KLS Following In KML's Footsteeps | The Boneyard

KLS Following In KML's Footsteeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Soon a new sound will resonate in every arena UConn women's basketball fans congregate. It will serve as both a greeting and celebration every time Katie Lou Samuelson scores. "Loooooooou."

Throughout the modern era of the 10-time national champion, certainly since Kerry Bascom arrived in 1987, great players have tethered one period to the next. Just follow the line of All-Americans. And now it seems a new link has arrived to continue what Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis left behind after last season's win over Notre Dame sealed the Huskies' third straight title.

"I've known Kaleena since I was a little girl, even before I knew I really wanted to play basketball [seriously]," Samuelson said. "It was a time when every time I was on the court I would cry. And every time [Mosqueda-Lewis] sees me, she reminds me of it. I watched her play with and against my sisters, throughout high school and college. So it's cool knowing I am in a place where someone I know well has passed through with success."

[MORE]

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice - and an added bonus may be those free throw numbers from HS. KML was a great FT shooter, who never shot many in her four years. I hope Lou will make more frequent trips to the line.
The FT numbers also point to a comment I made before regarding what I have seen in the HS and USA basketball video of Lou's game - much more play going to the basket than KML, which is where many more fouls occur. Old rule - do not foul a jump shooter, and that was primarily what KML was at Uconn. (Not a knock on KML, just recognition of the difference three+ inches make in the women's game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom