Kiah Stokes alert | The Boneyard

Kiah Stokes alert

Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes is playing in Turkey for the Bestiktas team. Her team started the season 0-4 prior
to Kiah getting in the lineup. They have now won two straight with Kiah playing. Her first game
getting adjusted to new teammates was 1-9 shooting, 12 rebounds, 4 points, 1 block. Her second
game was a bit better,12 points (5 out of 6 shooting), and a big hello with 20 rebounds, 0 blocks.

Many thanks to my military friend who keeps me up on Kiah's games.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiah Stokes is playing in Turkey for the Bestiktas team. Her team started the season 0-4 prior
to Kiah getting in the lineup. They have now won two straight with Kiah playing. Her first game
getting adjusted to new teammates was 1-9 shooting, 12 rebounds, 4 points, 1 block. Her second
game was a bit better,12 points (5 out of 6 shooting), and a big hello with 20 rebounds, 0 blocks.

Please keep those reports coming.
Kiah was/is one of my favorites. She played in South Korea last year. As a professional athlete, she is definitely seeing the world. Kiah is getting better as time passes. Her second year in the W was much better and more productive than her first.

I predicted that by the end of her third year in the W, she would be averaging a double-double nightly, provided she starts. She getting the playing time (and the confidence) she needs to become more productive for the Liberty. Amanda Zahui B has been getting some of her minutes when Laimbeer needs a boost on the offensive end. Too bad we can't get any media access to any of their games. I'd love to see some of our former players in action overseas.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mo is averaging 16.7 pts, 4.3 assists, 2.3 turnovers, 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 steals in her first six games.
Her team is 5-1 and she is the leading scorer on the team.
Shocking. I never knew this woman was so talented. Seriously, can we convince her parents into having another baby girl?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

tell your friends to join the Boneyard

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Found it interesting that USA basketball is tweeting about her. Don't know how to paste it here, but they commented on her 5-0 start and her 28 point game. They obviously track the USA NT team members and post after good games, but Jefferson hasn't been included in that pool, nor was she on the select team that had a game against the NT team pre-olympics, but they clearly are watching her. (Why wouldn't they - she is I think the most dynamic player out there!)

Reaction Score
Kiah's latest game was a 74-62 loss. Kiah had 9 points, 16 rebounds 2 blocks. Her team now stand at 3-5 (3-1 with Kiah in the lineup).

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She's the best pure PG and defender.

Yep- no one thought Mo could be the just-post-college participant in 2016, but a number of us looks forward to Moriah on Team USA in 2020, if not 2018.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Then there is this... Kiah is currently leading her league in rebounds per game and blocks per game plus she is averaging more than 12 points per game.

She is a double-double machine. Just hope she can stay healthy and continue her maturation for the Libs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mo is averaging 16.7 pts, 4.3 assists, 2.3 turnovers, 3.8 rebounds and 2.2 steals in her first six games.
Her team is 5-1 and she is the leading scorer on the team.

And she's running to the bank to deposit those LARGE checks like someone is chasing her. Go for you Mo. Handle your business. Make us proud. :cool:

Reaction Score
I'm a little worried for Kiah. Things are pretty unstable over there.

Reaction Score
Shocking. I never knew this woman was so talented. Seriously, can we convince her parents into having another baby girl?
Lessee here...they get BUSY over Christmas/New Year's, kid is born in September 2017. Geno will be 63, which means he'd be 81 when she subs as a frosh, and 84 when she wins her fourth NC and Wade trophy (giving her Family Braggin' Rights).

Not TOO far fetched...is it?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Lessee here...they get BUSY over Christmas/New Year's, kid is born in September 2017. Geno will be 63, which means he'd be 81 when she subs as a frosh, and 84 when she wins her fourth NC and Wade trophy (giving her Family Braggin' Rights).

Not TOO far fetched...is it?
I'm basing this all on Shea remaining as the coach and continuing the legacy.

Reaction Score
Kiah's latest game produced a double double in a 72-41 win. She had 14 points (6-9
shooting), 16 rebounds and 3 blocks,and 2-2 in free throws. Her team is now 5-5 and has moved up to 5th place. They are 5-1 with Kiah in the lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom