Kivon Taylor To Transfer | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kivon Taylor To Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Here's the issue. Few if any QB'S start 4 or even 3 years. You need to be both a top 10 recruit and entering an situation where the starter left without a clear successor.

So, if your UConn and not attracting high caliber QB's, you can get recruits to come here looking to play early, but the ones that can't unseat a weaker incumbent will be recruited over and likely transfer or ride the bench.

Taylor had a full year in the program and didn't advance in a year when just about everyone played. Lagow didn't have a lot of options once Boyle came in, stayed through fall practice and decided it wasn't going to work here. I'm sure if he came in a outpaced everyone he would have stayed.

If you have more than one quarterback, then you don't have any quarterbacks. We've had a shipping container full since Dan O left.

Reaction Score
JC transfer.

Who was the other QB that was more highly rated they were in on. It was Lorenzen, the other JC QB and Jerrell Miller they were recruiting at the same time if my memory hasn't totally failed.

I think Miller soured me on following recruiting, call me on signing day and then I'll believe someone can play when I see it.

Billy Bob Orsagh

Reaction Score
Here's the issue. Few if any QB'S start 4 or even 3 years. You need to be both a top 10 recruit and entering an situation where the starter left without a clear successor.

So, if your UConn and not attracting high caliber QB's, you can get recruits to come here looking to play early, but the ones that can't unseat a weaker incumbent will be recruited over and likely transfer or ride the bench.

Taylor had a full year in the program and didn't advance in a year when just about everyone played. Lagow didn't have a lot of options once Boyle came in, stayed through fall practice and decided it wasn't going to work here. I'm sure if he came in a outpaced everyone he would have stayed.

If you have more than one quarterback, then you don't have any quarterbacks. We've had a shipping container full since Dan O left.

I completely disagree with that last comment. If you have more than one, you don't have any? We haven't had any decent depth at QB at all - but we have brought in a whole bunch of QB's since Orlovsky. Our most successful QB threw knuckle balls, and Tyler Lorenzen couldn't throw to save his life - but he had all the other things you want to have in a QB. Corny Benton was one of the best athletes that we've recruited at the QB position in the past 25 years. He played only one season, because DeGenarro was a year older, and not as good an athlete, but played his ass off and didn't let him take him over on the depth chart until he got. Benton got one full season as a starter and was drafted by the Steelers. That's just a UCONN example. Look at a guy like Tom Brady? A QB got drafted out of California a while back that never even played if I remember correctly. The IDEAL situation in my opinion is to have at least 2 minimum QB's that are capable of starting at any one time, and doing well, and have the pushing each other day in and day out. and have QB's lined up behind them. DeGennaro will tell you that having Benton as his backup is what made him perform as well as he did. You need QB's in every recruiting class. THe one thing Pasqualoni brought undeniably positive that we didn't have, really at any time since making the jump up - is decent QB depth on the roster - multiple guys that can actually throw the ball well. Boyle and Cochran are setting up to be a pair that can really push each other now and in the future - I hope that Boyle gets the red shirt this year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's still TBD if CC or TB are any good. Better than what we've had isn't good enough.

And it's an old saying that means if you don't have a clear #1 QB, then chances are none of them are very good.

Reaction Score
It's still TBD if CC or TB are any good. Better than what we've had isn't good enough.

And it's an old saying that means if you don't have a clear #1 QB, then chances are none of them are very good.

Wrong. Just wrong.

Reaction Score
07 was a 50% loss too.. Edsall seemed to have some high attrition rates but I don't know what's the average at this level. Agree with Free and you it was a combination of things. Its a fine mess.

and USC, Notre Dame, Clemson.

Figuring out what attrition rates are over time, and what causes it - is something that every football program should be well aware of internally IMNSHO. It would be interesting to know what kind of attrition rates other schools are getting, especially those in conference, and regionally competitive for recruiting.

The past is the past, and now is now. I have my thoughts as to why, others will have their thoughts and opinion, but the fact is that right now, we are deficient in basic numbers of scholarship recruits based on the annual NLI recruiting cycles of approx. 15-20 players accumulated since the 2008-2009 cycle. Pasqualoni was turning that around, but another coaching change has put us right back behind the 8 ball. We're up to 7 for 2015, if Diaco is on the ball, this recruiting class will have about 30 players and should be our largest class since 2007.

Reaction Score
Figuring out what attrition rates are over time, and what causes it - is something that every football program should be well aware of internally IMNSHO. It would be interesting to know what kind of attrition rates other schools are getting, especially those in conference, and regionally competitive for recruiting.

The past is the past, and now is now. I have my thoughts as to why, others will have their thoughts and opinion, but the fact is that right now, we are deficient in basic numbers of scholarship recruits based on the annual NLI recruiting cycles of approx. 15-20 players accumulated since the 2008-2009 cycle. Pasqualoni was turning that around, but another coaching change has put us right back behind the 8 ball. We're up to 7 for 2015, if Diaco is on the ball, this recruiting class will have about 30 players and should be our largest class since 2007.

Unless rules have changed, each class is capped at 25 scholarship players per academic year. So you will not see a 30 player class unless there is a loophole and they can somehow bring in the additional 5 players in other ways/time.

Reaction Score
Unless rules have changed, each class is capped at 25 scholarship players per academic year. So you will not see a 30 player class unless there is a loophole and they can somehow bring in the additional 5 players in other ways/time.

Do grayshirts count against that total?

Reaction Score
Do grayshirts count against that total?

They count toward the following years scholarship limit. You can bring in 40 players if you want, but only 25 will be on scholarship and the other 15 would have to grayshirt and pay their own way the first semester.

Reaction Score
Landed @ Foothills Community College in CA.

>>Swartz will have the luxury of calling the plays for an NCAA-caliber quarterback in Kivon Taylor, a transfer from UConn. The 6-foot-5, 210-pound redshirt freshman went to high school in Atlanta and is one of a handful of Georgia natives on the roster.

"I'm lean, fast, kind of powerful," said Taylor, who compares his style to that of Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton. "I've got a nice arm, accurate, nice deep ball."

Taylor is looking to spark interest from four-year programs, much like Newton did after transferring from Florida to spend a season at a community college before winning a national championship at Auburn. "At UConn, the coaches that recruited me got fired, so I decided that I was going to leave," said Taylor, who was suspended during the spring drills at UConn.

Taylor arrived at Foothill on July 2 and found his way to the practice field by the next afternoon. "I think the offense fits me well because I like to run a lot of play-action, zone read stuff," Taylor said. "Make the defense come in and throw over the top. And I like to be a threat myself, so they have to respect me, the back and all the receivers -- a triple threat for us."<<

Reaction Score
Landed @ Foothills Community College in CA.

>>Swartz will have the luxury of calling the plays for an NCAA-caliber quarterback in Kivon Taylor, a transfer from UConn. The 6-foot-5, 210-pound redshirt freshman went to high school in Atlanta and is one of a handful of Georgia natives on the roster.

"I'm lean, fast, kind of powerful," said Taylor, who compares his style to that of Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton. "I've got a nice arm, accurate, nice deep ball."

Taylor is looking to spark interest from four-year programs, much like Newton did after transferring from Florida to spend a season at a community college before winning a national championship at Auburn. "At UConn, the coaches that recruited me got fired, so I decided that I was going to leave," said Taylor, who was suspended during the spring drills at UConn.

Taylor arrived at Foothill on July 2 and found his way to the practice field by the next afternoon. "I think the offense fits me well because I like to run a lot of play-action, zone read stuff," Taylor said. "Make the defense come in and throw over the top. And I like to be a threat myself, so they have to respect me, the back and all the receivers -- a triple threat for us."<<

Sounds like the kid was really humbled.

Reaction Score
Sounds like he is really high on his ability. I thought he was a real intriguing prospect based on his highlights. For depth purposes would have been nice if he was still here.

Reaction Score
At least he's bright enough to see the handwriting on the wall....he is not a good fit
for a TEAM, very best wishes-Move on!!!

Reaction Score

"At UConn, the coaches that recruited me got fired, so I decided that I was going to leave," said Taylor"<<

http://i2./memecollection.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/wat-meme.jpg?resize=500%2C498

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
"I'm lean, fast, kind of powerful," said Taylor, who compares his style to that of Robert Griffin III and Cam Newton. "I've got a nice arm, accurate, nice deep ball."<<

We need to recruit that kid - he sounds perfect for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom