Kentucky Fans... | The Boneyard

Kentucky Fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just got back from my first trip to the National Championship Game (couldn't attend until Sunday because of work on Saturday). I have to say, I was impressed with Kentucky's fans. First off, there were a TON of them. Must have out numbered us 10 to 1 or more. They all seemed to respect us UConn fans. Maybe it was just the ones we encountered, but there didn't seem to be much crap talking before. I was impressed with them.

That said, glad we whooped them.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Just got back from my first trip to the National Championship Game (couldn't attend until Sunday because of work on Saturday). I have to say, I was impressed with Kentucky's fans. First off, there were a TON of them. Must have out numbered us 10 to 1 or more. They all seemed to respect us UConn fans. Maybe it was just the ones we encountered, but there didn't seem to be much crap talking before. I was impressed with them.

My group attracted a few of the more "outgoing" UK fans to put it kindly. The easiest way to defuse them was saying that CT and UK are 2 of the precious few states in the country that love college basketball first. Once you throw that out there, sunshine and rainbows.

Reaction Score
I was sitting next to the Asst AD of Wisconsin for the final. I basically asked why they were in such "crappy" seats as I expected them to be down court side. They replied that the Uk fans who bought the tickets next to them (after they lost) were saying things such as they hoped their whole family died and were screaming F bombs. However considering there had to be 50,000 Uk fans there- most were very well behaved and respectful.
I do have to say that our team never gave them a reason not to be respectful- we jumped out to a quick lead and they never had the lead.

When I was in Detroit everyone was super nice until they won the game - then I had possibly the worst basketball experience ever. I am glad the hayseeds did not have a chance to turn the corner- but for the most part I had no beef with any of the ones I met whatsoever.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
When I was in Detroit everyone was super nice until they won the game - then I had possibly the worst basketball experience ever. I am glad the hayseeds did not have a chance to turn the corner- but for the most part I had no beef with any of the ones I met whatsoever.

The MSU fans in Detroit were an absolute disgrace. My ex and a couple of my best buddies are crazy MSU supporters (I sold my buddies family still living in East Lansing my finals tix after we lost) and they are all gracious, kind people. However, the dicks we encountered at the Final Four were a completely different breed. Absolutely unbearable.

Reaction Score
They have some really annoying fans as all fan bases do but I've met some great Kentucky fans, extremely knowledgeable and gracious.

Reaction Score
Kentucky fans and internet/bandwagon Kentucky fans are two different species.

A few posters mentioned that the same can be said for the two difference groups of Syracuse fans (half of my best friends from childhood are Cuse fans and are the greatest dudes) and I agree.

The Kentucky fans I met at MSG a few years ago were all very nice and respectful.

Perhaps Louisville fans would have a different take on it, but I think Kentucky fans are great for the sport, much like Nebraska fans are for football.

Reaction Score
The Kentucky fans I know hated Calhoun and bought into that we are an outlaw program because some players stole a laptop or two. I sensed they felt that we couldn't be as good as we are without cheating. I had to remind them of cash in fed ex envelopes aka Chris Mills back in the day.

Reaction Score

We met an older Kentucky couple in a bar who very gracious and easy to talk to. I guess there is some lesson in life to be learned here.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's funny reading this after reading the "UConn fans" thread on their board Needless to say..the feeling isn't mutual. I would say 90% have disdain for our fanbase. Of course these are the internet posters....and they lost to us. But....the people who post on their message boards and encountered UConn fans at the Final Four did not think to much of us.

But...we won. So we got that going for us.

Also...don't go to their message board unless you want to get annoyed. The first 5 comments about UConn cheating are amusing...but it gets old when they list things like UConn has failed the APR score again and Napier was given a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom