Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell. | Page 841 | The Boneyard

Key tweets, and it's all gone to Hell.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
People aren't trolls because they disagree with you. You said something quite outrageous. For instance the idea that the schools retroactively owe money to players. They don't. If they do there is no limiting factor. Should a lineman from 1972 get his money not given to him?

You were proven completely wrong on this. Are you going to stop trolling this board about realignment, or are you just getting started?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He is something else. His posts are usually way out there and then his interpretations of other people's posts are unreal. He talks down to multiple posters on here about what they post, and I never interpret the posts in the negative manner he does. He seems to be the "world is out to get me" type, and I couldn't imagine living life like that.
The news cycle hasn’t gone well for you either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What's your favorite part about being a Seton Hall fan?

This developing House situation is great news for UConn, and you sticking with this Seton Hall bit that has never worked.

Reaction Score
UConn and the Big East need to opt in. The schools won’t need to add 30 million to their budgets though. That number is a cap; not a floor. I expect all Big East schools to revenue share with their M/W basketball players. I think UConn will revenue share with football players, M/W basketball players and maybe a few other sports.

This legislation likely means our baseball and soccer programs won’t be able to compete.
It actually means NONE of our programs will be able to compete. Seton Hall, Butler, Providence, St John’s etc al they won’t be able to compete on this level. Heck they can barely compete now. They have virtually no other program that is any good yet they aren’t anything more than eh basketball programs.

Reaction Score
It actually means NONE of our programs will be able to compete. Seton Hall, Butler, Providence, St John’s etc al they won’t be able to compete on this level. Heck they can barely compete now. They have virtually no other program that is any good yet they aren’t anything more than eh basketball programs.
The not being able to compete stuff is getting old… the big east is doing well… best tournament in college basketball by a mile.. back to back ncca tournament champs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Are you paying attention to the House case? The cost of running a football program is about to skyrocket.

Reaction Score
Yes. I suspect all of the catholic schools are hanging on by smaller tethers than people realize

Reaction Score
The not being able to compete stuff is getting old… the big east is doing well… best tournament in college basketball by a mile.. back to back ncca tournament champs
LOL. The NEWBIE is what it is. UConn is doing well. The rest of the league got 2 bids.

Have you ever been to another major conference tournament? Most NEWBIE fanboys haven’t. I like the ACC in Greensboro. The ACC should play there every year. Takes over the whole town. At your hotel the women at the desk tells you about Wake Forest’s 3 point defense. Your bar tender wants to know if you’re Duke or UNC before he decides how much to charge you.

At MSG the ushers don’t know who’s playing. We went to a sports bar across the street and they didn’t even have the NBE on tv. Most people talking about the Yankees and Mets and Rangers and Knicks. Only people talking about the NEWBIE were other NEWBIE fans.

The Big 10 is very corporate. I don’t love it but the student sections get into it. And you don’t have to watch hideous teams like DePaul and Georgetown.

Connecticut people in general, and UConn fans in particular seem to fetishize Madison Square Garden. I guess if you grew up in Rocky Hill or Wallingford it seems exciting.

Reaction Score
The Big East does wonders for the football program. Super competitive.

Reaction Score
LOL. The NEWBIE is what it is. UConn is doing well. The rest of the league got 2 bids.

Have you ever been to another major conference tournament? Most NEWBIE fanboys haven’t. I like the ACC in Greensboro. The ACC should play there every year. Takes over the whole town. At your hotel the women at the desk tells you about Wake Forest’s 3 point defense. Your bar tender wants to know if you’re Duke or UNC before he decides how much to charge you.

At MSG the ushers don’t know who’s playing. We went to a sports bar across the street and they didn’t even have the NBE on tv. Most people talking about the Yankees and Mets and Rangers and Knicks. Only people talking about the NEWBIE were other NEWBIE fans.

The Big 10 is very corporate. I don’t love it but the student sections get into it. And you don’t have to watch hideous teams like DePaul and Georgetown.

Connecticut people in general, and UConn fans in particular seem to fetishize Madison Square Garden. I guess if you grew up in Rocky Hill or Wallingford it seems exciting.
Interesting… on the Syracuse message board all they talked about is how great the big east tournament is and how much they missed it.. and how awful the acc tournament was

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yes. I suspect all of the catholic schools are hanging on by smaller tethers than people realize
All 11 schools in the BE fund men’s basketball in the top 86. Even DePaul spends more than almost every non-major program.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They spend more on basketball than many of the P4 football schools.

Reaction Score
Interesting… on the Syracuse message board all they talked about is how great the big east tournament is and how much they missed it.. and how awful the acc tournament was
Let's make strategic athletic department decisions based on one sport's four day conference tournament.

Reaction Score

Disagree…. Big East had a great tourney this year.
I think there is a solid core of coaches that will get this league back to a solid 4-5 teams every year and 5-6 in some.

The league this year should have had 4 teams possibly 5.

It just can’t be UConn and the seven dwarfs. Another team has to step up and challenge UConn.

Reaction Score
How long are you two going to pretend that the House case does not exist?
I could have totally misinterpreted the potential impact, but here's how I'm seeing things. I think your argument is that big football schools will be disproportionally hit. I can see that being the case for past damages. So, the Big 10 and SEC schools may have a HUGE bill coming.

The other concern, however, is the ongoing revenue sharing that is being discussed as part of a settlement. I think UConn and G5 football schools are in potential trouble if that happens. The P4 schools all have more revenue to share than the Big East and that is mostly because of football. It will be very hard to compete with the P4 in football (maybe even harder than now?) if you don't ante up and meet their revenue sharing dollars. The percentage would have to be substantially higher than what the P4 would be paying. The $20mm cap I've seen discussed would be MUCH easier for the SEC and Big Ten in particular, than it would be for UConn.

The rest of the Big East and any other non-football playing power basketball teams (Gonzaga) won't have to hit that $20mm number because I assume much of that money will go to the football players in the P4. To compete, UConn would have to give a bigger portion of money that the school doesn't have, to the program that is costing the most.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

stop trying to make fetch happen regina george GIF

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Not a tweet but something to keep in mind: 7 NCAA member schools are closing at the end of this school year. Five are in Division 3, and the other two in are in Division 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom