Kelly again | The Boneyard

Kelly again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
This may have come up in Maryland game threads, which I haven't been through. And the first time I saw how underappreciated Kelly is was way back when she was a freshman and played huge -- and unnoticed -- rebounding in the Stanford NC game.

She was getting some general recognition a few weeks a few weeks ago, but that's disappeared. And it was sad when someone -- likely that former Purdue coach -- made a comment for the Maryland game along the lines of Kelly "might even get a look" in the WNBA. MIGHT? Absurd. Any WNBA GM who is not looking very closely at Kelly, if one exists, is a damn fool. Like some folks at ESPN.

Kelly got barely a mention in the Maryland game, during which the hyping of Thomas was high. I haven't seen much of Thomas, but I assume she must be damn good considering all the praise following her. So, you would think a defender who pretty much shut her down twice (yes, I know it wasn't entirely Kelly's doing) might get some attention in media/fandom and would be getting raves. Yet she basically wasn't even mentioned!! If Thomas is easy AA for everyone, then what is Kelly? Her valet?

BTW, Kelly's very efficient, excellent offensive role was entirely overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom