Keeping up in the recruiting world | The Boneyard

Keeping up in the recruiting world

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
A good article on the competitive landscape. The NCAA now allows an unlimited non-coaching recruiting staff who can send unlimited texts/calls/etc to prospects. Alabama has hired a former B12 head coach, NFL assistant coach, and star recruiter as coordinator at Alabama to lead its non-coaching recruitment staff.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/scarbinsky_8.html

If there was any doubt that the rich were going to get richer in the brave new unregulated world of college football recruiting that begins Aug. 1, Alabama dispelled it Thursday when it announced that [Kevin] Steele is rejoining the staff....

[P]rograms will be allowed to hire an entire staff, beyond the coaching staff, to do nothing but recruit on campus, to send out the unlimited number of calls, texts, mailings, etc., to prospects that the new rules also will allow. On-field coaches will remain the only off-campus recruiters.

Basically, the recruiting coordinator and coaching positions are being divorced, and the non-coaching recruiting staff is going to grow tremendously. Whatever you think of Matt Cersosimo, he'll probably need to decide before long whether he's going to be a coach or a recruiting coordinator; he won't be able to do both, except at a low-budget school that is skimping on staff.

Which leads me to my next question: Is UConn a low-budget school that is skimping on staff, or are we investing in a dedicated recruiting staff?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
in the middle budget wise but that may change if we have a b1g future or not...

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Don't know if this is a fit for this thread. I have had the opportunity to tour the football facility at UConn. It was amazing. This weekend, I was at the U of Colorado, a PAC12 team, and was in the football bubble, the football stadium, and the weight room. UConn's football facilities are better in every aspect by far. Their stadium is on campus, is bigger, but I prefer The Rent. In the right league, with the right coach, we could have such an advantage. I was blown away by the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom