Kelly vs. Alyssa | The Boneyard

Kelly vs. Alyssa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, can Kelly shut down Alyssa T again? As I recall from the earlier game, Alyssa claimed she had a bad game and Kelly had nothing to do with it.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So, can Kelly shut down Alyssa T again? As I recall from the earlier game, Alyssa claimed she had a bad game and Kelly had nothing to do with it.
It was a team effort. Kelly wasn't the only one that defended her. And she did have a bad game. She will play better this time.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It was a team effort. Kelly wasn't the only one that defended her. And she did have a bad game. She will play better this time.

Gee, I hope not!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just wondering: for all you olde-tyme Husky fans...does Kelly's play remind you a bit of Carla Berube?

Glue type players....a bit of this and that...whatever is needed....winners.

Until Kelly's current season Carla was more of a scorer....Kelly probably stronger and a better defensive player....not stars
but vital to our team.

Reaction Score
I recall Kelly going at Allysa very hard...no doubt contributing to her bad game...that said, Alyssa seems to be playing very well and she should do better...

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
You are likely correct...but hopefully the zebras will not let the Terrapins rough up the Huskies as much as last time, as well!

HGN

Reaction Score
Kelly doesn't need to shut Allysa down , all she has to do is slow Allysa down......Keep her from into the lane and dishing or scoring. If Allysa gets into the lane she is going to be a problem. A BIG problem. Kelly has the feet , but I am not sure she has the strength and size to guard Allysa all game long . So I hope Geno gives her some help. I can see Stewie on her from time to time just to give Allysa a different look.

Maryland also has that short bench , due to injuries , and cannot afford to be in foul trouble.

Other than that we should win the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We need to slow Thomas and Hawkins and also not let Katie Rutan get comfortable. She is a very good 3-point shooter.

Reaction Score
Alyssa thomas is putting up huge numbers... except against elite opponents (at least from what ive seen). She'll have her 10-14 but wont make a difference. Kelly will play smart, take the charges (alyssa's strength can be used against her) and well have another 15-20 pt win if our offense pans out the way it is intended to.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
We need to rebound! If we do not it could be a lot closer than we would like. I see ALyssa having a better game this next time around, but it still will not be easy for her. She will earn everything she gets.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If we play our game they cant outscore us. Our defense is not comparable to the first two teams MD played. We are a much improved team since the last time we faced MD. Alyssa may shoot better but I dont think she lights it up againest our defense. Remember one thing. We are UConn. We blow most opponets away. MD is no different and were playing in Conn. We just may see EDD on Monday now wouldnt that be somethin...........

Reaction Score
You are likely correct...but hopefully the zebras will not let the Terrapins rough up the Huskies as much as last time, as well!
Remember history repeats itself. Zebras have allowed anyone having the right personnel to maul Huskies all season long. I don't expect anything different on saturday. But huskies are getting better at playing through it. Mich. State was small and slow, and an easy matchup for terapins. Huskies should have the depth and quickness to wear them down.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
iirc both Morgan and Kiah were non entities in the first game while recovering and Bria was not herself (until the last few games). Stewie playing with huge confidence now and 7'2" wingpsan makes it a totally different game from our perscpective as well.

Limit our turnovers and we'll be ok imho.

Reaction Score
Can someone tell Doris Burke that a 7'-1" wingspan isn't 71" (5'-11")...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom