Kevin Nathan raking UConn over the coals... | The Boneyard

Kevin Nathan raking UConn over the coals...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been on a rant on WTIC sportstalk for the last 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
Um, you call that a coal raking? Talk about "softball" commentary! Hey, the UCFB coaching, particularly Coach Blue and his crusty OC sidekick, is small time so why not have the talking heads in the same league!

Reaction Score
Give him credit. He very gingerly criticized the lack of diversity on first down after a long preamble in which he stated his reluctance to second-guess playcalling because of all the time the coaches put in. Personally don't agree the hours coaches put in make them immune from criticism, but given KN is part of the radio team it was somewhat refreshing to hear even a semicritical voice. Didnt hear the timeout issue discussed, though.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be something to see Nathan ask Pasqualoni about overly conservative play-calling/time management over the stadium speakers at halftime?

Reaction Score
Lost all respect for Nathan. He is afraid of losing access instead of doing his job. He should be a honest broker of unvarnished truth. Total small time loser in my book. He goes on my banned list.

Reaction Score
Yes, because every employee gets a lot of credit from their employer by publicly attacking the number 1 client. I agree, he must go.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Things have to be pretty bad for that fluffer to give even a mild rebuke.

Guys...he played Division III football. Ergo, he knows more about football than you.

Reaction Score
given that in most of these cases while the broadcast team is employed by the station, it is subject to approval of the school, I'm not sure Nathan really has much leeway to be overly critical. Don't know the details of UConn's deal, but that is a pretty standard arrangement for the local radio team. given his long history, Joe D could likely get away with a bit more push back than a Nathan can. Newspaper and other media guys not associated with the program can be more aggressive/critical, too. to at least some extent, Kevin Nathan, Wayne Norman, Joe D are "part of the team," so their criticism is going to be muted at best.

C

Chief00

Coach P losing Kevin Nathan is like Nixon losing Barry Goldwater during Watergate. Not many big defenders left. Loyalty to DeLeone was his downfall. Yes I am talking in the past tense. There is less than a 10% chance he returns. Seemed like a decent guy - but never could string together 2 wins.​

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan is a #clown. He talks about how he played (at a Div III school) and tries to relate to NFL, College BCS.

He never remotely critizes anything, even obvious poor performances.

Lost all respect for Nathan. He is afraid of losing access instead of doing his job. He should be a honest broker of unvarnished truth. Total small time loser in my book. He goes on my banned list.

Reaction Score
Kevin Nathan is a #clown. He talks about how he played (at a Div III school) and tries to relate to NFL, College BCS.

He never remotely critizes anything, even obvious poor performances.

Excuse me - he was a D3 All American Safety.

Reaction Score
The only impressive thing Kevin Nathan has ever done was breaking the Calhoun retirement story. I've never seen or heard anything else notable from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom