Kiffin to FAU?? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Kiffin to FAU??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who is on video punching a woman. No thanks. I would rather lose than sink low enough to have a guy like that on the team.
We had 3 guys on this team in trouble with the law the past year

Reaction Score
What's worse -

Assaulting a woman?
Assaulting a senior citizen?
Assaulting a minor?

All are horrible and inexcusable - and I wouldn't want to support those people or have them at my university (athlete or not).
My opinion is some crimes are forgivable and some are not. Underage drinking - not too serious. Violence - way more serious. I like that our university takes character issues seriously.

@jazyj No. Read the comment thread. You are engaging in an argument, all I was doing was replying to another user that stated Kiffin got a recruit (and he left out the part of why he is ex-fsu) which I believe is an important detail - don't you?

I dislike violent crime - all of it. Sorry, but that is my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All are horrible and inexcusable - and I wouldn't want to support those people or have them at my university (athlete or not).
My opinion is some crimes are forgivable and some are not. Underage drinking - not too serious. Violence - way more serious. I like that our university takes character issues seriously.

@jazyj How is defending women's rights and pointing out the differences in criminal severity an argument?

I dislike violent crime - all of it. Sorry, but that is my opinion.
What you insinuated was that there was a level of crime that you were willing to tolerate, there are players on this team being accused of assault yet you just brushed it off because they didn't assault women

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Underage drinking - not too serious.
Violence - way more serious.

I like that our university takes character issues seriously.

@jazyj N

So Cespedes, in your eyes, should be off the team? Violence is the charge.

Underage drinking to you isnt serious - hmmmm - only if it led to a violent crime. DUI underage is ok in your world because it isnt a violent.

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 15m 15 minutes ago
#FAU is hiring #OleMiss DL coach Chris Kiffin as Owls new DC, source tells @FOXSports ..

NCAA recruiting violation cloud be damned when it's family ;). All in @ FAU.

Florida Atlantic: Sources tell FootballScoop Lane Kiffin is planning to bring Mike Locksley to FAU as offensive coordinator. Locksley is formerly the head coach at New Mexico from 2009-11 and served as Maryland’s offensive coordinator from 2012-15. He spent this fall as an offensive analyst at Alabama.

Florida recruiting is gunna be a schlit show... LOL.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Florida Atlantic: Sources tell FootballScoop Lane Kiffin is planning to bring Mike Locksley to FAU as offensive coordinator. Locksley is formerly the head coach at New Mexico from 2009-11 and served as Maryland’s offensive coordinator from 2012-15. He spent this fall as an offensive analyst at Alabama.

Florida recruiting is gunna be a schlit show... LOL.

Bruce Feldman@BruceFeldmanCFB 4 mins ago
Am told the reports of #Alabama's Mike Locksley heading to join #FAU staff are not accurate.

Reaction Score
So Cespedes, in your eyes, should be off the team? Violence is the charge.

Underage drinking to you isnt serious - hmmmm - only if it led to a violent crime. DUI underage is ok in your world because it isnt a violent.

Troll. Look up logic fallacies.

@jazyj no. violence = gone on animals/humans etc. Yeah, I think there are levels of crimes and so do the courts. In your dorm with a wine cooler is not the same as DWI even though bonehead thinks so.

To clarify - I am arguing against problem individuals on UConn teams. I would rather lose than have liabilities on the team. I leave that up to UConn's legal professionals to determine before you try to once again try to act like I am judge jury and executioner. I am a fan that wants a clean team that can be pillars of the community.

Last edited:

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Troll. Look up logic fallacies.

To clarify - I am arguing against problem individuals on UConn teams. I would rather lose than have liabilities on the team.
You had both this year.

Is Cespedes a liability after being charged with third-degree assault? Or does it matter that the offense was perpetrated against a female or male?

Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 15m 15 minutes ago
#FAU is hiring #OleMiss DL coach Chris Kiffin as Owls new DC, source tells @FOXSports ..

NCAA recruiting violation cloud be damned when it's family ;). All in @ FAU.

FootballScoop Staff@FootballScoop 32 mins ago
Industry sources tell FootballScoop Lane Kiffin has had productive talks w Kendal Briles about OC role at FAU.

NCAA Enforcement Support staff gonna be looking to rent a storefront in Boca.:p

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 6m 6 minutes ago
News: Lane Kiffin tells @SInow he's hiring former Baylor OC Kendal Briles as the offensive coordinator at FAU.

Kiffin on Kendal Briles: "We were very deliberate in our decision to bring Kendal to FAU...completed our due diligence."

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
News: Lane Kiffin tells @SInow he's hiring former Baylor OC Kendal Briles as the offensive coordinator at FAU.

Kiffin on Kendal Briles: "We were very deliberate in our decision to bring Kendal to FAU...completed our due diligence."

This is what happens when you hire Lane Kiffin. BK...before Kiffin...I didn't know who the head coach was let alone the OC at FAU. You risk him doing something stupid...but right now people are talking about FAU. We need people to talk about UConn this way. I doubt the OC hire will do this...but hopefully the next head coach will cause buzz.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you hire Lane Kiffin. BK...before Kiffin...I didn't know who the head coach was let alone the OC at FAU. You risk him doing something stupid...but right now people are talking about FAU. We need people to talk about UConn this way. I doubt the OC hire will do this...but hopefully the next head coach will cause buzz.
I don't know how involved with the culture of no responsibility or accountability at Baylor the younger Briles was but I believe there is quite a bit of evidence showing he has a quality offensive mind. If he weren't coming from such a toxic environment I would have liked to see him hired here to run our offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I don't know how involved with the culture of no responsibility or accountability at Baylor the younger Briles was but I believe there is quite a bit of evidence showing he has a quality offensive mind. If he weren't coming from such a toxic environment I would have liked to see him hired here to run our offense.
I agree.,this is the kind of big splash hire we need...as long as he is clean. I don't mind a little dirty...but not Art Briles level dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom