Kenny Wooten (PF) | The Boneyard

Kenny Wooten (PF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Verbal Commits

Onetime Nevada commit - now on the market and rated a 4-star by Scout and ESPN (his VC page is out of date in that regard). Other offers from Arizona, Kansas, and a slew of PAC schools.

Reaction Score
What's the story with this kid? Already graduated, was he recruited by anyone and just wasn't sure what his path was going to be? Weird story for a kid who looks to have some promise on the court for sure?

Reaction Score
Seems like he was committed to Nevada, had a great senior year of basketball that would have garnered more interest than what he had if it wasn't so late in his career, and decided to transfer and do a post-grad year right before he graduated from that high school

Reaction Score
I would love to land Kenny Wooten. He could be a big piece to a very successful season next year. I would have loved to see us offer Pryor or Livingston in 2016.

Reaction Score
Wooten is a stud and would be a huge get. He played in the Ball is Life All American game this year. Some great company there.
IMG_8106.JPG

Reaction Score
Good friends with Vance Jackson . Already graduated and is looking to start college next semester as a red shirt.
Don't know enough about the rules of how this would work with him RSing in the spring. But maybe we have an advantage over other schools with an open scholarship for this year in being able to do that. Probably just me trying to talk up our chances

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Don't know enough about the rules of how this would work with him RSing in the spring. But maybe we have an advantage over other schools with an open scholarship for this year in being able to do that. Probably just me trying to talk up our chances
Just for consideration, could he play this spring if he came for the spring semester? I'm not saying it's a good idea, just want to know whether there are any rules preventing it.

Reaction Score
Just for consideration, could he play this spring if he came for the spring semester? I'm not saying it's a good idea, just want to know whether there are any rules preventing it.
Every case is different, but theoretically yes, that is allowed. Austin Wiley is doing so with Auburn this year. He's a future NBA player so losing a year of eligibility doesn't matter to him.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
@ Guy who was livid that KO did not have thirteen scholarship players on the roster by October...now you know why coaches sometimes like to keep things flexible.

Reaction Score
I think it's possible, typically it happens with players who can't qualify academically IIRC. So it would be a bad look for the NCAA if they allowed that to happen, but then say someone who graduated early couldn't do the same

Reaction Score
79th in the class of 2017 (247) with Kansas leading his crystal ball initially FWIW. Looks like they haven't updated his page much at all though. He said recently he's probably a late signee, so I wouldn't expect his decision any time soon.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
79th in the class of 2017 (247) with Kansas leading his crystal ball initially FWIW. Looks like they haven't updated his page much at all though. He said recently he's probably a late signee, so I wouldn't expect his decision any time soon.

P.J. Washington to UK may be pushing Jarred Vanderbilt to Kansas. I'd be patient.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
P.J. Washington to UK may be pushing Jarred Vanderbilt to Kansas. I'd be patient.
Yea, and then both go on to sign another Top 25 guy at the same position to be the first guys bench counterpart.

These programs don't play by the same rules and limitations as us when it comes to recruiting so it's not even comparable in my opinion.

Reaction Score
What is our open scholarship position for this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom