusive nature of the combine, these guys can figure out where they stand from KO and just being grounded in reality.

Reaction Score
@aceboon itll be a serious reality check when half these entrants aren't contacted by teams to work out or to attend the combine.

Also , dissapointing FO personnel in multiple workouts could absolutely tank a players stock. Somebody like Adams, who still can't go left and finish left , really should think twice.

Reaction Score
I saw Larrier in the gym w Travis, he's thin but muscular, not as thin as Facey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom