KLS=WOW | The Boneyard

KLS=WOW

Reaction Score
I've been watching UCONN bball since the first championship. I've seen MM, DT, BS and just about all of the greats. I have never seen a player score the way KLS can. She is just so smooth, she scores in bunches like no other player I've seen. Deadly from 3, like KML. Unstoppable midrange coming off of screens like DT. Can drive and finish around the rim like BS. The sky is the limit for this young lady. Unbelievable performance.

Reaction Score
Agreed. She looks like a classic NBA (I didn't forget the W) scoring leader. Lou has willed herself into the alpha player who can carry the team and/or reverse the other team's scoring run. As importantly, given the other scoring threats on the team, that Lou can routinely now hit for over 30/game puts enormous pressure on opponents' game planning. You can't double her, you can't put your biggest (and not therefore your fastest) on her, and you can't stretch a zone to her without giving up huge points to Gabby and Pheesa playing the 2-man game underneath.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Let's not just focus on Lou's scoring prowess. Her entire game was on display today.

She plays very good D.
She's rebounding ( remember she's the Samuelson who can't rebound)
She's getting steals
She handles the ball like a very good guard - which she is.
She can and does pass with the best of them.

All this equals a big WOW!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Agreed. She looks like a classic NBA (I didn't forget the W) scoring leader. Lou has willed herself into the alpha player who can carry the team and/or reverse the other team's scoring run. As importantly, given the other scoring threats on the team, that Lou can routinely now hit for over 30/game puts enormous pressure on opponents' game planning. You can't double her, you can't put your biggest (and not therefore your fastest) on her, and you can't stretch a zone to her without giving up huge points to Gabby and Pheesa playing the 2-man game underneath.
Was it you that said Keith Wilkes? Well, whoever did, the description is apt. Another thing people don't realize is if the court were 15 to 20 feet longer she'd be the fastest on the floor.

Reaction Score
Phillyconn, I agree whole heartedly. Last 4 games KLS has scored 118 points and made 20 threes. Haven't checked, but if any other player may have equaled or exceeded these numbers, it most likely would have been Maya. Tuesdays game will be #19 and if UCONN make the NC Game, it will be the halfway point of the season. KLS now has 803 career points and 144 3's. As Bob mentioned in the broadcast, KLS was the high school player of the year and if I remember correctly she broke all of KML's high school scoring records. It appears she will also be chasing her UCONN records as well.

Reaction Score
Was it you that said Keith Wilkes? Well, whoever did, the description is apt. Another thing people don't realize is if the court were 15 to 20 feet longer she'd be the fastest on the floor.
I had said Marques Johnson and someone "corrected" to Keith Wilkes. But yes also on the fastest if the court were a little longer. That one steal/break away was awesome. I think she covered 3/4 of the court with 3 dribbles.

JordyG

Reaction Score
One thing more. If over the summer she improves her ball handling skills just a smidgen more she'll the world's nastiest and unguardable 2. A starting lineup of her, Nurse, Z, Pheesa and Gabby would be a nightmare. With any configuration next year, as a junior she'll be THE contender for POY.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I had said Marques Johnson and someone "corrected" to Keith Wilkes. But yes also on the fastest if the court were a little longer. That one steal/break away was awesome. I think she covered 3/4 of the court with 3 dribbles.
Yeah, Marcus had those shoulder fakes and footwork inside Lou doesn't have, and he could jump out of the building. Marcus was considered "athletic" whereas Wilkes was always considered "silky smooth".

Reaction Score

Interesting - its' the 1st time this year I saw a gimmick defense. A box-and-one defense used on her. Though a gimmick defense in some manner it probably happened before on her or someone etc. This team is so "pure" -- as a fan I welcome the opposing team's "to try."

Reaction Score
Interesting - its' the 1st time this year I saw a gimmick defense. A box-and-one defense used on her. Though a gimmick defense in some manner it probably happened before on her or someone etc. This team is so "pure" -- as a fan I welcome the opposing team's "to try."
That sort of defense "worked" somewhat against a freshman Maya Moore, but never again. With her ability to score all over the court, it won't work for a sophomore KLS.

Reaction Score
One thing more. If over the summer she improves her ball handling skills just a smidgen more she'll the world's nastiest and unguardable 2. A starting lineup of her, Nurse, Z, Pheesa and Gabby would be a nightmare. With any configuration next year, as a junior she'll be THE contender for POY.
The ironic and unintended consequence of that could be that Z might leave after one year, her figuring it's Lou's team and Lou's glory....

JordyG

Reaction Score
Good point. I don't remember a box and 1 ever being used against her by any team before. UConn is not really the team to use that scheme against. Too many scorers, too much versatility.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Well, we already were confident that KLS=HoH. Now KLS=WOW. Does the transitive property mean HoH=WOW?

She certainly is an unbelievable offensive weapon and a #1 national recruit who's lived entirely up to the billing the ranking might've entailed.

JordyG

Reaction Score
The ironic and unintended consequence of that could be that Z might leave after one year, her figuring it's Lou's team and Lou's glory....
I just don't get that feeling about Z. I think she see UConn as the best place to prepare for the next level. I think she's here for the long 2. Butler however....

Reaction Score
Well, we already were confident that KLS=HoH. Now KLS=WOW. Does the transitive property mean HoH=WOW?

She certainly is an unbelievable offensive weapon and a #1 national recruit who's lived entirely up to the billing the ranking might've entailed.
I personally get really turned on when someone mentions "transitive property"....

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The girl is a point scoring machine! The big question for the rest of the T5 teams is whether anybody can stop her. She will continue to score these point totals throughout the rest of the season and well into the NCAAs, if not all the way through to the champ game.

Geno invoked the mercy rule today. She might have scored between 40 and 50 if she played the whole game.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Marcus had those shoulder fakes and footwork inside Lou doesn't have, and he could jump out of the building. Marcus was considered "athletic" whereas Wilkes was always considered "silky smooth".
She's more like the "Iceman", George Gervin, to me. He would score in bunches in a variety of different ways. Plus I think the builds are similar.

JordyG

Reaction Score

Funnily enough, she is what Geno said she would be. A player with untapped skills, some of which reminded him of Stewie.
Kieth or Jamaal?
You're right. Yes, Jamaal. Kareem and Muhammad as well. I deserve the walk of shame.

JordyG

Reaction Score
She's more like the "Iceman", George Gervin, to me. He would score in bunches in a variety of different ways. Plus I think the builds are similar.
But the Iceman had that finger roll, and all those inside moves. AND could jump out of the building. He could almost dunk from the foul line. No, for me Jamaal.

Reaction Score
But the Iceman had that finger roll, and all those inside moves. AND could jump out of the building. He could almost dunk from the foul line. No, for me Jamaal.
Jamaal wasn't as prolific a scorer as GG. She reminds me of the Iceman. He was 6'7", I know he had the finger roll but from when I watched him play, that jumper was quick, smooth, automatic and deadly. How many 30 point games did JW put up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom