KLS is ESPN's Player of the Week | The Boneyard

KLS is ESPN's Player of the Week

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
She is very special.

And has a chance to be even more special, by scoring 29 or more points in the next game she can top MM for 3 game pt total.

As it stands, they are tied at the top.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She's something special, isn't she? I stand by my prediction that if she continues playing the way she has, she's a lock for 1st team AA honors and will be in contention for NPOY. Are we UCONN fans blessed or what?

Linky

I stand by my prediction as well:

From post on Dec. 3 2015 "It's not going out on a limb since she was such a highly-rated recruit but I remain convinced she will be an All-American and perhaps an NPOY candidate in her sophomore year. She grew up a lot last night. It will be interesting to see if she can carry it forward."

Jim Fuller: Samuelson saves her best for last in UConn win

Reaction Score

From post on Dec. 3 2015 "It's not going out on a limb since she was such a highly-rated recruit but I remain convinced she will be an All-American and perhaps an NPOY candidate in her sophomore year. She grew up a lot last night. It will be interesting to see if she can carry it forward."

Orangutan, you are a poster who I enjoy immensely. Your posts are well thought out, respectful to we UCONN bigots, and offer a competitor's perspective.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Congrats to Lou, my favorite Husky. She had it all going on Sunday, three pointers, midrange, post up, off the dribble, fast break, open court, half court, left handed, right handed, getting to the line. The shooter from last year is now a big time scorer!

And seven steals as well!

Slow start for her, but keep in mind we were getting it inside early to Gabby and Napheesa without any trouble and they were scoring easily. Sometimes it takes Lou a little time to get in gear, but once she sees the ball go through the hoop she is off and running. Oftentimes, the shot or play that gets her going is not a long range shot but something going to the hoop. Yesterday`s performance was a joy to watch.

In addition to Lou`s own growth as a player, the team as a whole is finding each other better and that is helping her. The interior players - Gabby, Napheesa and Natalie - are all reversing the ball well to the weak side now and Lou, Kia and sometimes Saniya are the beneficiaries.

Haven`t heard much about this, but has anyone else noticed the great chemistry that has developed between Lou and Gabby? They are looking for each other a lot out there now. At least twice on Sunday, Gabby had the ball in the key and reversed it to a wide open Lou on the other side, and she drained the three both times. Another example, Lou drove from the right and hit Gabby with a beautiful bounce pass, my recollection is she missed but was fouled.

Love this team!!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A

Although you are an ND fan you have my vote for honorary Husky.

Reaction Score
A

Although you are an ND fan you have my vote for honorary Husky.
If you hang out on the BY long enough you will become a husky fan. In fact, anyone who hangs out here more than a year or so is probably already a latent UConn fan. If you're wondering about yourself, consider:

- Isn't the UConn logo kinda cool? Yeah??

- Do you sorta wish your team's color was blue?

- As much as you try to hate Moriah Jefferson, you just can't?

There's your sign :D

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Congrats to KLS!

Of course, each time a Connecticut player receives ESPN's POW award or is nominated for such, I am reminded of this thread...

I am so done with you ESPN! Done, you hear me!

ETA...no disrespect intended to CocoHusky who started that thread. It just seems many (in general) trash ESPN for not rewarding "their" players or claim the network is biased or claim the network is hyping others without giving "their team" its due rewards...until ESPN does just that and all is right with the world.

Hmm...one would think these people are rabid basketball fans who love their teams... :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is it just me or did Graham Hays go particularly fan boy on KLS? I dont remember any other ESPNw player of the week
written so positively. No BY'er could have done better. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom