Kiffin to FAU?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Kiffin to FAU??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lane Kiffin was not a good match for UConn he is an ego maniac adolescent. He does not have the maturity and self control to be a good, never mind great, head coach. He had his greatest success when his father was on staff to kick his butt and at Bama, where Saban has no problem kicking butt.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 8m8 minutes ago
Some are shocked Lane Kiffin took FAU>At this pt, reality is best way for him show he can run an FBS program is to take one-even a small one

Adam RittenbergVerified account‏@ESPNRittenberg
Completely agree with this. Another year as a coordinator doesn't change the questions people have about his ability to lead again.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 4m4 minutes ago
Lane was in line to make double this year from LSU than what he'll get from FAU but doubtful being an OC there changes things in AD's eyes.

Reaction Score
... nor Houston: Houston regent: Kiffin not safe hire for Cougars

>>"Lane Kiffin did not show me anything that Major Applewhite did not show me," Fertitta said. "Sure, he's been a head coach and he's been an OK head coach. But I can tell you this: [Kiffin] was not a safe hire."<<

USAT: How Lane Kiffin landed at Florida Atlantic after his success at Alabama

>>Though Kiffin’s name was brought up for multiple jobs across the last three years, nearly all of it was speculation and smoke rather than genuine interest in him. One person with knowledge of the matter, who had investigated Kiffin for a job, said reference calls to people who worked at USC and Tennessee basically rendered him unhireable.<<

Reaction Score
Kiffin is a cluster as a head coach. He's proven that with two programs and that's why HY was never going to hire him at Houston and why any major program isn't going to touch him until he can prove that he can be responsible with the keys to the car.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The problem with hiring Lane Kiffin as your head coach is that Lane Kiffin becomes your head coach. And then all hell breaks out until he leaves.

There's a reason he's going to Florida Atlantic.

Reaction Score
For $1 million it's worth it. He can recruit well so if you need to fire him and bring in a new guy, you have a stocked roster. Roll the dice on NCAA penalties. Can anyone say with a straight face that they trust Lane Kiffin. You can't. It is impossible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
For $1 million it's worth it. He can recruit well so if you need to fire him and bring in a new guy, you have a stocked roster. Roll the dice on NCAA penalties. Can anyone say with a straight face that they trust Lane Kiffin. You can't. It is impossible.

Do you think Lane finishes next September still at FAU or will he complete the entire season? If he scores a dozen TDs by week 3, look for that resume to heat up.

Reaction Score
The problem with hiring Lane Kiffin as your head coach is that Lane Kiffin becomes your head coach. And then all hell breaks out until he leaves.

There's a reason he's going to Florida Atlantic.
Being a Raider fan, I know this all too well. He is not his father. He has tried and failed in a few places. With so many openings at UConn's level and he ends up at FAU should tell you quite a bit.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It's definitely worth the risk if you're FAU.

But clearly, the higher-level schools with coaching openings did the math and decided he was not worth it.

I'd prefer him to Diaco, but that doesn't make him a good coach - I suspect he's actually a pretty good coordinator who isn't bright enough to make the jump. Kinda like....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
At this point, I'd re-hire Pasqualoni if it the absolute only way to get rid of Diaco. Yes, that's how little I think of Bob Diaco's ability to make any "easy fix".

Reaction Score
At this point, I'd re-hire Pasqualoni if it the absolute only way to get rid of Diaco. Yes, that's how little I think of Bob Diaco's ability to make any "easy fix".

If you'd rehire Paul P, you'd rehire Edsall then right? Seriously the man is doing nothing right now. Front office of the Lions. Bring back Edsall then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom