Kinda strange that we haven't seen one interview with Diaco | The Boneyard

Kinda strange that we haven't seen one interview with Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i mean total radio silence. I've moved on and as an apologista am happy Randy is here But Man. Nothing but crickets re Bob

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I agree. Although I'm happy he's gone now, I am interested to see where he lands. I'm thinking back at ND as some sorta "Defensive Analyst" or something.

Reaction Score
i mean total radio silence. I've moved on and as an apologista am happy Randy is here But Man. Nothing but crickets re Bob
Well, he was given $3.4 million in hush money. I would have to guess that leaving quietly was part of the negotiated buyout. Plus, I'm sure the guy wants to land on his feet somewhere. Why bite the hand that feeds you? He was already the laughing stock of college football, what's he really going to say at this point. There's zero chance he lands an FBS head gig anywhere. He's better off staying quiet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, he was given $3.4 million in hush money. I would have to guess that leaving quietly was part of the negotiated buyout. Plus, I'm sure the guy wants to land on his feet somewhere. Why bite the hand that feeds you? He was already the laughing stock of college football, what's he really going to say at this point. There's zero chance he lands an FBS head gig anywhere. He's better off staying quiet.
He's toxic right now. Agreed. At best he finds a DC job although even his defensive competency without 5 stars has to be questioned.

Reaction Score
He's toxic right now. Agreed. At best he finds a DC job although even his defensive competency without 5 stars has to be questioned.

He did great at Cincinnati as a DC. I think he'll be fine as a DC without 5 star players. As a HC, different story.

Reaction Score
MAYBE ... his exit interview/exit document included language requiring confidentiality and no negative words towards the employing University forwarding $3.4m. Or .... also ... he has not received that money yet. As I think someone discovered, it is due within 60 days of separation.

Reaction Score
He should stay quiet and keep it moving. It's over. Anything football related he needs to prove on the field in a new position. Speaking on UConn is a lose - lose proposition. I think his exit blurb is perfect and enough.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not saying do an interview and blast Uconn but an interview reflecting on his time here Not a peep

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Right, I am saying any interview is a lose/lose. Have you forgotten how this guy does P.R.? Maybe kids news on Nickelodeon will land the big interview.

Reaction Score
He's better off staying under the radar for awhile for his own sake. His stock must be way down now. In time he'll land another coaching/asst gig somewhere.

Reaction Score
Him opening his mouth will do no good. For anyone. It'll make UConn look better for firing him. That's about it.

The way his behavior was towards the end of his tenure, it seems as if he was waving the white flag, wanting to be fired.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I brought up this topic a few days after he got canned. Several posters said it was too soon.

I found it odd then and I find it odd now. Usually the agent works behind the scenes to have a recovery interview to help the coach move forward. I also said oftentimes the local media will try to get the first post-firing interview as a scoop.

With Bob it seems like indifference from the media. There isn't any buzz for anyone to interview him.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'm so sick and tired of his insane press conference nonsense that if I never hear another word from Bobby it will be too soon. I couldn't care less about anything he has to say about anything.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Part of me hopes he gets into broadcasting for a year before he gets back in to coaching. Watching some random MAC game on a Wednesday night might actually be interesting if he was the announcer. I could only imagine the ridiculousness that would spew from his mouth having to fill in the air time.:p

Reaction Score
I really think he will make it. Hope he learned from his failures. He has what it takes to be a great coach. I dont think ct was a good fit for him

Reaction Score
Skiblets...absolutely no attack here but why anyone would want to hear his take on anything is beyond me. Just to comfort those that miss him, I found him and he is taking advantage of his youthful looks!

Actually an artist has also made a song in tribute to him! He has made us so proud! ;) Not sure if this was on his play list. :D

Reaction Score
He did great at Cincinnati as a DC. I think he'll be fine as a DC without 5 star players. As a HC, different story.

Not according to some Cincy fans who said we told you so.

Reaction Score
Maybe a bizarre stretch for some people, but could Diaco actually be focused on his school-aged children, career decisions, etc.? Interviews on a past job ... seriously?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Part of me hopes he gets into broadcasting for a year before he gets back in to coaching. Watching some random MAC game on a Wednesday night might actually be interesting if he was the announcer. I could only imagine the ridiculousness that would spew from his mouth having to fill in the air time.:p

Bill Walton esk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69