Kentucky down to 6 players | The Boneyard

Kentucky down to 6 players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And note of the 6, one is a transfer who averaged like 5 points at Cincinnati.

Surprised they havent added any JUCOs yet.

Reaction Score
Jeez, I hope for the sake of the remaining 6 that no one experiences any nagging injuries that need rest. I lose no love on that program, but this is really bad. I feel for the kids who are sticking it out.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Still little to no explanation exactly what the problem is which makes this situation even more bizarre!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Is any one ever going to reveal what's really going on at KY?

Reaction Score
Tennessee was a finalist for Scott. Are they still interested ?

Reaction Score
Still little to no explanation exactly what the problem is which makes this situation even more bizarre!

As I said earlier, it merely could be that they passed a tipping point. Players/recruits might be perfectly content now, but the team's prospects for next season have deteriorated drastically. So why not get out, particularly if you're a HS kid and reopen your recruitment? Then as each kid does that, the situation gets worse, pushing more players to reconsider.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There's an upside. Coach Mitchell can now promise playing time to recruits and keep a straight face.:D
I was gonna say, how can they give up that much playing time???

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Tennessee was a finalist for Scott. Are they still interested ?

I think Holly would listen, but I think Holly would take Corsaro (if she wanted to come) over Scott.

Scott isn't a necessity IMO.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
How many does Duke have?
I tried to scope it out, couldn't

Reaction Score
How does this man still make loads of money? he is VERY well paid and hasn't done anything. i think he makes like two or three times the amount Holly makes at TN. he needs to be fired ASAP.

Reaction Score
  • Associated Press May 3, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky's Matthew Mitchell signed a seven-year extension Thursday, putting him among the highest-paid coaches in women's college basketball.

The deal runs through the 2018-19 season. Mitchell is guaranteed at least $7.7 million in salary and endorsements, before performance-based incentives, over the life of the contract.

Kentucky gives coach Mitchell 7-year extension

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
  • Associated Press May 3, 2012
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky's Matthew Mitchell signed a seven-year extension Thursday, putting him among the highest-paid coaches in women's college basketball.

The deal runs through the 2018-19 season. Mitchell is guaranteed at least $7.7 million in salary and endorsements, before performance-based incentives, over the life of the contract.

Kentucky gives coach Mitchell 7-year extension

And, as posted earlier in this non-ending drama, he and his wife donated $1 million of that back to the KY. Athletic Department, coming in installments that go to and/or beyond that contract extension. I suppose one reason why we have not heard about "what is really going on" in regards to what started this/keeps it going/tops it out (etc.) is that there is a serious financial quid pro quo going on between UK Athletics and it's head coach. And that back-and-forth no matter how well intended (or what critics think of it) now looks like the Faustian tie-that-binds.

Reaction Score
And note of the 6, one is a transfer who averaged like 5 points at Cincinnati.

Surprised they havent added any JUCOs yet.

It's still not too late. Juco's and 5th year transfers could help wonders for KU (UK?) --
If they combined them you may get one one reasonable team - they could be called "Ducky." Add North Carolina for "North Ducky."

My kind of HUMOR!!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Mitchell made another statement: LINK.

My interpretation is that he feels he didn't give them enough love and encouragement.

Reaction Score
Mitchell made another statement: LINK.

My interpretation is that he feels he didn't give them enough love and encouragement.

And he only realizes this when players and coaches leave. This guy is too busy thinking about himself. I'm not sure how an AD can let this go no matter how much success he's had or how much money he gives to the school. The program is sinking like the Titanic.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Too bad this decent six-player rotation isn't one Kentucky might be able to use analogously:

• Breanna Stewart
  • Moriah Jefferson
  • Kiah Stokes
  • Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
  • Bria Hartley
  • Stefanie Dolson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors