Kevin Ollie & Kevin Durant Connection | The Boneyard

Kevin Ollie & Kevin Durant Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If this is common knowledge- I will apologize in advance. I spend a lot more time on the women's board.
While in Tulsa OK this past fall, my daughter brings us to one of her favorite non denominal churches. She says it is supposed to be an awesome" sermon" that she thinks I will enjoy. Beautiful Church with singing groups, 3 huge TV screens. Young minister turns on the screen and there is Kevin Durant with the Pastor of the same Church in OK City. I am not a big follower of the NBA. But I have heard Durant is beloved out there as much because of he is as special a person as he is talented on the court. He is accessible to the community and really revered. They asked him what if any event or person was responsible for the person he has become today- then the three huge screens are lit up with a picture of UConn coach Kevin Ollie. None of knew this was coming. Kevin goes on about Ollie. There is more to the story. Not sure whether this is common knowledge, or if anyone really cares. But I got a taste first hand, or 2nd hand from Kevin Durant, who said Ollie made the entire team all better individuals and a better team just by being who he was-Kevin Ollie.
I love listening to him, and the more I hear him the more I like him. Now I know why. It was quite a 3rd
Party endorsement.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Great story. Did you notice any power forwards in the pews?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Great story. Did you notice any power forwards in the pews?
Is that your dog on pic? I had a pure bred husky 15 yrs- Kimo didn't have a drinking problem though!

Reaction Score
Thats awesome....Durant was recently on the BS Report with Bill Simmons and pretty much said that he owes a lot to Kevin Ollie and that Ollie was a "game changer" for him because of the way he changed the culture in OKC. Durant said that he wanted to be so much like KO was in the way he treated the game and how he carried himself that it created a whole new way of thinking in OKC, which is prevalent now. Imagine all of this being shown to a recruit....just a video of Durant praising the hell out of KO. What kid is not gonna wanna play for that guy???

Also- Durant is a really, really, really good guy too. (LeBron is also) Two of the NBA's best are two of the most likeable (yes it is now safe for all of you to like LeBron) as well.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
UConnfan8- thks for that response- I'm glad a few people enjoyed this. It can be intimidating posting as a new poster! Actually, Durant said, Ollie would say bye to everyone in the locker room, and disappear alone, on foot- even on the road. Then the whole team got curious about it, and they would watch him disappear around the same corner in OK every day. As a prank they decided to follow him. It led them to a small Chapel. They waited for him to come out. Went to dinner or lunch. The team/Kevin Began inquiring constantly to Kevin about what he does , why, and how his belief system benefits him- and Durant said it was earth shattering to himself and many on the team.

Reaction Score
UConnfan8- thks for that response- I'm glad a few people enjoyed this. It can be intimidating posting as a new poster! Actually, Durant said, Ollie would say bye to everyone in the locker room, and disappear alone, on foot- even on the road. Then the whole team got curious about it, and they would watch him disappear around the same corner in OK every day. As a prank they decided to follow him. It led them to a small Chapel. They waited for him to come out. Went to dinner or lunch. The team/Kevin Began inquiring constantly to Kevin about what he does , why, and how his belief system benefits him- and Durant said it was earth shattering to himself and many on the team.

Wow...just wow...

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
Is that your dog on pic? I had a pure bred husky 15 yrs- Kimo didn't have a drinking problem though!

No, I chose the name "Sibeerian" and then did a google image search for "husky with beer" not expecting anything. To my amazement, there was that picture.

Reaction Score

You need to post here more often. We expect at least two more posts tomorrow.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
There is no bigger NBA supporter of Ollie than Durant.
Is that/this already public knowledge to the BY? I hadn't known it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom