Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 266 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

Reaction Score
But of course, they MUST give Northern Illinois and Arkansas State a closer look before mixing them forever!

Reaction Score
This is ESPN pissing in the pool by ensuring that Rice gets a mention as a candidate.

At this point "The big 12 expands by 3 with Houston, SMU, and Rice" would not surprise me in the least.

Reaction Score
In premium as well.

ESPN McMurphy: Sources: Big 12 cuts expansion list to at least 12

>>While at least a dozen schools made the cut, several others did not, including Arkansas State, Boise State, East Carolina, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State and UNLV, sources said. ESPN could not confirm if Memphis, which was also under consideration by the league, made the cut.

As part of the next step in the process, representatives from each school will make in-person presentations to Big 12 officials in Dallas next week, sources say.<<

Reaction Score
In premium as well.

ESPN McMurphy: Sources: Big 12 cuts expansion list to at least 12

>>While at least a dozen schools made the cut, several others did not, including Arkansas State, Boise State, East Carolina, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, San Diego State and UNLV, sources said. ESPN could not confirm if Memphis, which was also under consideration by the league, made the cut.

As part of the next step in the process, representatives from each school will make in-person presentations to Big 12 officials in Dallas next week, sources say.<<

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 10m 10 minutes ago
Lot of people asking about Memphis… As of this evening, we’ve been unable to confirm where the Tigers stand.

Reaction Score
Hard to imagine the B12 handling this any more poorly.

It's gotten to the point it's clearly hurting their reputation nationally. You kind of have to wonder if they are naive, or just don't give a sh.t. Probably both.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 11h 11 hours ago
UConn is STILL in the mix with the Big 12. How long can the Huskies hold on? Lots depends on BYU. Read about in http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 10m 10 minutes ago
Reports say Big 12 interview list is 12 schools. Too many I think it will be 3 schools for two spots http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 9m 9 minutes ago
BYU is key to Big 12 expansion chatter. I think it will be 3 schools fighting for 2 spots. Find out who. http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 8m 8 minutes ago
Big 12 expansion nonsense goes on with schools who have no chance being told they do or might http://TMGcollegesports.com

FWIW --- He's reporting that he believes the Presidents knock BYU out and it comes down to UConn, Cincy and Houston.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 11h 11 hours ago
UConn is STILL in the mix with the Big 12. How long can the Huskies hold on? Lots depends on BYU. Read about in http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 10m 10 minutes ago
Reports say Big 12 interview list is 12 schools. Too many I think it will be 3 schools for two spots http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 9m 9 minutes ago
BYU is key to Big 12 expansion chatter. I think it will be 3 schools fighting for 2 spots. Find out who. http://TMGcollegesports.com

Mark Blaudschun ‏@blauds 8m 8 minutes ago
Big 12 expansion nonsense goes on with schools who have no chance being told they do or might http://TMGcollegesports.com

FWIW --- He's reporting that he believes the Presidents knock BYU out and it comes down to UConn, Cincy and Houston.
Blauds is going to milk this for all it's worth. He will keep us in contention for clicks until the bitter end.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 10m 10 minutes ago
Lot of people asking about Memphis… As of this evening, we’ve been unable to confirm where the Tigers stand.

Nothing makes me happier. No fanbase across the various forums talking CR has been more arrogant and sure that they were the clear #11. Yet, I don't see how they can even be top 6-7. I think the academics are simply disqualifying (as with Boise St.), the basketball is mediocre, the football worse than that, and the market saturated by UTenn and Ole Miss.

Some Memphis guy on CSNbbs actually said that Memphis could be to the Big 12 what Kentucky is to the SEC. To a league that has Kansas...unreal.

Reaction Score
Nothing makes me happier. No fanbase across the various forums talking CR has been more arrogant and sure that they were the clear #11. Yet, I don't see how they can even be top 6-7. I think the academics are simply disqualifying (as with Boise St.), the basketball is mediocre, the football worse than that, and the market saturated by UTenn and Ole Miss.

Some Memphis guy on CSNbbs actually said that Memphis could be to the Big 12 what Kentucky is to the SEC. To a league that has Kansas...unreal.

If UConn is left out, I will vomit if I read a post like this on this board: (Memphis fans from the CSNBBS boards)
"B12 is so dysfunctional, I'm not sure we need to get in--league is going to blow up in 2025 when we starting getting over $5-6 million a year; probably end up losing money taking into account AAC exit fee and $10M a year loss due to deemphasis of BB."

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If UConn is left out, I will vomit if I read a post like this on this board: (Memphis fans from the CSNBBS boards)
"B12 is so dysfunctional, I'm not sure we need to get in--league is going to blow up in 2025 when we starting getting over $5-6 million a year; probably end up losing money taking into account AAC exit fee and $10M a year loss due to deemphasis of BB."

Yeah, I see you there and know you see those posts. LOL. That one is simply them realizing the obvious...that not being USNWR top 200 is simply disqualifying to University Presidents. That's like a minimum requirement for consideration. You can be ranked poorly, like USF...and make it up with solid research like they do. But Memphis has nothing.

Reaction Score
I sincerely think Memphis and a couple of others are probably out and just milking the process now to sell tickets and keep the fanbase motivated.

If Memphis is still in, it wouldn't of taken basically 24 hours to confirm it. If I'm a University President and I get told by the Big 12 that we are still a candidate, and I see other schools confirming it, I'm gonna confirm that we're a part of it so fast I'd be a blur.

The fact that they waited so long tells me they got cut and we're debating internally how to respond.

Reaction Score

Memphis hoops are better than mediocre. They actually would fit in the Big East (except they want to play football too).

Reaction Score
Memphis hoops are better than mediocre. They actually would fit in the Big East (except they want to play football too).

Really? Being very sincere here. Cal got them to promised land in 2008, but that was vacated and since then Memphis hasn't made it past the first weekend of the Tournament since 2009.

They've missed the Tournament the last two seasons too.

I'm not saying they suck, but to be honest they are sort of the very definition of mediocre at the moment.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

The were well above average. But now they aren't much better than average. They'd have been about the 7th best team in the Big 12 last year...in a 10 team league. The Big East wouldn't go near them. Too far and not a cultural fit at all. Missouri Valley maybe.

Reaction Score
Not saying we have the clout, but we do have the market. Texas and UConn anchoring the Big 12 for the foreseeable future does sound like a very good proposition. It comes down to whether the Big 12 wants to expand east.

I can't see how Texas would want to turn down being right next to the NYC area. This will be the only chance they have, unless they want to go to the Big Ten. They'd be really stupid to turn down this opportunity.

Reaction Score
Nothing makes me happier. No fanbase across the various forums talking CR has been more arrogant and sure that they were the clear #11....

Admittedly, their vociferous twitter spokesman, Tiger Mike, lacks any semblance of tact, eloquence and charm...

But as a group, BYU fans have struck me as the most arrogant.

They honestly seem to believe that they are absolutely perfect and that anybody who disagrees is an unamerican religious liberty violator.

Reaction Score
Admittedly, their vociferous twitter spokesman, Tiger Mike, lacks any semblance of tact, eloquence and charm...

But as a group, BYU fans have struck me as the most arrogant.

They honestly seem to believe that they are absolutely perfect and that anybody who disagrees is an unamerican religious liberty violator.

Well when your school was founded by a guy who claims he found brand new chapters of the Bible in freakin' Utah, you shouldn't be shocked by the arrogance.

EDIT: Apologies, as many have pointed out, he found the plates with lost verses of the Bible in upstate NY. So, yeah...

Last edited:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well when your school was founded by a guy who claims he found brand new chapters of the Bible in freakin' Utah, you shouldn't be shocked by the arrogance.
I believe Joseph Smith dug up the golden tablets (which he wouldn't allow anyone to actually see) in upstate NY. I read about the religion's origin story because it was fascinating how people can have faith in most anything. I feel the same way about all religions, but not many have a contemporaneous history that we can trust.

Reaction Score
I believe Joseph Smith dug up the golden tablets (which he wouldn't allow anyone to actually see) in upstate NY. I read about the religion's origin story because it was fascinating how people can have faith in most anything. I feel the same way about all religions, but not many have a contemporaneous history that we can trust.
I always thought of Mormonism as Christian fan fiction

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom