Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 191 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
He really isn't. I think it was a fair question. Calhoun saying that he "needs to retire some day" seems to be the arrogant statement of the clip to me. We were in the depths of a financial catastrophe and he suggested that Calhoun, like everyone else, ought to consider a pay cut.

Based on your comments earlier on the basketball board and these comments, you are officially the dumbest person on the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Questioning a college basketball coach after a game about his salary, especially one of Calhoun's stature, is poor form.

Calhoun blew up and I think he had every right to do so. Your comment regarding how everyone should be willing to give back some of their salary in tough times is pretty ridiculously idealistic.

Exactly. I was in the room when it happened. Ken was the first question asked of the press conference.

He not only went right after Calhoun, but he effed over every reporter in the room who was just trying to do their job.

He literally took a direct shot at Calhoun and Calhoun buried him for it and rightfully so.

I'm not passing judgement on Ken as a person or even questioning whether it was a valid question, I'm saying that given the setting and the nature of his question it was very clearly an an attempted ambush of Calhoun.

Reaction Score
WTF IS GOING ON. BIG 12 IS FINALLY EXPANDING, I CLICK ON KEY TWEETS AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT KEN FREAKING KRAYESKE AND SHIZ THAT HAPPENED LIKE A DECADE AGO. PULL IT TOGETHER, IN THE NAME OF THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE FISHY SPIRIT

#keytweetsorwhatever

Reaction Score
Krayeske was being disruptive and provocative, not playing by media unwritten rules, and made himself part of the story. But -- that was his goal.

People were talking about it, and not just UConn fans, for weeks afterwards. Mission accomplished. I don't know if he expected the state would actually get involved.
And where is he now?

He was probably hoping the stunt would kickstart his career, but no such luck. Turns out you need to create quality and useful content to have success as a journalist.

Reaction Score
And where is he now?

He was probably hoping the stunt would kickstart his career, but no such luck. Turns out you need to create quality and useful content to have success as a journalist.
Lol...per his web page

>Prevailing in a dispute demands you to tell your story better than the other parties. Before I became a lawyer in November 2010, I spent almost two decades as an investigative journalist, a job of discovering facts to craft narratives.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Come on Phil, I like you but for the love of god please stick to football. This is like the time you came to the BB board and asked whether or not Ed Cooley would be a better HC than KO. I have more gripes with Calhoun's personality more than most others here, but Ken was much, much, much more in the wrong.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Anyone who has a clue about how coaches are paid, knows the state only pays a small portion doesn't pay any of the coaches salary (and if they contribute anything, it is through indirect funding of the school), in comparison to what he actually gets paid. Ken obviously didn't know and that's what made him look bad.

FIFY

It is a footnote in the employment contract (which is public record), that the coaches' salaries are paid primarily out of ticket and sponsorship revenue. Nice guy or not, whether Calhoun overreacted or not, Krayeske should have known that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He really isn't. I think it was a fair question. Calhoun saying that he "needs to retire some day" seems to be the arrogant statement of the clip to me. We were in the depths of a financial catastrophe and he suggested that Calhoun, like everyone else, ought to consider a pay cut.
Wrong place and time. I think that the point upon which pretty much everyone agrees. Including KK, I suppose. It was an attention seeking move, like a paparazzi going up to celebrity's dinner table.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Non - key tweets people. Keep it non - key tweets or discussion of non - key tweets. I don't come here for discussion of how smart reporters are. I come here for the discussion of moonshine twitter accounts and crazy, off the wall realignment scenarios. Just say'n.

:D

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We know Calhoun can be a dick, and he acted like an ass, but Ken was wrong on the merits (particularly the elements of compensation in Calhoun's contract). My bigger point is about Krayeske himself. I find him obnoxious and not nearly as sophisticated as he thinks he is.
He's the Dude with a slightly more sophisticated shtick.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
#ESPN's Skipper on #ACCNetwork: "We will be consistently obfuscatory about what the financials of this arrangement are." #ACCKickoff

From David TeeL

The network, I am sure, doesn't want to provide info to other entities who are negotiating similar media contracts...makes sense to me.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Damn unbalanced arrangement of schools.
Those logos would look much better, and more even, with a growling Jonathan in there.

Cn5VsxfVIAAUvE9.jpg

Reaction Score
Damn unbalanced arrangement of schools.
Those logos would look much better, and more even, with a growling Jonathan in there.

Cn5VsxfVIAAUvE9.jpg
They should at least put a basketball next to ND to properly depict the relationship.

Reaction Score
They should at least put a basketball next to ND to properly depict the relationship.

Naw...all but FB...just put a football next to them that is half cut off (to denote 5/8ths of a schedule.

Reaction Score
I like UConn bball, but Calhoun is pretty much a confirmed ass and Ken is a friend, so I'm not gonna concede that one
A few years ago my buddy, a Syracuse fan posted something nasty about UConn so I responded. I see another nasty anti-UConn/Calhoun post and I recognize the name as Ken Krayeske. I of course had to post the video of Calhoun owning the little twerp and told him how it takes balls to still show his face in Connecticut after getting destroyed on national TV by the biggest personality in the state. I was confused as to why my friend would be friends with Krayeske but he assured me that Krayeske is a tool but he was friend requested by him and he recognized him as a fellow Cuse alumn. . . . . . . .this is way too much time devoted to that putz, let's get back on track.

Reaction Score
A few years ago my buddy, a Syracuse fan posted something nasty about UConn so I responded. I see another nasty anti-UConn/Calhoun post and I recognize the name as Ken Krayeske. I of course had to post the video of Calhoun owning the little twerp and told him how it takes balls to still show his face in Connecticut after getting destroyed on national TV by the biggest personality in the state. I was confused as to why my friend would be friends with Krayeske but he assured me that Krayeske is a tool but he was friend requested by him and he recognized him as a fellow Cuse alumn. . . . . . . .this is way too much time devoted to that putz, let's get back on track.
I don't mean to endlessly continue this topic, but I've been friends with the Krayeske family for decades. Ken was ridiculously out of line in his questioning there both in scope and timing, but outside of that he's actually a really good guy and comes from a great family. Yes, he's a Cuse alum but he'd be the first to call out Boeheim for his nonsense. His Calhoun escapade had absolutely nothing to do with his SU ties.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't mean to endlessly continue this topic, but I've been friends with the Krayeske family for decades. Ken was ridiculously out of line in his questioning there both in scope and timing, but outside of that he's actually a really good guy and comes from a great family. Yes, he's a Cuse alum but he'd be the first to call out Boeheim for his nonsense. His Calhoun escapade had absolutely nothing to do with his SU ties.

Kind of like how Pete Thamel's anti UConn slant has nothing to do with him being a Cuse guy.

Reaction Score
The truth comes out. I don't recall him going to any SU conference and calling out Boeheim.

Seriously, he could be the greatest guy ever. Fahk that guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom