Kiah!!!!! | The Boneyard

Kiah!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our girl Kiah does it again: 11 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks. That's the third time in six games that she's scored in double digits. And she is a key reason that 1) Tina Charles is getting better shots, because the other team can't leave Kiah alone, and 2) Kiah is scoring enough to justify her time on the court and her rebounding and shot blocking.

Among second year pros in the WNBA, Kiah is #4 in scoring, #2 in blocked shots (behind Elizabeth Williams), #1 in rebounding, and #1 in field goal percentage. Nice pick, guys!!

So Noo Yahk has now won five games in a row, stand at the top of the Eastern Division, and just knocked off the #2 team in the conference. And it wouldn't be happening without Kiah's emergence as a major force in the league.

So go Kiah!!!!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I expected Kiah to do well in the league. How long that was going to take, I did not know. She is making slow but steady progress. She's much better better and more aggressive than she was a year ago, but not as good and forceful as she will be next year. You're right, trader Bill knew what he was doing when he picked Kiah with the 11th pick last year. I wonder how many teams that passed on her wished they would have selected her?
I've said this many times. I like ALL of the players on the team, but Mo and Kiah were my favorite players on the team. I'm prejudiced and not very objective when it comes to those two.

Reaction Score
I expected Kiah to do well in the league. How long that was going to take, I did not know. She is making slow but steady progress. She's much better better and more aggressive than she was a year ago, but not as good and forceful as she will be next year. You're right, trader Bill knew what he was doing when he picked Kiah with the 11th pick last year. I wonder how many teams that passed on her wished they would have selected her?
I've said this many times. I like ALL of the players on the team, but Mo and Kiah were my favorite players on the team. I'm prejudiced and not very objective when it comes to those two.
Apparently, Rebecca knew what she was talking about! ;)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Eliz Williams story is really something as well.
Never developed at Duke at all
Better and better as a pro.
And fit.
Wonder if it had anything to do with her former coach?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And fit.
Not nice! :cool:

So ... if you are the CT Sun GM today would you trade Jones and Banham for E. Williams, Chelsea Gray, and a 2017 lottery draft pick?! While I think the two rookies are doing OK and have nice upside, Williams and Gray are young players as well with lots of upside too, and who knows what that pick might be.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

So ... if you are the CT Sun GM today would you trade Jones and Banham for E. Williams, Chelsea Gray, and a 2017 lottery draft pick?! While I think the two rookies are doing OK and have nice upside, Williams and Gray are young players as well with lots of upside too, and who knows what that pick might be.
Gray is in LA balling out with CP-really backing up Tolliver but I'm sure the mention of CP will irk some. I would do that trade in a heart beat.

Reaction Score

I agree the trade would be favorable for the Sun this year. It might not be favorable in a few years depending on how the two Sun rookies develop.

Reaction Score
If your the Suns you just want to build around the young players they have cus it seems they will have a top pick next year. What seniors is out there by the way????

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If your the Suns you just want to build around the young players they have cus it seems they will have a top pick next year. What seniors is out there by the way????
No they will not have a top pick - they traded their first rounder to LA.

Reaction Score
Swin had a pretty nice game too. In my unbiased view, Kiah will be an all star, Swin and Tina are Hall of Famers.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And fit.
same thing could be said about Kiah's former coach as well :oops:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Kiah was absolutely instrumental in the win tonight
True, EDD scored against her big time...but the way she was shooting there is no woman who can guard her.
And Kiah hung in there and prevented a good look on EDD's last second heave.

Kiah rebounded, passed, blocked, scored and if truth must be told...if her teammates looked for her just a bit more...would be a big time scorer.

Many of her best moments thwarted Chicago just as they were close to seizing control, but could never quite.

There was a wonderful play in the 3rd quarter where she made the offensive move straight down the lane to the hoop, that i've been hoping for, for for a while.

Becoming a glue player.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Wow sweet dish from howard to maya... Lynx within 4.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah: 12 points, 7 boards, and 2 blocks.

Tina had an "average" game of 21 points, 13 boards, and 4 assists. She leads the league in scoring AND rebounding. NY is now 10-4. MVP!

Reaction Score
Yes!!!! Our Kiah does it again!!!!

Not only did she score in double-digits for the fourth time in seven games, but she saved the game for Noo Yahk! She was guarding EDD when, with less than three seconds left in the game, and The Liberty clinging to a one-point lead, Chicago inbounded the ball to EDD. EDD almost put the ball up, but, seeing Kiah in her face, she was forced to take a big step back beyond the key, and then put up an off-balance shot. It missed. And NY won!!! All of Kiah's teammates went over to congratulate her on saving the game.

Way to go, Kiah!

Can anyone spelled "League's Most Improved Player"? How 'bout "WNBA Sixth Man of the Year"?!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
4th time in 7 games... this always bothered me #petpeeve

what did she do in the 3 of the 7 that it didnt happen?
how many times in the last 13 game?
in the Top 16, does that make them "sixteenth"

Reaction Score
4th time in 7 games... this always bothered me #petpeeve

what did she do in the 3 of the 7 that it didnt happen?
how many times in the last 13 game?
in the Top 16, does that make them "sixteenth"

In the other three games, she scored 8 points, 7 points, and 8 points. She is now ranked 58th in scoring. But that puts her tied for scoring with Courtney Vandersloot and former Maryland star Lynetta Kizer. And ahead of Bria Hartley, etc. And she's moving up the scoring table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom