KC vs Oakland | The Boneyard

KC vs Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great game last night, I saw it but didn't see it all.
1. Haven't watched much baseball this year due to Red Sox un-watch-ability
2. Therefore after I tuned in right at start, I kept a laptop going constantly which is uncommon for me. Normally I try to watch baseball on DVR delay so that I can at least fast-forward between innings. Watching real-time was unbearable. Ultimately I switched over to 30mins of something else so that I could skip commercial breaks.
3. Great game, I was rooting for the A's and Lester. He was delivering. But I had sympathy for the KC crowd.
4. I was about to go to bed and cleaning up in kitchen heard fan noise and came back in to watch rally in the 8th. By the time the 9th rolled around I'd switched allegiances and was rooting for the Royals.
5. Very tired, falling asleep.
6. Went to bed after 11th inning
7. Saw that A's had scored in 12th just before I went to bed, but too tired at 12:30AM to tune back-in.
8. Checked score when I woke up to see that I'd missed the 2nd or 3rd epic comeback by the Royals

Some reports this AM had the game as one of the greatest baseball games ever. I can't speak to that even though the TV was on in front of me for 75% of game. Front-running ego-centric Boston/big city fan, grumpy old man or baseball needs to fix its time issues?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11622632/mlb-use-experimental-speed-rules-arizona-fall-league

Reaction Score
For me, what made it special was the crowd and the connection of the KC player's excitement in tune with what it meant for the crowd. They played their hearts out for that city and just wouldn't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom