Kinda strange that we haven't seen one interview with Diaco | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kinda strange that we haven't seen one interview with Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe a bizarre stretch for some people, but could Diaco actually be focused on his school-aged children, career decisions, etc.? Interviews on a past job ... seriously?
Either that or he is in his Counting House.

Reaction Score
Either that or he is in his Counting House.
Granted, it is tax season and all ... surely counting buyout beans and making fish cakes with his CPA. No time for family, nor for interviews to pacify a few curious fans of a an ex-employer. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
His agent probably told him to shut up and besides we are already in rear view mirror as we were originally a stepping stone for him. Sure at some point when landing and doing well he will give interview and blame everyone, players, AD, president and trustees, fan base, alumni, students, region, stadium, his coaches play calling. Basically anybody and everyone but himself.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really?

Because he wasn't a good football coach?

Yes from day 1. He's the perfect combination of hypocracy, rightousness and undeserved arrogance.

You come across people like this professionally and they all turn out the same way once everyone realizes the emporor has no clothes.

Reaction Score
Yes from day 1. He's the perfect combination of hypocracy, rightousness and undeserved arrogance.

You come across people like this professionally and they all turn out the same way once everyone realizes the emporor has no clothes.

I had no idea you knew him personally.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I really think he will make it. Hope he learned from his failures. He has what it takes to be a great coach. I dont think ct was a good fit for him

Meh, he'll have to first change his soft ass defensive philosophy.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Numbers don't lie

2009 FBS (I-A) College Football Team Statistics Leaders for Defense - ESPN

Cincinnati had the 29th best defense in 2009 when Diaco was DC there.

Lucky for him, at Cincy and ND he never had to figure out when to call a timeout, or know what down it is on offense with less than 20 sec left, or figure out where the ball was spotted, or whether or not it was a good time to mess up your ace FG kicker by calling a fake fake field goal attempt.

Other than that, he's a football genius.

Reaction Score
Dom Capers was a terrible head coach - but does just fine as a DC. Some people just can't make the jump.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I heard he jumped from 10 feet into a large vat full of cash and has not resurfaced yet.

Reaction Score
Lucky for him, at Cincy and ND he never had to figure out when to call a timeout, or know what down it is on offense with less than 20 sec left, or figure out where the ball was spotted, or whether or not it was a good time to mess up your ace FG kicker by calling a fake fake field goal attempt.

Other than that, he's a football genius.

Yep, go back and look at the scores of the Cincy games in 2009 and you will see how stats can be manipulated. That said, American Coaches convention is either going on now or just got over so i would expect Bob D to surface there. Generally the "Burning Man" festival for coaching jobs before Spring ball.

Reaction Score
Dom Capers was a terrible head coach - but does just fine as a DC. Some people just can't make the jump.
Seriously, not many people are cut out to be the executive overseeing all three phases of D-1 football. Diaco's ceiling is a coordinator, which really isn't anything to sneeze at. He did well at ND and will be fine as a positions coach somewhere where he also won't be worried about putting his foot in his mouth every other sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom